/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some help

Looking 4 Hope
06-02-2010, 02:37 PM
I have recently been having problems in my beliefs. I was a christian but one day i decided to read the bible my self and instead of having someone interpret it for me. Come to find out there are way too many loop holes in the bible and they no longer have the original. Back in the middle age the catholic church could have easily changed words around to benefit them self's.
So i started questioning the bible and my beliefs in god which is a big no in Christianity. After that I became deist because i really do not know what to believe in. I know there is a god but i do not know which. Then one day I talked to a Muslim from my work about our faith and beliefs in religion. He is one of the most peace loving and caring people towards anyone. Which is a big difference in the beliefs about Muslims that the society gives. I always thought Muslims were violent and terrorists. But i thought about islam before but i blew it off then something in my heart keeps pushing me to read more about islam. Which brings me here.

I need to learn more because i want to make sure it is in my heart to convert if i decide to so i have a few questions.

1. Why does the koran say punish people that leave islam.
2. in islamic law is it ok if a Muslim is an American lawyer? I am so-pose to be going to law school soon.

Im sure il have some later i thank you for any help given.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
06-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum Looking4Hope,

I'm sorry you had to wait so long for your thread to be approved. I'm really happy to hear that you've decided to learn more about Islam and I hope you will receive answers to your questions here, God-willing.

Peace.

islamirama
06-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Welcome,

This is a good place to ask questions :)

As for question 2

Working as a lawyer is not haraam in and of itself, because it is not judging according to something other than that which Allaah has revealed, rather it is acting as a person’s deputy or representative in cases of dispute, which is a permissible kind of deputation or representation. But the lawyer must be careful and make sure of the case before getting involved in it. If it is a claim regarding some right that has been taken away in a wrong manner, then it is permissible for you to argue on his behalf to have his rights restored to him and the wrongdoing stopped. This comes under the heading of cooperating in righteousness and piety. But if the case involves taking away people’s rights and transgressing against them, then it is not permissible for you to act as his representative, because that comes under the heading of cooperating in sin and transgression. Allaah has issued a warning to those who cooperate in this sin, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Help you one another in Al‑Birr and At‑Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is Severe in punishment”
[al-Maa'idah 5:2].

More @ http://islamqa.com/en/ref/75613

جوري
06-04-2010, 08:48 PM
:welcome: aboard looking for hope..
hope this thread sheds some light for you?

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...-apostasy.html

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Looking 4 Hope
06-05-2010, 05:57 AM
Are Muslim men required to wear a kufi cap?

peaceandlove
06-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Sister i donot have much knowlege but I will try to answer you ot the best of knowlege Allah has given to you.

1. Why does the koran say punish people that leave islam.

Sister , form you post its seem that you are from american and a lawery , what i know in many coutnries (i think america included) if someone want to leave army they are not allowed for that so did you ever ask them why did you donot allow them to leave , with your will? (sorry if i am wrong and if my knowlege is incorrect.)

Secondly , tell me why did you punish a robber or killler , becuase they are doing wrong act , similary person not following the commandment of Allah doing wrong act , so we should punish him to bring him to the right path.

If some body broke your law(american law) you want to punish him but If somebody breakes the law of Allah , creater of the whole universe you donot want to punish him ? is int a double and wrong policy?

(in the above 'you' does not mean pointing you , (as i said you say) i mean it people who say this , i donot want to hert your feelings)

2. in islamic law is it ok if a Muslim is an American lawyer? I am so-pose to be going to law school soon.

Sister , well i am not an expert so cannot answer this , sorry.

- Qatada -
06-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi :)

I think you'll find these links beneficial;

http://islamreligion.com

http://muslimconverts.com

Just read more about it, and you'll get a basic understanding of what Islam really is.

In regard to your question about being a lawyer, the answer is below;

The fundamental work of the lawyer is to be a proxy acting to secure the right of the one who appointed him and protect him from any oppression. Therefore, if the lawyer abides by the truth and does not violate Islamic Law, then his work is lawful and he may even be rewarded for it if he intends to do right, even in a non-Muslim country. On the other hand, if the lawyer intends to deny people their rights and support evil, then his work is forbidden and his revenue is illegal even if he is working in the Islamic courts of a Muslim country. And Allah knows best.

http://islamtoday.com/node/1062

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!