/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reward of the Righteous Deed in this Life & in the Hereafter

Hamza Asadullah
06-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Reward of the Righteous Deed in this Life & in the Hereafter

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

(Friday speech delivered by Imam Mohamed Baianonie at the Islamic Center or Raleigh, NC on July 7, 2000)

Allah (S.W.T) said in surat An-Nahl, (Verse 97), what can be translated as, "Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer, verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world) with respect, and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do."

Imam Ibn Katheer says: "In this great verse, there is a promise from Allah (S.W.T.) – and He does not break his promise - for everyone, man or woman, who does a good deed and whose heart is believing in Allah and His Messenger. Allah (S.W.T.) promises to give good life for such a person in this life as a quick reward for the righteous deed. Allah (S.W.T.) also promises to give more rewards to this person in the Hereafter.

The good life in this life as promised by Allah (S.W.T.) comprises all aspects of comfort including Halal Rizq, self-satisfaction, happiness, and contentment. The prophet (S.A.W.) says: "He Who submitted himself to Allah (S.W.T.), and is provided enough sustenance, and Allah (S.W.T.) made him content with what He gave him, he indeed succeeded." {Authentic Hadith reported by Imams At-Trmithi and Ahmad}.

And also Imam Muslim reported that, the prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) said :" Allah does not deal unjustly with a believer about a good deed because he is given blessings for it in the Hereafter; but the disbeliever is given in the world the reward for good deeds, he has performed and when he comes to the Hereafter, there is no good deed for which he can be rewarded."

What are the righteous deeds?

"The righteous deeds include every thing that Allah (S.W.T.) loves and accepts from sayings and the physical acts; the hidden (acts by heart) and the openly (acts by limbs).

The acts by heart include the love for Allah and His messenger, fear of Allah, asking Him for forgiveness, Having sincerity to Him alone in deen, being patient, thanking for His blessings, accepting His judgment, depending on Him, hoping for His mercy, fear of His punishment, and all things of this nature are the righteousness."

The acts by limbs include saying "La Elaha Ellalaah Muhamadun Raswolullah", prayers, zakah, fasting, hajj, straight talk, loyalty (returning someone’s possessions to them), kindness with parents, having good accord with relatives, keeping promises and treaties, enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil, Jihad in the cause of Allah, learning, teaching, kindness with the neighbor, with the orphan, with the poor, with the wayfarer, with the animals, supplication, remembering Allah and reciting Qur’an."

What are the necessary conditions for the righteous deeds to be accepted?

Every righteous deed must meet two conditions to be accepted by Allah (S.W.T.):

The first is sincerity. This is achieved when the righteous is for the sake of Allah (S.W.T.) alone.

The second is following the prophet (S.A.W.). This is achieved when the righteous deeds are done exactly as prescribed by the prophet (S.A.W.). If these two conditions are met, the righteous deed will be accepted by Allah (S.W.T.). In this case, the doer of righteous deeds will deserve the reward in this life and in the Hereafter as promised by Allah (S.W.T.).

The immediate reward in this life can be manifested in the following:

The guidance and coming out of the darkness of (Falsehood) into the light of (Truth). Allah (S.W.T) said in surat Yunus, (Verse 9), what can be translated as, "Verily, those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, their Lord will guide them by their faith…"

And also Allah (S.W.T) said in surat At-Talaq, (Verse 11), what can be translated as, "…that He may take out, those who believe and do righteous good deed from the darkness to the light…"

Love for them from Allah (S.W.T.) and in the hearts of the believers Allah (S.W.T) said in surat Maryam, (Verse 96), what can be translated as, " Verily, those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, the Most Beneficent will bestow love for them (in the hearts of the believers)."

And also Imams Bukhari and Muslim reported that, the prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) said: "If Allah love person, He calls Jibriael (Gabriel) saying: Allah love so and so; O Jibriael love him. Jibriael would love him, and then Jibriael would make an announcement among the resident of the heavens, Allah loves so and so, therefore, you should love him also. So, all the resident of the heavens would love him and he is granted the pleasure of the people of the earth."

Wiping away their bad deeds. Allah (S.W.T) said in surat Al-Ankabut, (Verse 7), what can be translated as, " Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, surly, We shall remit from them their evil deeds and shall reward them according to the best of that which they used to do."

