/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need help with printer

Ummu Sufyaan
06-15-2010, 04:01 AM
:sl:
im trying to print something using a colored printer, except the printer is saying that the cyan ink has ran out, even though when i take it out a shake it, there seems to be an abundance of it still left. what is the problem?

im not even trying to print in color (just black and white) so why should it matter.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
06-15-2010, 04:35 AM
What's the printer brand and number?

It shouldn't matter, though, whether you have colored ink or not.

S<Chowdhury
06-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Maybe you need to just clean the contact between the printer and ink, just give that metal thingy LOL (dont have the technical term) on the ink cartridge a wipe down. And if that doesnt work just change your change your Printer setting to Black and White Print Only it should print

Ummu Sufyaan
06-16-2010, 10:14 AM
the printer is a brother DCP-165C...how do i change the setting to only black and white.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
06-16-2010, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
the printer is a brother DCP-165C...how do i change the setting to only black and white.
Print Settings or Print Setup > B&W

Ummu Sufyaan
06-16-2010, 01:32 PM
dumb question, but where do i find the "print settings"

Re.TiReD
06-16-2010, 04:46 PM
How about going to control pannel and then printers and faxes or something like that? or when you're trying to print and the error comes up, there might be a 'printer settings' there somehwere.

S<Chowdhury
06-16-2010, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
dumb question, but where do i find the "print settings"
Well even more simply if your using Microsoft word on just go File>Print>Properties

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!