/* */

PDA

View Full Version : khayr inshAllah

aadil77
06-14-2010, 08:30 PM
what does it mean, I hear somali's saying it quite alot, it sounds well annoying lol

is it an arabic saying?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
06-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Wa'Alaykumus Salaam,

Literal translation is "good, inshaa'Allah".

I think it's used to show that one is content with Allahs decissions, waAllahu aa'lam.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Khaayr = Its okay, or its good
Insha`Allaah= God Willingly

Thats as much as i can say! I say it a lot :-\
Arabs use it, and also some Pakistanis that use the Islamic Literature in their daily life like InshaAllaah, SubhaanAllaah etc
Arabs and Pakistanis, and maybe people from other geeky cultures who are muslim "May also" use in their daily life
Hope that makes sense Indeed

So yeah

-Elle-
06-16-2010, 02:54 AM
For us(I'm Arabic), we usually say it when someone comes and seems upset, or is about to share something and we suspect it to be bad news (example: awaiting a response from someone who recently endured hardships)
So the person looks at the other and says "Kheir InshAllah?" In a way of saying, " God willing, you come with good news?"

It's kind of like an expression. If it is not used in that manner, then "Kher inshAllah" can also be said after someone does something, or takes a decision of some kind. Then you say " Kher inshAllah" as though you are saying " God willing,good will come out of it." hope this helps.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!