/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What nations would the Caliphate include?

Supreme
06-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Hello;

From my time on this forum, I've discovered that the overwhelming majority of Muslims are in support of pan-Islamism- that is, a unified state or 'Caliphate' that encompasses many Muslim majority nations. However, my questions are:

-What nations would be included in this hypothetical state? You don't have to list them all, if you think all of them, then say so.
-Taking into account the high chance that such a Caliphate would be Sunni dominated, would the Shia majorities in Iraq and Iran be able to practise their faith in the same freedom that Sunni Muslims would by the state?
-What would be the fate of minority, non-Islamic, religions? For example, in Syria, Palestine, Egypt and Lebanon, Christians constitute a subastantial and large minority. Would these Christians be able to carry on practising their faith with the guaranteed sancitity of churches, or would the state largely restrict their religious activities, like the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia does?
-Would this Caliphate put a lot of emphasis on the military aspect on things? Would it develop nuclear warheads, perhaps? Would it try and become a major global power and rival China, America and Russia?
-Would it pursue environmental policies that would benefit the global community?
-What would be the rights of women? Would they be able to be employed, or drive cars, for example?
-How would the ruler/Caliph or government come to power? Would they be elected, or would it be a system where one is born into power?

As usual, I'm not interested in what the scholars say or what other people think- I'm after your personal opinions exclusively, or else there is little point to this thread.

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
06-03-2010, 06:39 PM
personally right now I wouldn't mind if there was only one nation in the whole caliphate as long as that state adhered completely to islamic law and stood loyal to Allah

Yusuf Saeed
06-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi there!

Due to the lack of knowledge I can't address all the questions but I will try to give my answers to some.

-Regarding the nations, then ideally yes, all nations would be included in the Caliphate.
-Christians and Jews would be permitted to go on with their own religious activities, churches and synagogues must be allowed to go on with their business as well. Coptic Christians in Egypt are actually a good example of how the caliphate treated the Christians and allowed them to practise their faith. Also, when the second Caliph Omar took back Jerusalem, Patriarch Sophronius invited him to pray in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. But Omar refused so as not to set a precedent and thereby endanger the church's status as a Christian site. In the Caliphate Christians and Jews would be allowed to keep their places of worships, however, they wouldn't be allowed to build any new churches or synagogues and engage in calling people publicly to their faith.
-I believe that the Caliphate would have a moderate army in order to protect itself but as far as I know a real Islamic Caliphate would not develop weapons of mass destructions which are forbidden in Islam as using them practically always results in deaths of innocent non-combatants.
-Surely in the Caliphate a lot of emphasis would be put on the environmental issues. Animals, plants and natural resources would be protected and used for the benefit of all and only as little as necessary.
-The rights of women would be similar to what rights Islam has given them. To name some, they would have the right for their own property, inheritance, right to choose a man whom they themselves want to marry etc. I believe they would be allowed to work as Islam doesn't prohibit it, neither does Islam prohibit driving. In fact the Prophet Muhammad (:saws:) has said: "The best of Qurayshi women are those who ride camels." In the nowadays world this hadith can easily be applied to the driving as well so I do not see why the Caliphate would forbid driving for women.

I hope these answers are of some help. :)

aadil77
06-03-2010, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Hello;

From my time on this forum, I've discovered that the overwhelming majority of Muslims are in support of pan-Islamism- that is, a unified state or 'Caliphate' that encompasses many Muslim majority nations. However, my questions are:

-What nations would be included in this hypothetical state? You don't have to list them all, if you think all of them, then say so. All the countries meant to muslim countries
-Taking into account the high chance that such a Caliphate would be Sunni dominated, would the Shia majorities in Iraq and Iran be able to practise their faith in the same freedom that Sunni Muslims would by the state? no shiism would probably be forced underground
-What would be the fate of minority, non-Islamic, religions? For example, in Syria, Palestine, Egypt and Lebanon, Christians constitute a subastantial and large minority. Would these Christians be able to carry on practising their faith with the guaranteed sancitity of churches, or would the state largely restrict their religious activities, like the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia does? existing places of worship are meant to be untouched, but not sure about about how openly they would be allowed to practise
-Would this Caliphate put a lot of emphasis on the military aspect on things? Would it develop nuclear warheads, perhaps? Would it try and become a major global power and rival China, America and Russia? thing is with nukes is they're indescriminate and cause a hell of a lot of destruction to the environment, so I doubt they would be allowed, but otherwise the military would be strengthend in all otherways
-Would it pursue environmental policies that would benefit the global community? I dunno but I don't think we'd stick our noses in other peopls affairs nd cause trouble, if you mean actual envirnment issues like pollution, then yh most probably as cleanliness is a big part of islam
-What would be the rights of women? Would they be able to be employed, or drive cars, for example? women can work, driving probably if theyre accompanied by a male
-How would the ruler/Caliph or government come to power? Would they be elected, or would it be a system where one is born into power? I dont know much about this