Allah’s protection and good care. In the Qudsi (Holy) Hadith, reported by Imams Bukhari and Muslim that, the prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) said: "Allah (S.W.T.) said:…My servant countess to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with he walks…"

And Also, Allah (S.W.T.) will protect the children of the good doers. The Qur’an has told us how Allah (S.W.T.) protected the treasure that was under the destroyed wall of two orphan villagers in the city because of their righteous parents. The renovation was from the duties of Al-Khudr and Mousa (S.A.W.). {Story in surat Al-Kahf}

Finding good ways and sustenance where they are not expected. Allah (S.W.T) said in surat At-Talaq, (Verses 2&3), what can be translated as, "…And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from sources he never could imagine."

And also Allah (S.W.T) said in surat At-Talaq, (Verse 4), what can be translated as, "… And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him."

Empowering them on earth and making them feel secure and at peace after fright and fear. Allah (S.W.T) said in surat An-Noor, (Verse 55), what can be translated as, "Allah has promised those among you who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, that He will certainly grant them succession to in the earth, as He granted it to those before them, and He will grant them the authority to practice their deen, that which He has chosen for them. And He will surly give them in exchange a safe security after their fear…"

The reward of righteous deed is also given in the Hereafter.

It is a great reward that no one knows its limit except Allah (S.W.T.). Many Qra'nic verses and authentic Ahadith declared that. The great reward is eternal bliss and happiness in Paradise: Allah (S.W.T) said in surat Al-Baqarh, (Verse 25), what can be translated as, "And give glad tidings to those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, that for them will be Paradises under which rivers flow…and they shall have therein purified wives, and they will abide therein forever."

And also Allah (S.W.T) said in surat Taha, (Verses 75 &76), what can be translated as, "But whoever come to Him as believer, and has done righteous good deeds, for such are the high ranks (in the Hereafter), and Paradise under which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever…"

So, we should all do good deeds and make sure that our good deeds meet all the necessary conditions to gain the acceptance of Allah (S.W.T.). This way, we get the reward in this life and in the Hereafter. We ask Allah (S.W.T.) to help us do what he loves and pleased with and that he accepts our good deeds and rewards us with his mercy and blessings.

Source: http://islam1.org/iar/imam/archives/..._hereafter.php

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Masuma
06-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Jazakamullahu Khair brother Hamza!

Brother, do you mind if I ask you one more question? :( I wanted to know that whether the punishment for a sin is also carried out in the above way? i.e. a person who has done zina, and is then stoned to death or lashed, does he/she also receive punishment in the hereafter seeing that he/she already received punishment in this world?

Masuma
06-12-2010, 05:47 PM
One more question pleeeeeeeease! :(
If a person who has done "Gunah-e-Kabeera", if he/she asks forgiveness of Allah, will they be forgiven and not punished in this world?

For example, if someone do a robbery or zina and then realizes his mistake and so asks forgiveness from Allah; would his hands still be cut or (would he still be stoned to death) or would he be forgiven and receive no punishment? I asked someone else about this and she said that how would the people know whether he has really repented or not and so he would still receive punishment.

So what is right in this case?

Hamza Asadullah
06-12-2010, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za

Brother, do you mind if I ask you one more question? :( I wanted to know that whether the punishment for a sin is also carried out in the above way? i.e. a person who has done zina, and is then stoned to death or lashed, does he/she also receive punishment in the hereafter seeing that he/she already received punishment in this world?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb jazakallah for your question sister as this matter is something we should all know about.

The following excerpt is taken from "Punishment in Islam: An Eye For An Eye?" , Al-Haramain Online Newsletter and gives a perfect explanation of the concept of punishment in shariah:

Punishment has always played an integral part in the concept of justice. We all know or at least expect that if you do something wrong you are subject to punishment in some way or another. This is only fair. Humankind is charged with the responsibility for the choices they make. This is because they are created with the freedom of choice and granted the moral sense of right and wrong. Accordingly, one is not to be punished for the actions of others, or for acts done under duress or because of insanity. All people are equal and innocent until proven guilty: only then punishment is considered.

Islam considers crime an act of injustice towards society, a sin against oneself and a transgression against Allah. Punishment is not atonement nor does it erase the sin. A sin is only forgiven through repentance. However, crime is an act of inflicting harm upon society that cannot be forgiven by repentance alone.

The object of all penal systems is to punish the offender and protect society from reoccurrence of the crime. Punishment serves as an educational purpose, as well as a form of crime deterrent and prevention and the system used must achieve this aim. However, if societies were to rely only upon their systems of punishment, they would fail miserably. An environment of healthy morality and faith must be the norm, where to do right is encouraged by all and to do wrong is discouraged and found difficult. In fact, encouraging right and forbidding wrong is a foremost duty in Islam.

