/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Long hair

Ibrahim_K
06-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Salaam,

Is it acceptable for a man to have long hair as a muslim? I've noticed that some muslims in certain parts of the world sport a longer hair style, while other seems to have it more short. I prefer long hair, thus my question.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
06-16-2010, 01:41 AM
Assalaamu 'Alaykum,

Cutting hair to make it all of equal length, reaching the shoulders or ears is OK, so long as that does not involve resembling the kuffaar. Resembling the kuffaar is haraam even if it is in regard to something that in principle is permitted.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/12701

Rabi Mansur
06-16-2010, 03:06 AM
Hmmm. I also see where women are not supposed to cut their hair short so that it resembles a man's.
Some women look so butch when they do that. I think it is such a shame when I see a woman who has whacked off her hair trying to look so aggressive and manly.

:wa:

Ibrahim_K
06-16-2010, 06:23 AM
Salaam,

I cut my hair very short some months ago and have it longer in the neck (about down to the shoulders) while it's shorter in the front and around the eares. Is it allowed to let it grow equally to the shoulders and then cut it to equal length?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jennie
06-18-2010, 12:05 PM
I've never heard that long hair would'nt be acceptable in islam (for man or a woman)... but usually short hair looks better.

Raziah
06-26-2010, 06:57 PM
It is your choice to do it as you like.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!