As usual, I'm not interested in what the scholars say or what other people think- I'm after your personal opinions exclusively, or else there is little point to this thread.

Thanks.
maybe members with knowledge of previous caliphates can add to this

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
06-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Hello;

-What nations would be included in this hypothetical state? You don't have to list them all, if you think all of them, then say so.
Any under current muslim rule.
-Taking into account the high chance that such a Caliphate would be Sunni dominated, would the Shia majorities in Iraq and Iran be able to practise their faith in the same freedom that Sunni Muslims would by the state?
Don't know.
-What would be the fate of minority, non-Islamic, religions? For example, in Syria, Palestine, Egypt and Lebanon, Christians constitute a subastantial and large minority. Would these Christians be able to carry on practising their faith with the guaranteed sancitity of churches, or would the state largely restrict their religious activities, like the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia does?
It would be the FORMER
-Would this Caliphate put a lot of emphasis on the military aspect on things? Would it develop nuclear warheads, perhaps? Would it try and become a major global power and rival China, America and Russia?
Military I'm not sure because technically speaking the usage of bombs and warheads actually violate islamic law in relation to the environment and crops etc. But, that doesn't stop say nuclear power stations for instance.
-Would it pursue environmental policies that would benefit the global community?
Yes. Ethics and environment go hand in hand with Sharia principles anyway, so this would be a given.
-What would be the rights of women? Would they be able to be employed, or drive cars, for example?
Yes.
-How would the ruler/Caliph or government come to power? Would they be elected, or would it be a system where one is born into power?
Elected.

Thanks.
Thing is, to get a meaningful response you'd want to seek out answers from scholars or imaams.
Edit: if I have said anything wrong, then forgive me.

IslamicRevival
06-03-2010, 07:38 PM
-What nations would be included in this hypothetical state?
Right now, Pakistan and Turkey would be suitable to kick-start the establishment of the caliphate, The rest will follow InshAllah

Of course, the whole point of the khilafah is to unite as ONE UMMAH/NATION, obviously there will be differences but at the end of the day, the shia/sunni 's are set in their ways and i don't see why they would not be allowed to practice their way.

Yes, everyone has the right to practice their faith, there is no compulsion in Islam so i would presume everyone would live side by side in peace and harmony

We have the most powerful, the most high Allah SWT on our side and that's all we need to succeed, Without a shadow of a doubt we will become a major global power one day InshAllah and when that day comes, only then will there be justice, peace and harmony in this world

Yes, but we can only do so much as what happens to the earth is out of our control as its in the hands of Allah SWT

Women are allowed to have jobs as long its in the right environment, Nothing prohibits them from earning a livelihood as far as I'm aware. The Muslim women in Islam are precious, they are the backbone of the ummah and of course they will have rights to do what they will as long as their actions are compliant with shariah law. Same goes for the brothers

I cant see the Khilafah coming anytime soon as no ordinary human being, in this day and age has the capability to do so, We are scattered like moths at present and i have no doubt our ruler will be born, and that will be Imam Mahdi, InshAllah

May Allah SWT Hasten the establishment of the Khilafah. Ameen, Thumma Ameen

aadil77
06-04-2010, 10:06 AM
^I can't imagine pakistan or turkey giving a dam about an islamic state, they've been fighting shariah law for years, why would they all of a sudden turn to islam?

Afghanistan is the only country that could realisticly bring about a islamic state

Supreme
06-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Thank you all for your answers, they have been helpful.

Masuma
06-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Hello;

Peace there, brother Supreme.
I don't know which nations but my Pakistan and Saudi Arabia should definitely be there! :D

Of course! Infact they would have more safety and freedom of practicing their own religion in an Islamic state then they have in your America, UK and the other wetern and some Asian countires!

