/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jesus in Islam

LauraS
06-18-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm just curious about the role of Jesus in Islam, obviously it differs from Christianity and I was wondering what he "does" exactly lol which I know is a strange way of putting it. :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Masuma
06-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Peace!

Watch these. These videos clarify Jesus' role in Islam.

And I think there are like 11 or 12 parts.

These above lectures are by Sheikh Ahmad Deedat.

And you can find various videos of Dr. zakir and other scholars about Jesus (pbuh)

Predator
06-18-2010, 09:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam

LauraS
06-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Thank you for the videos, I'm watching them now. :shade:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mohamed_Sadiq
06-20-2010, 11:05 AM
I don't like it when some Muslims say Jesus its not Jesus it's Nabi, Issa come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Masuma
06-20-2010, 11:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS
Thank you for the videos, I'm watching them now. :shade:
Thankx! :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
I don't like it when some Muslims say Jesus its not Jesus it's Nabi, Issa come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah subhanAllah brother! Your right. but I only say it because it might be that the non-Muslims don't know who Hazart Esa is...

And btw "Esa" is my favourite name!!! :statisfie

Masuma
06-20-2010, 11:14 AM
And Laura, if you need more videos regarding the subject, then please do feel free to ask. I would love to help you! :)

Okay?

Danah
06-20-2010, 11:46 AM
You can learn more in this book:The Islamic View of Jesus - Ibn Katheer

Or read the story of the prophet Jesus from Story of Prophet Isa/Jesus (pbuh)-Ibn Kathir

Masuma
06-20-2010, 11:58 AM
^ Jazakamullahu Khair my sis Danah! :wub: May Allah reward you so much!

aadil77
06-20-2010, 12:29 PM
He was a prophet like all other prophets who preached the same message of pure monotheism

you can read all about him here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/prophets...isa-jesus.html

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-20-2010, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Thankx! :)

Yeah subhanAllah brother! Your right. but I only say it because it might be that the non-Muslims don't know who Hazart Esa is...

And btw "Esa" is my favourite name!!! :statisfie
i know what u mean, its ok.

glo
06-20-2010, 07:08 PM
What does Nabi and Hazart mean?

Predator
06-20-2010, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Nabi means Prophet
Hazrat means Revered Teacher

Danah
06-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Nabi is an Arabic word means prophet
Hazrat is also an Arabic word used when you want to honor someone you say hazrat before his name

Insaanah
06-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Islam is the only non-Christian religion which makes it an article of faith to believe in the central figure of Christianity, i.e. Jesus Christ (peace be upon him). If a person calls himself a Muslim and doesn't believe in, respect, or love Jesus (peace be upon him) then he is NOT a Muslim. NO other religion has this stipulation.

We believe that Jesus (peace be upon him) was one of the mightiest messengers of God.
We believe that he was the messiah, translated as christ.
We believe he was born miraculously without any male intervention, which many modern day Christians today do not believe.
We believe that he gave life to the dead with Gods permission.
We believe he healed those born blind and lepers with Gods permission

However we don't believe that Jesus ever claimed divinity, or that he was God, son of God, or that he said worship me. We also do not believe that he was crucified.

We believe in all prophets whether we have heard of them or not. That includes the final Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). We are not allowed to pick and choose those we believe in. We also believe in the existence of all the books of God i.e. Bible, Torah, Psalms of David (peace be upon him), and any other books that we have not been told about, revealed before our time. We also believe in the angels, and day of judgement.

glo
06-21-2010, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan
Islam is the only non-Christian religion which makes it an article of faith to believe in the central figure of Christianity, i.e. Jesus Christ (peace be upon him).
I am not sure that that is quite correct.

Jesus is also respected and honoured in other religions, such as Buddhism, Hinduism and Baha'i.
In fact, I believe that Jesus is probably the one person in history who has touched the most people from all cultures and religions. Many claim him as 'their own'. By that I mean Muslims believe he was a Muslim, some Buddhist believe he was a Buddhist etc.

I believe it it's difficult to hear about Jesus and not to be touched by him. He demands a response from us.

Masuma
06-21-2010, 05:41 PM

Jesus is also respected and honoured in other religions, such as Buddhism, Hinduism and Baha'i.
Jesus is RESPECTED in other religions. Bhai is only a sect in Islam that is why it accepts Jesus as a Prophet. Muslims believe Jesus to be one of the mightiest messengers of Allah.

And if talking about Jews, they don't respect Jesus. They have rejected him as their Messiah!

In fact, I believe that Jesus is probably the one person in history who has touched the most people from all cultures and religions. Many claim him as 'their own'. By that I mean Muslims believe he was a Muslim, some Buddhist believe he was a Buddhist etc.
don't know about the latter part but many people have even gone to the extent of considering him to be just a made up figure, a fantasy. God forbid!!!

We Muslims are the one who adore Jesus!

I believe it it's difficult to hear about Jesus and not to be touched by him. He demands a response from us.[/QUOTE]

aadil77
06-21-2010, 06:24 PM

I believe it it's difficult to hear about Jesus and not to be touched by him. He demands a response from us.
prophet Isa might be respected by buddhists, hindu's, sikhs but he has nothing to do with such faiths and he is free from what their faiths assert (eg; idol worship, polytheism etc)

He was a prophet and messenger of god and no other faith accepts him as such accept islam.

Danah
06-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Many claim him as 'their own'. By that I mean Muslims believe he was a Muslim, some Buddhist believe he was a Buddhist etc.
When we say Muslim we are not trying to make him belong to a certain group of people or to a certain religion (like many people may think). Its simply means that he is believing in one God and worship him alone. Islam is the way of all prophets and messengers of Allah as its simply means submission to one God so Jesus peace be upon him is not different than the rest of prophets starting from Adam till Mohammad peace be upon them all. When we use the word Islam we always refer to the meaning of that word as the word Islam إسلام is an Arabic word means submission/peace and it come from the verb Yuslem يسلم which means to submit.

So they all worship Allah alone and submit to him, they all believe in him, hence they are all: muslimeen=مسلمين= Muslims

nousername
06-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but in Islam is Isa pbuh believed to have lived perfectly ie free from sin?

aadil77
06-22-2010, 12:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nousername
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but in Islam is Isa pbuh believed to have lived perfectly ie free from sin?
all prophets are free from sins (especially major ones), but they do make 'mistakes'

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!