/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "Honey, we have no time for all of that. We aren't teenagers anymore. We're full-grow

- Qatada -
06-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Asalaam alaikum warahmatulah wabarakatuh

And what happens in our busy, stressful lives when one spouse tries to bring love and affection – a little romance – back into the picture? What is often the response?

"Honey, we have no time for all of that. We aren't teenagers anymore. We're full-grown adults."

As if love and affection have an expiration date! As if once we get too old, once we have children and responsibilities, there is no longer any time for such things.

The Qur'ân puts the lie to this idea. Allah says: "And from among His signs is that He created for you mates from among yourselves to take comfort with, and He placed between you love and mercy." [Sûrah al-Rûm: 30]

This verse shows us the enduring nature of the love that should exist between the husband and wife. When it speaks about love, it is not talking about those fleeting passions like we see in the movies, but about something substantial, something that is supposed to be woven into the very fabric of married life.

Ibn `Abbâs provides the following commentary on this verse: "A man has love for his wife and the "mercy" is the mercy he feels for her if ever she should face any misfortune. This love and mercy is not some fleeting sentiment. Rather it is the wellspring of enduring tenderness, kindness, and a good relationship."

Therefore, our busy lives, our maturity, our children, and all those other excuses that have become commonplace today to justify an affectionless married life – those excuses carry no weight. It is as our scholars of the past have said: "Society will remain upon goodness as long as they do not seek excuses for themselves."

http://islamtoday.com/artshow-419-3420.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lostconfusedsis
06-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Well said mashallah

Muslim Woman
07-27-2010, 02:50 AM
Salaam

nice post , thanks.

roohani.doctor
07-27-2010, 04:05 AM
"Society will remain upon goodness as long as they do not seek excuses for themselves."

Very true. Thanks for this. All parents should keep this in mind lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MysticRiver
07-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Happiness is the present moment. Most of us are overwhelmed by our daily life's spree. We can't see what's essential. That's why, I'm acting crazier than my kids. "Mom, you're no longer a teenager!" ;D

glo
07-27-2010, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

This verse shows us the enduring nature of the love that should exist between the husband and wife. When it speaks about love, it is not talking about those fleeting passions like we see in the movies, but about something substantial, something that is supposed to be woven into the very fabric of married life.
That's beautiful and very true.

My husband went on a week's backpacking and camping holiday with my son today.
I thought I would enjoy the peace and quiet in the house ... but I am missing them both already!

Being without my husband I don't feel whole somehow.

umm hamdaan
08-24-2010, 09:09 AM
real truth!!!!
my witness****growing years of marriage=less affection, less love
my answered excuse ***** m tired....
even b4 action*****snoring...!!!!!
married-child raising-housewife-full 24hrs enclosed
husband be realist-wats the purpose of that human being in ur house? is she a corpse with no affection?a robot for full day working?so?
well at the end of the day...do possible thing to keep the love alive..

Vigno
08-24-2010, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
Asalaam alaikum warahmatulah wabarakatuh

And what happens in our busy, stressful lives when one spouse tries to bring love and affection – a little romance – back into the picture? What is often the response?

"Honey, we have no time for all of that. We aren't teenagers anymore. We're full-grown adults."

As if love and affection have an expiration date! As if once we get too old, once we have children and responsibilities, there is no longer any time for such things.

The Qur'ân puts the lie to this idea. Allah says: "And from among His signs is that He created for you mates from among yourselves to take comfort with, and He placed between you love and mercy." [Sûrah al-Rûm: 30]

Ibn `Abbâs provides the following commentary on this verse: "A man has love for his wife and the "mercy" is the mercy he feels for her if ever she should face any misfortune. This love and mercy is not some fleeting sentiment. Rather it is the wellspring of enduring tenderness, kindness, and a good relationship."

Therefore, our busy lives, our maturity, our children, and all those other excuses that have become commonplace today to justify an affectionless married life – those excuses carry no weight. It is as our scholars of the past have said: "Society will remain upon goodness as long as they do not seek excuses for themselves."

http://islamtoday.com/artshow-419-3420.htm
Waalekum Asalam wa rahmatul Allahi wa barakatu

Indeed what you said is true, and they wonder why so many families are miserable these days, so many divorces and quarrels between them. It is merely because there is no love, no feelings shared, the wife and husband just keep putting responsibilities on one another and blame one another for everything instead of sharing their thoughts together peacefully.

Speaking about growing up, the Prophet alihi asalatu wa asalam raced Aisha radia Allahu anha when he was old, he didn't say oh am too old to run now or anything, and in fact he won! His love was so overwhelming even though he was the busiest man on earth. He had the whole world to call into Islam and so many wives yet he had time for all and never gave excuses about anything.

We should take him as our example as hes the greatest example of mankind and start changing our dull selves.
Love is everlasting as long as we grab hold of it and show it, so don't hold back no matter how old you are, for indeed, the heart never grows.

AslamP
04-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Not everyone is the same, my parents are in their 70's and still lovey-dovey.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!