Again answer is yes, of course! They would have all the right in the world to practice their religion and would have more safety when they would be under an Islamic Caliphate. In an Islamic state, demolishing Churches and Hindu Mandars, and on their place errecting a mosque is forbidden in Islam. In an Islamic Calipahte, we all would live in Peace and tranquility and would love and respect each other. No one would oppress the weak. Yeaaaaaay! :statisfie

The Caliphate would obviously try to pay lot of emphasis on military aspects because if it won’t, then it would doom simply as America, Russia etc would try their best to achieve their lost status and to get rid of the enemies in their “famous way”. But the military forces would be there mainly for the defense purpose. And the establishment of Caliphate seems to be not so near. I think we Muslims will have it when Hazarat Imam Mahdi would come. But Allah knows best!
This Caliphate would remain constantly in danger from the non and disbelievers. They would try everything in their hand to bring it down. And so for this purpose, we would require a very strong military force. And other forces like police etc are always there in every state to maintain peace and keep the evil out.
I don’t think it would “try” at all to be a global power but it would just be!” :D Allah promises Muslims that if we strongly adhere to His religion, we are bound to be victorious! A real Islamic Caliphate would be a no match for any other power of the world! :D
An Islamic Caliphate’s one of the main and most important focal point would be Dawah (calling people to the way of Allah). This is a must for the Caliphate, a duty which must be met if people want to go to Jannah otherwise, every Muslim in the Caliphate would earn an equal share in sin if Dawah would not be carried out by the Caliphate.

Yes, it would try its best to ensure a better living for the people. And do you know brother, Allah has made cleanliness as half faith! SubhanAllah! :statisfie

[QUOTE=Supreme;1334604]-What would be the rights of women? Would they be able to be employed, or drive cars, for example?[?QUOTE]
Here is a best lecture on Women's Rights in Islam.

The rights of women are only protected in my Islam. Women would be able to do just anything as long as it doesn’t go against the Islamic Shariah. Islam doesn’t allow intermingling of opposite sexes so if the job they are doing involves it, then it would be forbidden. But if they have a separate environment, then they can do job as long as it doesn’t go against Allah’s commandments. About driving cars, I don’t know because in Saudi Arabia, they don’t allow women to drive cars but again Saudi Arabia is not at all a true Islamic State. Women can go anywhere they like but with “mahrams” (those male members of the family whom they can’t marry e.g. father, brother, son etc). So I think same applies to driving cars as women should not go alone to any place unless accompanied by a mahram. But I still don’t think this gives the answer to the question.:(

Is that a trick question? :( Well both of them can be right. I mean Hazrat Imam Mahdi, our leader would be born. (But it’s not like a ruler can carryout as much autocracy and injustice as possible and still would remain on seat just because he was born to be a ruler!) Hazart Imam Mahdi would be the most just ruler of his time because his personality, as described in Sahih Bukhari, matches with that of Holy Prophet (s.a.w). :wub:
Now about the other rulers, they would be elected. You know even the first four Caliphs of Islam were also elected. After Prophet Muhammd (s.a.w), Mulsims unanimously agreed to make Hazrat Abu Bakr as the first Caliph of Islam. Then Hazrat Abu Bakr, nominated some companions of the Prophet and people chose among them their next Caliph. There was a system of casting votes in that Islamic era, known as the “Bait system”. People would place their hand on the hand of the nominated person and would say that “I accept you as a Caliph”. And for the very first time in the history of mankind, women were allowed to vote! Muslimahs also voted for their Caliph. This right of voting which west so much boasts about, was only given to women recently whereas Islam gave this right to women 1300 years ago!!!

Peace

Masuma
06-04-2010, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
^I can't imagine pakistan or turkey giving a dam about an islamic state,
Well maybe you are right here brother, :( but I don’t think that it is must. We don’t know whom Allah will entrust Caliphate to. So I don’t know anything for sure which will happen in future. We can only guess. And yes I do see that Pakistan doesn’t care or try to be an Islamic state. But you know one thing; we Muslims here are badly suffering due to this negligence! Dictator after dictator appears and people here are dying of poverty. So I think that there is a growing desire among the general public to make Pakistan a true Islamic State. People are now finally realizing that only Islam is the solution to their problems and many people are trying in this regard too. But their attempts are not on a wider scale and so it’ll take time. But who knows what will happen in future!

