/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim name

Ibrahim_K
06-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Salaam,

I am going to revert during the friday prayer at the masjid this week. I am wondering if I should chose a muslim name or if my name "Azrael" (which means "God helps" in hebrew) is permissable as a name? If I have to chose a new name I will prefer it to be Suleyman but I like my current name as well.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Masuma
06-16-2010, 07:10 PM
SubhanAllah! SubhanAllah! May Allah give you so much reward! May Allah make you a true Muslim! :cry:

Brother, I'm extremely happy for you! :statisfie

Do you know that after your reversion to Islam, all your previous sins would be forgiven?! Glory to Allah that He showed you the truth!

Dear brother, if this name is not un-Islamic, as it doesn't seem at all to be, then you can very well keep this name. It is a beautiful name actually.

But why not add Muhammad at the beginning of your name? It would just be perfect! :D

Muhammad Azrael, what do you say? :D

And again! Allahu Akbar! So happy for you brother!

P.s, umm.. you know,music is haram in Islam. But you need not worry about this now. Allah will help you!

AabiruSabeel
06-16-2010, 07:12 PM
:sl:

Congrats bro on your decision to proclaim the Shahadah. May Allah grant you good understanding of Islam and make you firm on Iman. May He remove all hurdles and ease all your affairs.

As for the name, I think you can combine both the names, like saying Sulaiman Azrael. I don't know whether you can just keep Azrael or not.
Prophet Ya'qoob 'Alaihis Salam was known as Israel. He is called by this name at some places in Qur'an too.

Masuma
06-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Brother Azrael!

Please watch this video of Dr. Zakir Naik about the question

"Is it compulsory to change your name after becoming a mUslim?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7lov_7wDA

And again! YeAAAAYYYYY! :D May Allah grant you Jannah!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Zainab
06-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Mashallaah Bro! May Allaah bless you and give you the best of both worlds. Aameen.

Suleyman is a wonderful name. Its very popular in the Arab world too. Other names that I can suggest are:

Abdullah (Slave of Allaah)
Abdurrahman (the slave of the Most Beneficent)
Mohammed (the praised one)
Ahmed (worthy of praise)
Yahya (prophet's name - John the baptist)
Saeed (happy)

As the others have mentioned - you can combine Azrael with any other name if you wish.

Whatever name you choose, may Allaah bless you and keep you on the straight path till you meet Him.

And brother we will all be waiting for you after the Friday prayers. Please keep us posted and let us know what name you have chosen.

Salaam

aadil77
06-16-2010, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Azrael
Salaam,

I am going to revert during the friday prayer at the masjid this week. I am wondering if I should chose a muslim name or if my name "Azrael" (which means "God helps" in hebrew) is permissable as a name? If I have to chose a new name I will prefer it to be Suleyman but I like my current name as well.
izraeel is actually the name of the angel of death, its similar to your name

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Wa`Alaaykum Salaam Brother

Alhamdulilaah and all praise is due to Allaah the One!

And welcome to the Perfect way of Life, the way all the Prophets lived and followed and the way that is of Benefit to one!

Allah says: "Indeed the Believers are but brothers." [Quran 4 9:10]

You will become among those who follow the Lord which is the creator of creation!

When you become Muslim your previous sins shall be removed and you shall be clean like a new born baby, your slate will become clean!
May Allaah grant you Happiness Ameen

"Allah bears witness that none has the right to be worshiped except Him; as do the angels and those who possess knowledge. He maintains His creation upon justice. None has the right to be worshiped except Him, the All-Mighty, All-Wise."
[Soorah Aal-Imraan 3:18]

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

Raziah
06-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Wa alikum asalam.

Salman is a nice too.

breezes
06-18-2010, 06:32 PM
السلام عليكم
May Allah give you bless bro
i think noor add-een is nice

FS123
06-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Mashallaah Bro! Congratulations!

As for the name, I don't see nothing wrong.

May Allah bless you!

Ibrahim_K
06-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Unfortunaly neither the imam or the care keeper was in the masjid so I could not revert officially, but I'm going to say the shahada for myself with Allah as my wittness tonight, and later on I'll have it done formally.

