/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Quran and law

Candle
06-02-2010, 08:02 PM
I was studying the Surah 'Jinn' which tells of a group of Jinn who hear the recitation of the Qur'an. Prior to the Muhammad's recitation, the Jinn could listen to the angels. After Muhammad's recitation, they could not.

Did the Qur'an instate law, or does it simply speak of law that is already in existence?

Was the Qur'an created or has it always existed?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
06-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum Candle,

Apologies for the delay in approving your thread. I've moved 2 of your threads to this section (Discover Islam) as we usually use this section for questions from non-Muslims about Islam.

Enjoy your stay here!

islamirama
06-04-2010, 09:22 PM
The jinns could go up to the lowest level of Jannah (Heaven) and hide there and listen to the daily plans of the Angels and what they had to do come to earth and do. They would come tell this to the soothsayers and that is why sometimes the soothsayers were right and sometimes wrong in "predicting" the future. The recitation of the Prophet (S) did not stop them, rather it was the coming of Islam that did. Allah with His infinite wisdom chose to put barrier between the jinns and the heaven at that time to prevent further eavesdropping. When we see a shooting star, these are asteroids or what not being thrown at the Jinns who do try to go up and eavesdrop.

Nothing always existed except Allah, everything else was created. I think Quran was written down in Heaven long before it came down to us. We have the Quran and also there is the original copy up in the heavens as well.

This all just top of my head, i'm sure others can post a more lengthy explanation.

Candle
06-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Thank you Muhammad, I received the messages. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Islam_1100
06-05-2010, 05:53 AM
i didn't understand wat do u mean in the first question ,but the quran is not created,coz create is for inventions ,and quran is the say Of Allah wich Jibrill pass it to our prophet SAW by Wahy' devised to keep guiding the muslims through their problems and show them their beneifts and goods and halal and harram,And quran exists from 1400 year,Allahu aalam(sorry for my bad english)

غزالی
06-10-2010, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Candle
I was studying the Surah 'Jinn' which tells of a group of Jinn who hear the recitation of the Qur'an. Prior to the Muhammad's recitation, the Jinn could listen to the angels. After Muhammad's recitation, they could not.

Did the Qur'an instate law, or does it simply speak of law that is already in existence ?

Was the Qur'an created or has it always existed ?
Quran is not the book of science but the book of signs. it has clear answer to all person. as a creator of the whole universe and every things, Allah (God) has mentioned about the things which are known to us and which we have not yet dicovered, describes the creation of universe, mankind and other things which the modern science now discovering.

Qur'an is the Speech (Words) of Allah.

Is Quran also Creation of Allah ?

On this Topic Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal was tortured during his time. He was given even lashes.
Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.
Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal (may Allah have mercy on him) was imprisoned and exposed to severe torture upon the breakout of the trial of "the creation of the Qur'an". Some of those whose hearts and minds diverted from the True Path claimed that the Qur'an is not the Speech (Words) of Allah, rather a creation of Him, just as other creations.
They succeeded in getting access to the ruler at that time and introduced that fallacy to him. They did their level best to convince him of their allegation, to which he, unfortunately agreed.
When Imam Ahmad along with other scholars of our Salaf (righteous predecessors) took firm stance and opposed that trial (allegation), they were imprisoned and mercilessly tormented. Some of them succumbed under coercion, while some others used double entendre (equivocation) to evade that critical situation.
Imam Ahmad stood firmly and proclaimed clearly and out loud the falsity of that allegation. For this brave opposition, he was exposed to unbearable torture until ultimately Allah, the Exalted, granted him triumph and made right to prevail and wrong to vanish. He defiantly and bravely stood in the face of that trial thanks to Allah then to his advanced level of Islamic knowledge.
He, Imam Ahmad , went on as a role model for his followers in his commitment to the approach of the Prophet's companions in the matter of belief. For more details about this story, one may refer to some biographical and history books such as: Ibn Katheer 's "Al-Bidayah Wan-Nihayah" [the beginning and the end] and Ath-Thahabi 's 'Siar A'laam An-Nubalaa' [biographies of noble figures] and others.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!