Afghanistan is the only country that could realisticly bring about a islamic state
And that’s what you say and believe. I don’t! I think Afghanistan is a country totally in tatters and could not stand on its feet again for about two to three centuries due to the utter destruction which America brought there. But again Allah knows best!

CosmicPathos
06-04-2010, 12:14 PM
@ aadil: in Pakistan, sadly, the educated elite get to play with the cosntitution. Most affluent people in Pakistan are not religious anyways. So that's why they try to remove the islamic injunctions from constitution. But majority of people would like to see Sharia. Only if we could do away with passive sufism, shiism, and MQM.

aadil77
06-04-2010, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
@ aadil: in Pakistan, sadly, the educated elite get to play with the cosntitution. Most affluent people in Pakistan are not religious anyways. So that's why they try to remove the islamic injunctions from constitution. But majority of people would like to see Sharia. Only if we could do away with passive sufism, shiism, and MQM.
yh its sad pakistan does not live up to its name 'The Islamic Republic of Pakistan' LOL that name is an insult to islam

aadil77
06-04-2010, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Oh yeah? :mad: Well I would definitely answer to this next time. Hnnnh!

Whaaaat?! Are you serious?
Sis ignore your nationalism and think about the govt of pakistan and how many times they've betrayed the muslims and islam, btw im pakistani

Afghanistan IS the only realistic hope of an islamic state, the taliban have done it before and InshAllah when foreign invading forces get driven out they'll do it again

Supreme
06-04-2010, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Peace there, brother Supreme.
I don't know which nations but my Pakistan and Saudi Arabia should definitely be there! :D

Of course! Infact they would have more safety and freedom of practicing their own religion in an Islamic state then they have in your America, UK and the other wetern and some Asian countires!

Again answer is yes, of course! They would have all the right in the world to practice their religion and would have more safety when they would be under an Islamic Caliphate. In an Islamic state, demolishing Churches and Hindu Mandars, and on their place errecting a mosque is forbidden in Islam. In an Islamic Calipahte, we all would live in Peace and tranquility and would love and respect each other. No one would oppress the weak. Yeaaaaaay! :statisfie

And brother, I would answer the rest of questions later or maybe edit my post to offer more points, but now gotta go. See you all next time. InshAllah!

Peace
This answer is my favourite so far. Thank you, sister.

IslamicRevival
06-04-2010, 03:36 PM
^I can't imagine pakistan or turkey giving a dam about an islamic state, they've been fighting shariah law for years, why would they all of a sudden turn to islam?

Why would Afghanistan suddenly turn to Islam? You honestly think Afghanistan, a country which is in tatters would bring about an Islamic state? There is light at the end of the tunnel for Pakistan and Turkey at least , They are two strong countries militarily wise and have potential. Pakistan is a gold mine as is Turkey, its just us Muslims not utilising what we are given.

The Zionists are well ahead of us at present, if we had an ounce of their capability, Pakistan would be one of the worlds major powers, They are to some extent even now but Pakistan could be so much more

aadil77
06-04-2010, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Why would Afghanistan suddenly turn to Islam? You honestly think Afghanistan, a country which is in tatters would bring about an Islamic state? There is light at the end of the tunnel for Pakistan and Turkey at least , They are two strong countries militarily wise and have potential. Pakistan is a gold mine as is Turkey, its just us Muslims not utilising what we are given.

The Zionists are well ahead of us at present, if we had an ounce of their capability, Pakistan would be one of the worlds major powers, They are to some extent even now but Pakistan could be so much more
Suddenly turn to islam? Have they not been ruled by shariah law for some time now? Have the afghans not been fighting for shariah for centuries now? They're still doing so. To be honest pakistan is in more tatters than afghanistan, they're far from islam and look how the country is being punished.

Brother you're thinking about it the wrong way, items of dunya do not form an islamic state. You're worrying about military, power and other advancement, this is all dunya none of this important if there is no shariah law in place to begin with.

The taliban had none of this but look at how Allah has provided for them and strengthened them. America and NATO have all the military might and economic power in the world but they can't even get rid of a few fighters who are killing them from afghan mountains. All Power is from Allah. Wealth and power will come when muslims realise that its Allah's laws that are important, not chasing dunya and having good terms with kaffirs states.

