/* */

PDA

View Full Version : iPad / Tablet PC?

Beardo
06-05-2010, 05:46 PM
I was considering an iPad... Still am, for that matter. I went to check it out at Best Buy but it wasn't all that great. Plus, it's SO expensive!

Do you guys have any ideas for Tablet PC? Or maybe someone can offer an opinion regarding iPads, Tablet PCs, etc? Show me links! I need something fast, accessible, easy to write on, etc.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
06-05-2010, 06:15 PM
I need something fast, accessible, easy to write on, etc.
You can get a paper notebook pretty cheap these days :p

Far7an
06-05-2010, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
You can get a paper notebook pretty cheap these days :p
They come in nice colours too and it'll never crash!

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Don't buy it trust me!
Its rubbish and useless gadget.

Pen and a paper is the best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
06-06-2010, 01:09 AM
>_< Are you guys on my parents' influence or somefink?

Forget you guys man.

*mumbles* paper, pen... hmph...

Candle
06-06-2010, 04:04 AM
Fountain pens are really nice? I bought one today to work on my caligraphy.

But foreal, don't buy the iPad. It's hard to type on for long periods of time. You can't do multiple things at once (ie. listen to music while web surfing). It doesn't support flash, so you'll be forced to pay for things through iTunes. What is it for anyways? School?

If you already have a desktop, I recommend netbooks. They're super small, portable, easy to type on. If you need a standalone device, get a macbook. They're just sweet all around. : )

أحمد
08-21-2010, 04:30 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
They come in nice colours too and it'll never crash!
They don't crash, but they do rip and take up much more space than an electronic Tablet PC.

I recommend a Tablet PC, NOT an iPad; there are less limits in user capability on a Tablet PC compared to an iPad, for me that counts as top priority.

:wa:

Beardo
09-03-2010, 03:14 AM
You guys are such a big help. Thanks guys.

My history professor... He had a yellow stickie pad on his desk. So he said "Oh, lemme note this down on my iPad..."

And today his stickie fell on the ground, and he says "...there goes my ipad..."

xP

Life_Is_Short
09-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Ah, here is the thread.

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
What's your mother's opinion on it?

Dude, it's not just a bigger version of the iPod. There's more to it. You can actually use it for notes and writing, etc. The Pages feature on the iPad an serve useful. Especially at my school, it'll be perfect for my needs. *continues to console myself and my decision*
I warned her.:( She got influenced by her work colleagues and constant TV ads. My mums opinions don't matter. She once bought a hand held PC. She now uses that as a GPS. May Allah SWT bless her. lol

She mainly uses the Ipad for banking, accessing online material and presentations. She finds the presentation app on Ipad easier to use than MS ppt software but then again my mum is computer illiterate. She does not know how to add a new slide on MS ppt soft. Even then Ipad does not fulfil all her needs. She has to fulfil her word and excel needs on a standard computer. This is because like everyone she is not prepaid to learn a whole new way of using spreadsheet and word.
The Ipad apps keynote, Numbers and Pages does not provide it’s users with all the MS word, excel or presentation features. I take it you’re a student, in which case you’ll most probably need all the features you can get.

I'll tell you what Ipad is good for.
Ipad is good for watching DVD quality youtube videos (you’ll need a super fast internet connection), playing arcade style games and browsing the internet but then again so is your computer. Oh and did i mention all the good apps on Ipad cost you moneeyyy?. This has money making scheme written all over it.

Buy a notebook laptop or better still hold onto that Ipod.

Beardo
09-10-2010, 04:16 PM
^ *pretends not to read the post above*

But no, really. I feel on many occasions it might serve useful since it loads faster etc. With your duas, inshallah I'll be buying one today or tomorrow. I found a good deal, such that I can resell it for the same price, if not more insha-Allah!

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-10-2010, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I found a good deal, such that I can resell it for the same price, if not more insha-Allah!
^o) Dude, you must be joking.:X

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!