/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jinn Clarification

x_laila_x
06-14-2010, 11:28 AM
:sl:

I am not sure if this is the correct section of the board to post but I wanted to find out more information about Jinn. I have heard several things but it seems more like hearsay than actual fact, so I would appreciate your knowledge on the matter.

I wanted to ask questions like:

• What are their purpose?
  • What do they do?
  • Can they really possess you?

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
06-14-2010, 11:34 AM
1. same purpose as us

2. same things as us

3. http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503549086

think of them as the human race, except invisible

Nawal89
06-14-2010, 11:36 AM
* their purpose on this earth is the same as ours. To worship Allah. Allah says :" And I have not created the humans and the jinn except to worship me."
* No one knows what they can do in detail except from w hat came in the Qur'an and Sunnah. Maybe they have normal lives like we do. Allah a3lam
*yes they can possess you

x_laila_x
06-14-2010, 11:41 AM
What's their purpose in possess humans?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
06-14-2010, 11:56 AM
^ Why does any person hurt another person?

x_laila_x
06-14-2010, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
^ Why does any person hurt another person?
With humans I think it is complex because the 'hurt' one causes is most often a calculated act with a purpose of gaining something which gives reason to doing it in the first place. So what reason would Jinn have to possess a human? What do Jinn gain?

Amat Allah
06-14-2010, 01:32 PM
read this in`shaa Allah my sweet sister , may Allah love you and protect you from all harms and The Ummah Ameeeeeen

Praise be to Allaah.

The fact that jinn can enter human bodies is proven in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and by the consensus of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, and by real-life events. No one disputes this apart from the Mu’tazilah who give priority to their own rational analysis over the evidence of the Qur’aan and Sunnah. We will mention a little about this below:

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Those who eat Ribaa will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytaan (Satan) leading him to insanity. That is because they say: ‘Trading is only like Ribaa’…” [al-Baqarah 2:275]
Al-Qurtubi said in his Tafseer (part 3, p. 355): “This aayah is proof that those people are wrong who deny that epilepsy is caused by the jinn and claim that its causes are only physical, and that the Shaytaan does not enter people or cause madness.”
Ibn Katheer said in his Tafseer (part 1, p. 32), after mentioning the aayah quoted above: “They will not rise from their graves on the Day of Resurrection except like the way in which the epileptic rises during his seizure, when he is beaten by the Shaytaan. This is because they will rise in a very bad state. Ibn ‘Abbaas said: the one who consumes ribaa will rise on the Day of Resurrection crazy and choking.”

According to a saheeh hadeeth narrated by al-Nasaa’i from Abu’l-Yusr, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray: “Allaahumma innee a’oodhu bika min al-taraddi wa’l-haram wa’l-gharaq wa’l-harq, wa a’oodhu bika an yatakhabatani al-shaytaan ‘ind al-mawt ( O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from being thrown from a high place, old age, drowning and burning; and I seek refuge with You from being beaten by the Shaytaan at the time of death).” Commenting on this hadeeth in Al-Fayd (part 2, p.148), al-Manaawi said: “[The phrase] ‘and I seek refuge with You from being beaten by the Shaytaan at the time of death’ means, lest he should wrestle with me and play with me, and damage my religious commitment or mental state (at the time of death) by means of his insinuating whispers which cause people to slip or lose their minds. The Shaytaan could take control of a person when he is about to depart this world, and misguide him or stop him from repenting…”

Ibn Taymiyah (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 42/276) said: “The fact that jinn can enter human bodies is proven by the consensus of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Those who eat Ribaa will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytaan (Satan) leading him to insanity. That is because they say: ‘Trading is only like Ribaa’…’ [al-Baqarah 2:275]. And in as-Saheeh it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The Shaytaan flows through the son of Adam as the blood flows through his veins.’”

‘Abd-Allaah ibn al-Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal said; “I said to my father, ‘There are some people who say that the jinn do not enter the body of the epileptic.’ He said: ‘O my son, they are lying; the jinn could speak through this person.’” Commenting on this, Ibn Qudaamah said: “What he said is well known, because a person may suffer an epileptic seizure and speak in a language that no one understands, and his body may be beaten with blows that would fell a camel, but the epileptic does not feel them at all, and he is also unaware of the words he is saying. The epileptic and others may be dragged about, or the carpet on which he is sitting may be pulled, and utensils may be moved about from place to place, and other things may happen. Anyone who witnesses such a thing will know for sure that the one who is speaking through the person and moving these things is not human.” And he said, may Allaah have mercy on him: “There is no one among the imaams of the Muslims who denies that jinn may enter the body of the epileptic and others. Anyone who denies that and claims that Islam denies it is lying about Islam. There is nothing in the proofs of sharee’ah to show that it does not happen.”