Becoming a 'major power' is what kaffirs worry about, in islam having a islamic state is the biggest victory and major power, wealth and military power is irrelevent when have the greates power - Allah - on your side

Abdul-Raouf
06-04-2010, 04:59 PM

Yes..... Pakistan is not worth to be called as "Islamic state" .......... Jus call it as a muslim majority country that would be enough.

marwen
06-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Many others may not agree with me, and you can call me insane, but I predict that the Caliphate will emerge from Palestine at the same second it becomes independent. I see that the only people ready to rule muslims are the palestinians.

IslamicRevival
06-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Suddenly turn to islam? Have they not been ruled by shariah law for some time now? Have the afghans not been fighting for shariah for centuries now? They're still doing so. To be honest pakistan is in more tatters than afghanistan, they're far from islam and look how the country is being punished.

Brother you're thinking about it the wrong way, items of dunya do not form an islamic state. You're worrying about military, power and other advancement, this is all dunya none of this important if there is no shariah law in place to begin with.

The taliban had none of this but look at how Allah has provided for them and strengthened them. America and NATO have all the military might and economic power in the world but they can't even get rid of a few fighters who are killing them from afghan mountains. All Power is from Allah. Wealth and power will come when muslims realise that its Allah's laws that are important, not chasing dunya and having good terms with kaffirs states.

Becoming a 'major power' is what kaffirs worry about, in islam having a islamic state is the biggest victory and major power, wealth and military power is irrelevent when have the greates power - Allah - on your side
You cant say either one of them is worse the the other, their both in tatters and are far away from Islam. The Taliban arent exactly sticking to the right path with the suicide bombings and killing of innocents in market places are they?

Brother you're thinking about it the wrong way, items of dunya do not form an islamic state. You're worrying about military, power and other advancemen
No, I'm not...Read what i said a few posts back

>
We have the most powerful, the most high Allah SWT on our side and that's all we need to succeed, Without a shadow of a doubt we will become a major global power one day InshAllah and when that day comes, only then will there be justice, peace and harmony in this world

IslamicRevival
06-04-2010, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Yes..... Pakistan is not worth to be called as "Islamic state" .......... Jus call it as a muslim majority country that would be enough.
Excellent. Bang on the money

aadil77
06-04-2010, 06:01 PM
You cant say either one of them is worse the the other, their both in tatters and are far away from Islam. The Taliban arent exactly sticking to the right path with the suicide bombings and killing of innocents in market places are they?
No, I'm not...Read what i said a few posts back

> [I]
Bro just to let you know im pakistani if you are too please ignore any nationalism you have in your heart and look at the facts, pakistani traitor govt allied with kaffir terrorist states vs taliban govt ruling by shariah, there is a big difference. I don't want to attack pakistan rather show you the difference and how unislamic they really are. War tactics that the taliban use have a difference of opinion amongst scholars, they do not target innocents, why would they? they're fighting for those same people it would be stupid to target the people you're fighting for + unislamic

And please do not accuse Allah of supporting an unislamic puppet regime, that rules by democracy instead Allahs laws, kills its own muslims, sells its own civilians as prisoners, allows all kinds of filth to be sold in shops and shown on tv, allies with terrorist states that are at war with muslims, etc etc

I wish pakistan was the 'islamic republic' its meant to be, I really do - they have the potential, but the facts are it is far from islam and Allahs blessings. There was a time when pakistan was becoming close to islam, that was when Muhammad Zia-Ul-Haq was around, may Allah bless him, he was implementing islam in the country, he supported the taliban when the russians invaded, this was all until he was assassinated in that plane crash. Look at the state of pakistan now they wouldn't dare support the taliban againt the american invasion.

IslamicRevival
06-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Do you honestly believe the Taliban are capable of forming a government and implementing Shariah law in Pakistan? The same Taliban which blew up hundreds of girls schools around Pakistan? They themselves go against Islamic law so how can you expect these people with their warped ideology to lead a whole country?

The Pakistani government were wrong to involve the US in the fight against the Taliban...but maybe Pakistan should have worked something out on the table instead of going out all guns blazing

And please do not accuse Allah of supporting an unislamic puppet regime, that rules by democracy instead Allahs laws, kills its own muslims, sells its own civilians as prisoners, allows all kinds of filth to be sold in shops and shown on tv, allies with terrorist states that are at war with muslims, etc etc
Whats this all about? What a bizarre comment and a dangerous accusation to make!

