/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Patience running thin!

Ansariyah
06-19-2010, 12:14 AM
lil snide remarks from my sikh childhood friend is really starting to send me over the edge now! I finally see that this friendship is slowly dying.

She will try to find any fault she can in Muslims just to make me see that theres no point in reliigion!

Why u washing urself 5 times a day jst 2 pray to God, surely God isnt that difficult she says with a sigH....I explain the procedure of wudu all the whys/ hows the need for it...It doesnt take long for her to show me girls plastered wit make'up in Hijab n heels in public to ask me 'wheres the religion in that'? I'm not a spokes person for every Muslim female out there besides they're human u will find them committing mistakes...

That doesnt sound nearly as horrible as wat came out of her mouth in the changing room when she showed me where she truly stands 'except the hijab everything else looks fab'' Im not one 2 ask anyone how this or that looks on me, but isnt that just cheap way to get me down?

From wat will happen if u take off ur hijab...to religion ruins humanity....I don't know wat 2 do anymore.

This girl has really changed so much in the past few months, ive known her since I was 8 we grew up together, I know her well enuff to kno that shes changing fast, n her number 1 enemy is now religion! n since I have religon written all over me, this friendship is not worth persuing.

She basically believes in God, but rejects all Religions calling it 'Man'made' tho I understand where shes coming from considering how long sikihsm has been around.

hmm...advice?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
06-21-2010, 02:27 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
lil snide remarks from my sikh childhood friend is really starting to send me over the edge now! I finally see that this friendship is slowly dying.

She will try to find any fault she can in Muslims just to make me see that theres no point in reliigion!

Why u washing urself 5 times a day jst 2 pray to God, surely God isnt that difficult she says with a sigH....I explain the procedure of wudu all the whys/ hows the need for it...It doesnt take long for her to show me girls plastered wit make'up in Hijab n heels in public to ask me 'wheres the religion in that'? I'm not a spokes person for every Muslim female out there besides they're human u will find them committing mistakes...
like she can talk. at least we do wash don't sikh men put the turban on at the age of 2 and never take it off? is that true?

either sit and have a good discussion with her as to why she is wrong or just "dump" her. she sounds horrible :hmm: and it makes it worse the way she is going about expressing her opinions-i.e in a snide manner.

if you like snide people and you like people to insult your religion, then go ahead and stay friends with her...i personally would advise to walk out of the nearest exist :hmm:

Muhammad
06-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Perhaps you can confront her and let her know your feelings - that you don't mind discussing religion with her but find her snide remarks offensive and unnecessary. May Allaah (swt) guide her, Aameen.

nousername
06-21-2010, 03:28 PM
a real friend wouldn't put your religion down like that. my bestie is a Mormon and we discuss our religions , not degrade each other.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
06-21-2010, 04:29 PM
She sounds like a friend who will bring you down in Islam be very careful of keeping bad company because they slowly poison you to their way of thinking. Hence the prophet pbuh said "A man is upon the religion of his close friend" so just be careful her thinking doesn't influence you in any way. She believes in a god then it makes sense that God would communicate his will to us through men, these men are known as messengers. A god would not just create us without any purpose or guidance. He would convey his will to us on how we are supposed to live our lives and what is the purpose of living in this life.

Even a shoe has a purpose for its creation, a chair has a purpose for its creation, what does she think the purpose of a human being is? :hmm:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Aslaamu Alaaykum sis. .

Maybe its time you choose your own friends. But i think you should give her Dawah and telling her about the Beauty of Islaam.
Them Gyals who scurry down the street with Hijaab and heels pinned to their feet are Defo not a good example of the Women that the Allmighty praises. But then again who are we to judge aye? Allaah is their judge and Indeed one day Allaah may guide them sistahs. And Allaah is the one who guides who he wills.

If she believes in God, then what does she expect god to do? if she cant answer , tell her he created this Dunya, SubhaanAllaah he create you,myself, her and the whole of Humanity.
He made rules that man should live on, if we didnt have these laws we would be lost ukhti, we would be doing whatever we will to do e.g. eat what we like, dress how we like etc.

Does she not know of people a loooong time ago who would commit disgusting acts, unjust and not mercyful, people would be lost and remain like that if Allaah did not send a messenger to each nation to guide the people who commited filthy acts we would be lost, and their are people who still exist like that in present days.

Now its your job to give Dawah to the friend of yours, and if she dont listen we are not to blame, this is up to her,her choice, her will!, as Allaah only guides. So pick your friends carefully and remember Allaah is your First and Last Friend, who has seen you grow as years passed by from Infancy to where you are now ukhti, so trust in him only ,ask Allaah to guide her . .

So yeah , hope i helped a lil bit InshaAllaah, forgive me if ive said anything wrong,bad.

Wa Alaaykum Salaam

tango92
06-21-2010, 08:04 PM
in my experience, people tend to hate islam far more than should be "expected". this is due to shaytaan and another proof of islams truth.

also with the rise in hate started by the media your gonna have to let go of some freinds. its a sad time for us. id say most if not all is due to fear, no matter how much we represent islams true colours the media bombardment will take first precedence in people minds.

Muslimeen
06-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Keep good company, and stay away from negative people especially if they know Islam but their reasoning and judgement is only based on the followers of the religion rather than the religion itself. Also if they seem convinced in only finding faults. You could try to give her some authentic books on Islam, make dua on her behalf but also remember the heart belongs to Allah.

glo
06-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Does your friend have a problem with all religions or just with Islam? You seem to suggest that she is against all religion ...

Perhaps she is having her own crisis of faith and she is transferring it onto you - her best friend who seems to be happy and content in her religious life.