Assalamu Aleikum.

Masuma
06-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Unfortunaly neither the imam or the care keeper was in the masjid so I could not revert officially, but I'm going to say the shahada for myself with Allah as my wittness tonight, and later on I'll have it done formally.

Assalamu Aleikum.
Brother, why don't you recite Shahadah here with us so that we may all be witness to it? Only if you don't mind. And then you can recite it formally in front of imam? hmmm? :statisfie

I mean you can type Shahadah and recite it in your heart? :D

Only if you don't mind! Otherwise its totally okay! :)

FS123
06-20-2010, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Brother, why don't you recite Shahadah here with us so that we may all be witness to it? Only if you don't mind. And then you can recite it formally in front of imam? hmmm? :statisfie

I mean you can type Shahadah and recite it in your heart? :D

Only if you don't mind! Otherwise its totally okay! :)
I second that!

aadil77
06-20-2010, 12:40 PM

Assalamu Aleikum.
Well you're already muslim, so congratulations :)

May Allah make the path of islam easy for you

Ibrahim_K
06-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Salaam,

Hereby I proclaim the shahada in my hearth and with my fellow brothers here as wittnesses:

Lâ ilâha illallâh, Muḥammadur Rasûlullâh

AabiruSabeel
06-20-2010, 02:45 PM
:wa:

Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Congrats bro on proclaiming the Shahadah. May Allah grant you firmness on Iman.
We all bear witness that you have recited the Kalimah and accepted Islam.

Ansariyah
06-20-2010, 03:04 PM
ws

Allahu AKbar, May Allah swt keep u steadfast in ur deen. MashaAllah im so happy 4u my brotha! Welcome back to the fitrah u were born upon: )

Masuma
06-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Salaam,

Hereby I proclaim the shahada in my hearth and with my fellow brothers here as wittnesses:

Lâ ilâha illallâh, Muḥammadur Rasûlullâh
And sisters too. :( And come onnnnnnnn! I waited so much for the moment and you proclaimed the shahadah when I was not here ! :(

But no worries!

Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!

Congrats bro!!!! So happy for you! So so happy!!!

May Allah reward you so much and make you a true Muslim. May Allah always keep you on the right path and make you among those who die in Allah's way, a true martyr! :cry:

SubhanAllah! So happy for you brother! :cry:

seek-paradise
06-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Congratulations Brother Allah be with you,bless you and bestowed his mercy upon you and make islam easy for you

kite runner
06-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Welcome to Islam. May Allah keep you steadfast and make it easy on you, Congratulations!!!! :D:D

Ibrahim_K
06-21-2010, 05:49 AM
Salaam,

Thanks everyone. I am doing my best at the present to avoid what is haram and praying for myself as often as possible. My plan is to make an official conversion as soon as possible. I've noted that since I took the shahada I feel more at peace with myself and my surrounding and that Allah indeed have easen all my affairs. Allahu Akbar!

kite runner
06-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Thats is great. Islam brings peace and meaning to life alhamdulillah.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Wow sorry im late, but once i read Brother Azrael`s post put a huge smile on my face :)

Allaah is indeed the Greatest! and May He Make every step easy for you Brother Ameen...

Welcome to the Way of Life of your creator and Enjoy your Journey!

:D

Insaanah
06-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

Allahu akbar!

Welcome back home to Islam.

May Allah keep you steadfast, and make things easy for you. Ameen.

Assalaamu alaikum

Muhammad
06-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Congratulations brother on coming back to the path of truth, all praise is for Allaah (swt). :)

May Allaah (swt) increase you in beneficial knowledge and righteous actions and keep you steadfast, Aameen.

nousername
06-21-2010, 06:02 PM
assalam alaykum new brother and congratulations! Just to let you know, I think Azrael is a really good name with a good meaning. Names don't have to be Arab in origin to be acceptable by the way.

جوري
06-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Allah Akbar Allah Akbar Allah Akbar!..

how warming to the heart.. masha'Allah.. may Allah swt make you steadfast on Islam akhi and may he accompany you on your journey and assure your steps always..
thank you Sr. Insaan for bringing this lovely thread to my attention..

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!