/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Circumcision upon conversion

Ibrahim_K
06-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Salaam

Is it possible to convert to islam without having a circumcision before the conversion? I talked to a nurse I know and she claimed that a friend of her are reverting because of marriage to a muslim woman, and that he must be circumcisized before the conversion.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
06-15-2010, 03:35 PM
yes ofcourse, the main thing is your belief

but the guy is reverting only because of marriage?

maxguncel
06-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Vessalam..

Actually it is not a must to have circumcision. It is sunnah. You can have it whenever you want. Islam is the religion of ease.

Predator
06-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Below is a useful article on Male Circumcision for converts to Islam

http://convertingtoislam.com/circum.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
06-17-2010, 04:17 AM
Male circumcision is an obligatory sunnah.

But you can do it after conversion, although you should not delay it, because there is a danger your wudoo is cancelled because the urine retained in the foreskin breaks your thaharah.

Ibrahim_K
06-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Salaam brother,

She claimed it was because of marriage, and I don't think that's a valid reason for a real reversion to Islam. One who proclaims the shahada should be firm in his or her belief in the shahada and be convinced that islam is the true religion.

aadil77
06-21-2010, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Azrael
Salaam brother,

She claimed it was because of marriage, and I don't think that's a valid reason for a real reversion to Islam. One who proclaims the shahada should be firm in his or her belief in the shahada and be convinced that islam is the true religion.
It sure isn't and yes they should be fully convinced of the truth in their hearts

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!