I would ask her how she feels about religion and God at the moment. Perhaps her answer will give you an idea of what is going on inside her ...

If she is still your friend and you care for her, then it might be worth talking to her.
If you feel your friendship has come to an end, then you might as well break it off.

I hope all goes well for you two - whatever the outcome!

Ansariyah
06-28-2010, 09:20 PM
I told her the day after I made this post that I'm not going to change who I am for her no matter how hard she tries. We parted as she kept saying 'Look wat religion is doing to our friendship this is proof that religion is plain evil....it devided us'.

I told her that religon got nothing to do with this, its her n until she owns up I aint speaking to her again.

She didnt see me or call me since that day...

AND TODAY! Shows up infront my door with a Hijab! I'm completely in shock, just dont know whats going on n she tells me this is to show u that i want you back i'm sorry!...I can't believe that shes been out in buses everywhere with a Hijab. I told her that I never tried to force her to b muslim, I just wanted her to let me be 1 thats it.

She told me that she feels bad when I address other friends of mine as sisters n I get to do islamic things wit them n that she can't be my sister in Islam cause shes not a Muslim, I felt really bad cause I didnt know that her behaviour stemmed from jealousy of my muslim girl friends. I did let her come over when my muslim sisters are around, but then I honestly never thought that she felt left out in any way cause I always considered her a close friend n introduced her to all the girls. Then theres her parents who hate muslims n Islam, no excuse to lash out the way she did but atleast I know now whats going.

CosmicPathos
06-28-2010, 09:25 PM
that is why I said that a Muslim cannot be attached to kaafirs and consider them his or her friends. You can still give her dawah just like you would to a human being on the street without any emotional attachment except that of human bond.

CosmicPathos
06-28-2010, 09:39 PM
surprisingly, a Sikh colleague of mine called me 2 days ago from nowhere. FIrst he asked me am I still playing guitar, I told him no. He basically was asking information regarding good books. He asked me why I stopped, I told him I think its a tool of Satan. He started laughing. anyways.

THen he went into discussion that "Islamic people" think that humans have both free-will and pre-destination. But its wrong because we dont have total free will. Some ppl are genetically more prone to get angry or more susceptible to rape or murder ... and what not ... he was bringing those sorts of arguments

then how can you know there is only one God ... well I wanted to tell him that for all I know your Guru Nanak could very well by a mythological figure .... but he was trying to be friendly but I could sense his sly intentions in those laughters ....

Rhubarb Tart
06-28-2010, 09:42 PM
You need to tell her straight, stop the B.S talk or else the friendship is over.

In fact, I would suggest to not be her friend, just say hey from time to time. I know plenty of non muslim that would not react like that. She cant even give you basic respect?

Tell her straight how you feel and if she changes then maybe you can be friends. But She does not change and continues to disrepect you, then leave her alone and end it.

Rhubarb Tart
06-28-2010, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
surprisingly, a Sikh colleague of mine called me 2 days ago from nowhere. FIrst he asked me am I still playing guitar, I told him no. He basically was asking information regarding good books. He asked me why I stopped, I told him I think its a tool of Satan. He started laughing. anyways.

THen he went into discussion that "Islamic people" think that humans have both free-will and pre-destination. But its wrong because we dont have total free will. Some ppl are genetically more prone to get angry or more susceptible to rape or murder ... and what not ... he was bringing those sorts of arguments

then how can you know there is only one God ... well I wanted to tell him that for all I know your Guru Nanak could very well by a mythological figure .... but he was trying to be friendly but I could sense his sly intentions in those laughters ....
were you a non muslim before you Practicing muslim? If you dont mind me asking?

Rhubarb Tart
06-28-2010, 09:52 PM
I told her the day after I made this post that I'm not going to change who I am for her no matter how hard she tries. We parted as she kept saying 'Look wat religion is doing to our friendship this is proof that religion is plain evil....it devided us'.

I told her that religon got nothing to do with this, its her n until she owns up I aint speaking to her again.

AND TODAY! Shows up infront my door with a Hijab! I'm completely in shock, just dont know whats going on n she tells me this is to show u that i want you back i'm sorry!...I can't believe that shes been out in buses everywhere with a Hijab. I told her that I never tried to force her to b muslim, I just wanted her to let me be 1 thats it.

She told me that she feels bad when I address other friends of mine as sisters n I get to do islamic things wit them n that she can't be my sister in Islam cause shes not a Muslim, I felt really bad cause I didnt know that her behaviour stemmed from jealousy of my muslim girl friends. I did let her come over when my muslim sisters are around, but then I honestly never thought that she felt left out in any way cause I always considered her a close friend n introduced her to all the girls. Then theres her parents who hate muslims n Islam, no excuse to lash out the way she did but atleast I know now whats going.
Cant she join in discussion with you and other sisters. That way she may have better understanding of Islam and she may feel different.

CosmicPathos
06-28-2010, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
were you a non muslim before you Practicing muslim? If you dont mind me asking?
no, I was born into a Muslim family Allhamdulillah. I spent most of my childhood and teenage years in "wahhabi" Saudi Arabia, Allhamdulillah.

tango92
06-28-2010, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist

yh ive had similar experiences. you can defeat the enemy with logic, they may even accpet your telling the truth.
but just because they want to wind you up they will laugh when they have no better argument to come up with, and they convince THEMSELVES using poorly thought out measly arguments. dont pay them any attention.

glo
06-29-2010, 06:32 AM

I am glad that you spoke to your friend, and that she opened up a little to you, Yanoorah.

Has it changed how you feel about your friend now?

If she is receiving very negative views about Islam at home, but then witnesses positive things about Islam between you and your friends, no wonder your friend is in a state of confusion ...

Hope all goes well for you both. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!