I would like Pakistan to be under shariah law BUT not with the taliban at the helm. InshAllah it will happen once we get that fraud of a prime minister out of power and we have someone who has integrity elected

aadil77
06-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Do you honestly believe the Taliban are capable of forming a government and implementing Shariah law in Pakistan? The same Taliban which blew up hundreds of girls schools around Pakistan? They themselves go against Islamic law so how can you expect these people with their warped ideology to lead a whole country?

Are pak taliban and afghan taliban the same? The afghan taliban have differentiated themselves from the pak taliban

But do you seriously beleive the pak taliban are behind all the bombings on schools and mosques etc?

I can give you proof that they have denied such unislamic acts, they themsleves have said its due to the huge presence of the blackwater terrorist group, please think about these things before assuming the worst of fellow muslims

The Pakistani government were wrong to involve the US in the fight against the Taliban...but maybe Pakistan should have worked something out on the table instead of going out all guns blazing

They did the same in lal masjid, they're just as bad as the US

Whats this all about? What a bizarre comment and a dangerous accusation to make!

Prove anything wrong with my 'accusation

I would like Pakistan to be under shariah law BUT not with the taliban at the helm. InshAllah it will happen once we get that fraud of a prime minister out of power and we have someone who has integrity elected

InshAllah but you probably also know that democratic law will also have to go
You said:

We have the most powerful, the most high Allah SWT on our side
I hope you didn't mean on the side of the current pakistan government?

Supreme
06-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Please don't derail this discussion on whether the Taliban are righteous soldiers of God or evil, murderous thugs with a hidden agenda- keep to the topic at hand.

Candle
06-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Ideally, the Caliphate would extend from Tunisia, through Libya, Egypt, the middle East, the Arabian peninsula, through the Iraq (includes Iraq, Iran, Turkmenistan) to the top of the Caspian and the borders of China. Historically, that is the strength of the caliphate. The Berbers and Moroccans claimed an independent caliphate, so I dunno about them.. *chin scratch*

The historic Caliphate, especially the Abbasids, were tolerant of of Shi'ite sectarianism who labeled themselves the "pious opposition". But after the Abu-Muslim revolt, the Shi'ites were left to sort of sit on their hands in the Iraq. I don't think a modern day caliphate could placate them the way they used to. They've gained too much independence in Iran.. Any modern day Caliphate would just have to write off Iran. Not even Selim I the Stern could rid the Iran of Shi'ism.

Small sectarian Jewish and Christian groups would most likely be outlawed. The large orthodox institutions would probably be left intact but taxed nonetheless.

Caliphates have always been military oriented, from the Syrian garrisons to the Egyptian Mamluks and the European janissary corps. They've also always been plagued by rebel groups. I predict a substantial military force. Probably conscription.
I'm sure that women, as all members of the Caliphate, would follow sharia law. I don't think it would be wahhabi though. Large Islamic empires have always adopted Hanafi or other, lighter systems of law which are easier to enforce. But who knows?

I think Caliphs would be regional. Even if there was only one Caliph, the real power would lie in regional government, ie. one ruler for Africa, one for the Jazirat al arab, another for the Iraq. Establishment of rulers would be regionally specific as well. Re-establishment of the Vizierate could keep them all on the same page.

That's my perspective from studying Islamic civ, which is fascinatin.

IslamicRevival
06-04-2010, 10:12 PM
I hope you didn't mean on the side of the current pakistan government?
:hmm:

I was answering this ^ question , Nothing to do with Pakistan whatsoever. :hmm: Allah SWT is on our IE The MUSLIMS side and that's all we need.

Are pak taliban and afghan taliban the same? The afghan taliban have differentiated themselves from the pak taliban
I would have though they will have their differences but not major ones. Allah Azzawajal Knows best

But do you seriously beleive the pak taliban are behind all the bombings on schools and mosques etc?

I can give you proof that they have denied such unislamic acts, they themsleves have said its due to the huge presence of the blackwater terrorist group, please think about these things before assuming the worst of fellow muslims
I do believe they are partly responsible. I'm not being cynical at all. These people think Jihad is walking onto a plane and blowing yourself to pieces! This is not what Islam teaches.

Prove anything wrong with my 'accusation
What the hell you talkin about man? I didnt get what you meant the first tme and now you're comin gout with this drivel? You've got the end of the stick and you accused me of something which you should not have done and its not a light matter!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!