So the fact that jinn may enter human bodies is proven in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and by the consensus of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, some of whose comments we have quoted above.

As regards the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): “but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allaah’s Leave” [al-Baqarah 2:102], this is undoubtedly a clear indication that the jinn cannot harm anyone through witchcraft or epilepsy or through any other kind of disturbance or misguidance, except with the permission of Allaah. As al-Hasan al-Basri said: “Whomever Allaah wills, He gives them power over him, and whomever He does not will, He does not give them power over him, and they cannot do anything to anyone except with the permission of Allaah.” The Shaytaan (who is the disbelieving jinn) may gain power over the believers by making them sin and by making them neglect the remembrance and Tawheed of Allaah and sincerity in worshipping Him. But he has no power over the righteous slaves of Allaah, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, My slaves (i.e. the true believers of Islamic Monotheism) — you have no authority over them. And All-Sufficient is your Lord as a Guardian” [al-Israa’ 17:65]

During the Jaahiliyyah the Arabs were well aware of this and mentioned it in their poetry. For example, the poet al-A’shaa likened his she-camel’s energy to that of one who was touched by the jinn, and said that it was the jinn who was giving her her energy.

As regards the causes of epilepsy, Ibn Taymiyah explained (in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 19/39) the causes. He said: “When the jinn touch a person with epilepsy, it may be because of desire or love, just as happens between one human and another… or it may – as is usually the case – be because of hatred and punishment, such as when a person has harmed them or they think that he has harmed them deliberately, either by urinating on them or pouring hot water on them or killing them, even if the person did that unknowingly. There are ignorant and wrongdoing ones among the jinn who may punish a person more than he deserves, or they may be playing with him and mistreating him, like foolish people among mankind.”

And I say: the way to save oneself from this is to remember Allaah and speak His Name at the beginning of all things, as it was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to mention Allaah in many cases, such as when eating, drinking, mounting his riding-beast, taking off his clothes for any reason, having intercourse and so on…

As regards treatment (of one whose body has been entered by the jinn), Ibn Taymiyah said (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 19/42): “When the jinn attack a person, they should be told of the rulings of Allaah and His Messenger, proof should be established against them, and they should be commanded to do what is good and told not to do what is evil, just as should be done in the case of people, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning)’ [al-Israa’ 17:15].” Then he said: “If the jinn does not leave after being addressed in this manner, then it is permissible to rebuke him, tell him off, threaten him and curse him, as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did with the Shaytaan when he came with a falling star to throw it in his face, and the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I seek refuge with Allaah from you and I curse you with the curse of Allaah” – three times. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari).We may also seek help against the jinn by remembering Allaah (dhikr) and reciting Qur’aan, especially Aayat al-Kursi. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites it will remain under the protection of Allaah and no shaytaan (devil) will be able to approach him until the morning.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari). And al-Mi’wadhatayn (the last two soorahs of the Qur’aan) may also be recited.

As for psychiatrists who do not treat the epileptic in the manner described, they cannot do him any good at all.

This issue may be discussed in much more detail, but what we have said here is sufficient for those who want to know a little about this matter, Praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds.

Masaa’il wa rasaa’il, Muhammad Mahmoud al-Najdi, p. 23

piXie
06-14-2010, 01:35 PM
I have heard several things but it seems more like hearsay than actual fact
:sl:

This can be true. When people speak of Jinn they tend to exaggerate a lot and make up stories. Therefore, a clear distinction needs to be made between the false conceptions about them (Jinn) and what it is stated in the Qur'aan and Sunnah about them. To know more about the world of the Jinn you can read the ISLAMIC CREED SERIES Vol-3 by Umar S. al-Ashqar.

Or you can read it here: http://www.missionislam.com/knowledg...JinnDevils.pdf

Alpha Dude
06-14-2010, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by x_laila_x
With humans I think it is complex because the 'hurt' one causes is most often a calculated act with a purpose of gaining something which gives reason to doing it in the first place. So what reason would Jinn have to possess a human? What do Jinn gain?
I don't agree.

People hurt random strangers for no real reason all the time. Ever seen somebody curse/hit another just cos they were in the wrong place?

Same thing with jinns (fiery by nature in the first place).

x_laila_x
06-14-2010, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I don't agree.

People hurt random strangers for no real reason all the time. Ever seen somebody curse/hit another just cos they were in the wrong place?

Same thing with jinns (fiery by nature in the first place).

I understand what you are saying. But that is to do with the victim being in the wrong place at the wrong time. They were chosen at random. But the person doing the wrong to the victim, that is not a case of chance they have thought through what they were going to do. Have you ever seen someone be mugged? The person doing the mugging had the premeditated thought about commiting the crime, the victim was chosen at random.

