/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help on pc studies

Imaan
05-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Salaams

Any1 here doing the Cambridge IGCSE computer and IT course? The textbooks' name is 'Computer Studies and Information Technology' by Chris Leadbetter and Stewart Wainwright.

I need help please, with section 3 in the textbook. I hope sum1 here can help....:phew

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
05-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Why don't you post the question and I'm sure someone can answer.

Raaina
05-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Yeah I don't have that text book, but if you tell me what problem you're having, I can try and help :)

Imaan
05-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Ok I'll scan it and post it here, thanks 4 all da replies, 'teachers!' LOL

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Imaan
06-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Here's da page I want help with; can sum1 plz explain it to my in simple terms. :exhausted

Thanks 2 all my LI teachers......;D

Scorpian
07-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Is the book referring to binary and how the computer open a file from an external device etc? and what are the elements is it talking about?

Alpha Dude
07-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Just use the example to base your answers on.

For example, problem 1:

Step 1. Understand the problem: A list of x many values will be entered and you have to display the total along with how many there are (x).

Step 2. Devise a solution - draw a similar diagram as seen in the book:

Initialise values -> total=0, count=total
Process numbers -> process element in list while current element is not equal to 0 -> read value, add to total, add to count
Display answers -> print total, print count

Initialise vals:
count = 0
total = 0
Process numbers:
while not value of element in list = 0, do:
read element;
add element to total val;
add 1 to count
end while
Display answer:
Print: total (gives total cost)
Print: count (gives number of items)

Imaan
07-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Ohh I just saw ur answer 2day, thanks brother, hmmmm I don't know if i'm very stupid lol or what cos I don't seem to understand u...... :omg:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!