/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help with Computer network card please

MIL0
06-04-2010, 10:56 PM
hey guys, do i need a network card to access wifi?

i'm thinking of buying this computer :
HTML Code:
http://www.acer.ca/acer/seu30e.do?kcond61e.c2att101=78578&LanguageISOCtxPa ram=en&link=ln400e&CountryISOCtxParam=CA&acond125e =78578&sp=page18e&ctx1g.c2att92=476&ctx2.c2att1=27 &ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=3240656206
futher information ::
I have a modem that is attached to an old computer, and my parents are buying me the one above. But before they buy it for me, i wish to know if my wireless modem can access the one above WITHOUT a network card because the one above doesn't have a network card with wifi enabled, it just has ethernet enabled.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Vito
06-05-2010, 03:56 AM
That one does not support a wireless connection out of the box. You'd have to buy a wireless adapter. Are you using a wireless connection now? If so, you could probably just use the adapter from this computer if it isn't built in.

MIL0
06-05-2010, 04:01 AM
the current computer is using an ethernet cable directly to the modem. 2 other laptops are using wirelss conenction to the modem aswell. but the new Desktop computer won't be close enough to connect with an ethernet cable so i need wireless on it.

Vito
06-05-2010, 04:27 AM
Ah. Unfortunately that one doesn't support a wireless connection. I'm actually shocked because I thought that was pretty standard with most new computers now. You could probably use one of your laptops with your new computer but that would just be a pain. Your best bet would be to find an adapter that is compatible with your network.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MIL0
06-05-2010, 04:31 PM
thanks alot bro!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!