Masuma
06-14-2010, 07:24 PM
this whole world is just so mysterious! so maddening...there is just so much more than what the eyes can see... trees and stones would prostrate to Prophets, food would speak to them and people think i'm lunatic...? Well, like I care! Hnh! Stupid people!
And of course this isn't related to the OP. :/

Okay, so I don't know whether jinns can enter one's body or not. In my country, this was mainly used as an excuse by criminals that "we should not be held responsible for we were not in our real control and blah blah".

A research was done on it, and those people who claimed that jinns can enter body were investigated. They were asked whether they really have seen someone with their own eyes, under the control of jinns and they all denied. they kept on passing it to others that I heard him from him and when him was asked, he said, I heard it from him2 and so like this, the flop research continued and then died and rotted.

cat eyes
06-14-2010, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by x_laila_x
What's their purpose in possess humans?
sometimes the reason is because they have falling in love with the human so they enter there bodies. there is female and male jinn.

Masuma
06-14-2010, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
sometimes the reason is because they have falling in love with the human so they enter there bodies. there is female and male jinn.
Aaaaahahahaaa! lol, lol, your not serious? Are you? Thanx for always making me laugh meow!

cat eyes
06-14-2010, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Aaaaahahahaaa! lol, lol, your not serious? Are you? Thanx for always making me laugh meow!
k ukhti ;Dyou want prove? you asked for it muhahahaha don't get scared now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5C-VZN-lZQ
may Allah protect you and all the brothers and sisters Ameen:wub:

Amat Allah
06-15-2010, 10:54 AM
sister cat eyes is right and if you wana know about Jinn read what I posted above please...

Masuma
06-15-2010, 12:34 PM
@ Meow:
I'm bored! The man didn't even fly in air or twisted or bone crunching sound or anything! And its like a 10 + mins video, so can't wait that long. :( The sound effects were not even scary! You wana watch real exorcism, then watch

"Exorcism of Emily Rose"!

Scared the ... out of me! ...and in school, at movie night, no one would even go to washroom with you! :D

I never said I don't believe in Jinns! I believe in them but jinns falling in love with someone,

:uuh:

Aaaaaaaaaahahhaaahahhaaaahaahaaahaaa. Sorry, having.a.laughing.hysteria. AAAAhAHAHAHA! lol LOL!

Masuma
06-15-2010, 12:45 PM
and i'm not staying here anymore alone!

Its not like i'm scared or something...I...I..umm..I got to...look there is someone on the door, gotta go! :scared:

Salahudeen
06-16-2010, 01:16 AM
If you wanna learn about jinns the following books are good.

Jinns and human sickness remedies in light of Qur'an and Sunnah by . You can find it on kalamullah website. here is link, scroll down and download it,

http://www.kalamullah.com/books.html

Masuma
06-16-2010, 07:42 AM
^ Okay so jinns can't possess someone's body right? Sister meow and Amat Allah were joking, right? :D

Salahudeen
06-16-2010, 08:42 PM
^ Okay so jinns can't possess someone's body right? Sister meow and Amat Allah were joking, right? :D

They can possess bodies.

aamirsaab
06-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Some jin are bad, some are good. We're not supposed to mess with them.

cat eyes
06-16-2010, 11:07 PM
@ Meow:
I'm bored! The man didn't even fly in air or twisted or bone crunching sound or anything! And its like a 10 + mins video, so can't wait that long. :( The sound effects were not even scary! You wana watch real exorcism, then watch

"Exorcism of Emily Rose"!

Scared the ... out of me! ...and in school, at movie night, no one would even go to washroom with you! :D

I never said I don't believe in Jinns! I believe in them but jinns falling in love with someone,

:uuh:

Aaaaaaaaaahahhaaahahhaaaahaahaaahaaa. Sorry, having.a.laughing.hysteria. AAAAhAHAHAHA! lol LOL!
HAHA u didnt even watch it ukhti

i think its good to witness these things. it increases iman

Masuma
06-17-2010, 11:17 AM
^ @ Meow:

Naaa! I watched it. But not the complete video. :embarrass

Masuma
06-17-2010, 11:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Some jin are bad, some are good. We're not supposed to mess with them.
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
They can possess bodies.
Okay! But I don't have any proof neither in it's favor nor against it, so I'll not argue.

But some of the things I didn't understand is that if jinns possess bodies because the person is beautiful, then we have to admit that this might be wrong. We know that the most handsome man, ever lived on the face of this earth was Hazrat Yusuf. But no she-jinn, possessed him. Nauzbillah!
If we say that he (a.s) was a prophet, therefore no jinn possessed him, then it can also be refuted because our Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) was also a Prophet of Allah, yet black magic worked on him. So why not in Hazrat Yusuf's case?!

No jinns possess "miss worlds" and "miss universe"! But still, I don't know what is true.

