/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Modern Fashion

Beardo
06-13-2010, 01:44 AM
http://invalidtruth.com/blog/fashion...deen-magazine/
Excerpt:
As for me, I enjoy my virgin fashion. I call it “virgin fashion” because it has not been raped by the peer pressure others succumb to in society. It is only one’s insecurity of their position in the social hierarchy that would lead them to commit such acts of fashion prostitution.
Please comment on the blog itself. :P

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Donia
06-13-2010, 01:50 AM
:sl:

That was a nice read masha'Allah.

I've seen my share of "skinnies". *cringe*
They kind of look like men's leggings. :)

Beardo
06-13-2010, 01:53 AM
loll. Yeahh. Is it too crude though to be published? I hope nobody gets offended by the language I used. D:

Candle
06-13-2010, 02:50 AM
Hey now, it depends on the skinnies. The form fitting ones that you can't sit down in = too much. But sometimes I rock the denim skinnies and canvas kicks, and I still sit cross legged in them.:D

(entertaining article btw)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S<Chowdhury
06-13-2010, 02:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia

That was a nice read masha'Allah.

I've seen my share of "skinnies". *cringe*
They kind of look like men's leggings. :)
agreeeeeeeed jus eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww, its grim guys just No don't do it !+o(+o(

Donia
06-13-2010, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
loll. Yeahh. Is it too crude though to be published? I hope nobody gets offended by the language I used. D:
Crude? In my opinion -- no. I thought it was nicely said.

Insha'Allah nobody will get offended and Allah knows your intentions.

Life_Is_Short
06-13-2010, 12:34 PM
You should not be a product of society. The society should be a product of you. I dont' know where i heard that but it seem it's the opposite now-a-days. Maybe we're all evolving into sheeps that mindlessly follow one another.

Very well written, Mas'Allah. :)

Candle
06-13-2010, 02:15 PM
^ I Somewhat agree but also disagree.

Every culture and civilization has an appreciation of aesthetics. Islam even moreso! Men are supposed to keep nails trimmed and hair clipped. The Prophet (PBUH) loved many types of fragrances and perfumes. Robes aren't suitable for European or North American weather, so we should adopt our local dress and try to look sharp and clean while doing it!

...besides, would you guys rather that everyone wore those horrible baggy pants from the 90's?:heated:

Beardo
06-15-2010, 12:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Candle
^ I Somewhat agree but also disagree.

Every culture and civilization has an appreciation of aesthetics. Islam even moreso! Men are supposed to keep nails trimmed and hair clipped. The Prophet (PBUH) loved many types of fragrances and perfumes. Robes aren't suitable for European or North American weather, so we should adopt our local dress and try to look sharp and clean while doing it!

...besides, would you guys rather that everyone wore those horrible baggy pants from the 90's?:heated:
No! Heck no! But I'd rather people be moderate. People will always wear extreme clothing, but you can change the mainstream and have them interested in modest clothing.

Candle
06-15-2010, 04:27 PM
No! Heck no! But I'd rather people be moderate. People will always wear extreme clothing, but you can change the mainstream and have them interested in modest clothing.
Agreed. :D And I think women who dress modestly, though fashionably, are more appealing to good Muslim men than the other sort of woman..

Beardo
11-25-2010, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Candle
Agreed. :D And I think women who dress modestly, though fashionably, are more appealing to good Muslim men than the other sort of woman..
Agreed. I find Hijabi women much more attractive than those in short shorts etc.

GuestFellow
11-26-2010, 07:11 AM
. Yet, it pains me to observe the unpleasant sight of my Muslim brothers limping in these so-called “skinnies”. You may ask, what are “skinnies”? These are tight fit jeans that expose every vein from your waist down to your ankles.

I have no idea why people wear this. It must be uncomfortable.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!