Most penal systems in today's societies are based and dependent on the current social sentiment. In Islamic law, punishment is based upon divine revelation. There is no leeway for sentiment or possibility of change. These laws were established by the Creator who is Infinitely Wise and Merciful, Who knows the true affairs of the world better than humankind. To seek justice without recourse to divine help would be tragic, as all other sources of knowledge and theory are flawed by human imperfection.

Justice is the ruling spirit of Islamic law, which is known as the Shari`ah. One of the main reasons for which the Prophets (peace be upon them all) were sent were to guide mankind to justice.

In this connection, Allah, Most High, says, (We sent our messengers with clear signs and sent down with them the Book and the Balance so that men may conduct themselves with justice. ) (Al-Hadid 57: 25) and [O you who believe, be upholders of justice, witnessing for Allah alone. ) (An-Nisaa' 4: 135)

Changes in the world as well as the changing definition of concepts such as "civilized", "equality", "freedom", and "justice" have caused a critical light to shine upon Islamic laws. Such critics charge that the Shari`ah, in view of the changing world, is an outdated system of laws in need of amendment, replacement or abolishment. Views of this sort express rejection of divine guidance and even worse, rejection of the wisdom of our Lord who has put us on this earth with a purpose in life and a set of rules to live by and achieve that purpose. These rules are the ultimate criterion of justice and mercy and cannot nor need not be changed or measured against the changes and desires of society. To imply such is to imply imperfection in Allah as Lord and Master of the Universe.

There are basically three categories of punishments in Shari`ah:

The first is Hadd, which includes divinely prescribed forms of fixed punishment based upon the Qur'an and Sunnah. These are punishments set to preserve the public interest; they cannot be lightened nor made heavier, nor can the offender be pardoned. They instill a deep feeling of abhorrence in the society towards the crime for which the offender has been punished. Such crimes include drinking alcohol, armed robbery, theft, illicit sexual relations, apostasy, and slanderous accusations of promiscuity.

The second form is called Qisas, which is the punishment for homicide and assault. Whenever a person causes physical harm or death to another, the injured or family of the deceased has the right to retaliation. A unique aspect of Qisas, is that the victim's family has the option to insist upon the punishment, accept monetary recompense, or forgive the offender, which could even avert capital punishment. This leaves the door open to compassion and forgiveness. Settlements are therefore encouraged outside of court, as a judge must exact the punishment.

All other crimes fall into the third category, Ta`zir, which is a discretionary punishment decided by the court.

and Allah knows best in all matters

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
06-12-2010, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za

for punishment of zina(intercourse) there has to be witnesses for a punishment to be carried out so its not that easy as some muslims and non muslims believe it to be. if the punishment is not carried

out in the world then its up to Allah what he wants to do with the person however Allah can pardon that person if he wants because Allah looks into the heart of the person who is sincere and won't

commit that act again, it might be that he will pardon them if they ask for sincere forgiveness. our creator is so merciful. anything is possible but for a person who does not really care and does not ask for forgiveness and keeps committing the act, Allah will be sure to punish the person in the life of this world and the hereafter and Allah knows best.

dew of paradise
06-12-2010, 10:14 PM
zina is just nt intercourse only!there is a hadeeth"the zina of the eye is looking,the zina of tounge is speaking,the zina of hand is touching,zins of ear is listning,zina of foot is walking,the heart longs & wishes & private part confirms it"in Quran its mention"Verily the hearing & the sight & the heart of each of those ones will be questioned"Allah should save us

Masuma
06-12-2010, 10:24 PM
@ brother Hamza! Brother, thank you so much! :cry:

Masuma
06-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

My dearest brother Hamza,
I'm sort of really :sorry:sorry because yesterday I didn't actually read your post completely! :embarrass But now I've and have realized that the answer is just perfect! May Allah bless you so much! May Allah grant you Jannah!

umm... can i ask one more question? And I promise to try my best to first read the books you recommended and then ask you further questions. But this one is pestering me so much. I wanted to know that some people say that why for one sin like shirk (associating partners with God), Allah would make them burn in hell for forever? Why would Allah punish them for one sin for eternity? So what should I say? They say that you Muslims believe Allah to be so merciful then why would HE make one person burn in hell for whole eternity?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!