And the video showing "exorcism in Islam"...I feel it so not right!!! I don't know why but didn't like it AT ALL!!! :cry: feel like an utter disrespect of the Quran!

But Allah knows best and may He give us guidance!

tanzeeltkhan
06-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Its True tht jin can possess human bodies.but its not clear how and why?.. I think we should not get into the details of it. But I know few Surah which prevent us from being possessed by jinn. The best Surah is Surah Yasin followed by Surah Falak and surah Naas.

Hope It helps.

FS123
06-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Don't mess with the jinns

syed_z
06-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Asalaam O Alaikum to All... :)

Thanks for the Topic..

The jinns can possess, however, their Possession is NOT only as in the Video shared by sister...the you tube video

They do possess the way the guy seems possessed... BUT in most cases one might be possessed and would not even know that he is...

FOr example...

1st of all we have to see as to why do Shayatin Jinns (Evil among the Jinns) Possess us ?

Shaytan was a Jinn as said in the Quran...

“"And remember when we said unto the angels: Fall prostrate before Adam, and they fell prostrate, all save Iblees. He was of the Jinn (invisible Being), so he rebelled against his Lord’s command”." (al-Kahf 20).

He was given a very high rank, as Allah (Swt) told him and the angels, which proves that he was living among the Angels, BUT was not one of them or their kind, he was A Very Pious Jinn.... and therefore Allah (Swt) had let him stay and worship among the Angels... so when Bible, i think quotes that he was "A fallen Angel" .. that is false...

also it is his tribe which is bent on Leading Mankind Astray from the Right Path....

...Verily, he and his tribe are lying in wait for you where you cannot perceive them! (7:27)

So it is him and the evil among the Jinns ONLY and NOT the good ones, who are there to mislead mankind... and it becomes easy for them, to do it whenever any humans on earth are away from rememberance and worship of Allah (swt) and disobey Allah (swt) very often in their lives...

(43:36) He who is negligent to remember the Merciful One, to him We assign a satan as his boon companion

Since the Tribe of Shaytan, are Invisible Beings they join those among the Humans, who stay away from all that is good. Then they eventually, the evil among the Jinns, become their companions. And there fore the Quran says else where about those Evil among the Humans, that how the Evil among the Jinns would make their minds so corrupt, that whatever they keep doing would seem al right to them.....

(41:25) We had assigned to them companions who embellished for them all that was before them and behind them. Thus the same decree (of chastisement) which had overtaken the previous generations of jinn and human beings (also) became due against them. Surely they became the losers.

... The Companion of Evil jinns, who join those among the Humans who keep increasing all kinds of Vices, and do not do much good, they make their deeds fair seeming to them. Whatever evil the Humans do, it does not seem wrong to them, rather it seems RIGHT whatever they do.. so basically they delude those among the Humans in doing every thing evil.... this is also a Type of Possession which takes place with Humans... this is the Most Common one...

as in An Authentic Narration Prophet Muhammad (saw) said...

"“Satan flows in the children of Adam like the flowing of the blood.”"

The Shayatin flow inside our bodies, like our blood, and so that is why we are told in Islam to always Seek Allah's Protection from Shaytan and his Tribe! Because of them having this advantage they can delude our Minds and there fore Allah (Swt) says...

(7:201) Verily, they who are Conscious of God bethink themselves (Of Him) whenever any Dark suggestion from Satan touches them - whereupon, lo! they begin to see (things) clearly..

So "Conscious of God" means frequent Remembrance of Allah (Swt), doing every Act and remind ourselves of Him at all times, and basically Always KNOW that Allah (swt) Sees you.... and then that helps us live our lives righteously and away from all evil and make us do good... and therefore that keeps the Devil Soldiers of Shaytan away, and keeps us away from all kinds of Possession!

so this is the Most Common type of Possession, which Most of us experience...

Masuma
06-27-2010, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
Asalaam O Alaikum to All... :)

Thanks for the Topic..

The jinns can possess, however, their Possession is NOT only as in the Video shared by sister...the you tube video
:salamext:

Brother syed, I think you are a blessing we got on IB Forum! SubhanAllah!!! :statisfie So far all your threads which I came across were very Enlightening! May Allah grant you Jannah for helping us out and for sharing your knowledge! :cry:

syed_z
06-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Asalaam O Alaikum sis Aneeza...

Actually its A Blessing to join you guys at this Forum and Join this Islamic Forum, May Allah (swt) increase Love and respect for each other!... May Allah (Swt) increase Our Knowledge.... And thank you sooo much for the welcome :).

abu_musab461
07-03-2010, 04:42 AM
Actually some people/ scholars know EXACTLY how a jinn enters/ exits a body, which part its easiest to enter from, when its easiest to enter and why they possess.

But there is no benefit of mentioning them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!