/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to learn Arabic? =(

Masuma
06-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

Dear brothers and sisters,
Will you please help me with this? I want to learn Arabic but it’s like quite difficult and I find the whole learning process tiresome. But still I so much desire to have a good grasp over this language of miraculous Quran, and the language of Rasool Allah (s.a.w). :statisfie Those of you who know Arabic are really lucky lots, as you can at least do understand the verses of the Quran. This is not the case with me. I can only recite the verses but don’t know the meaning of even one word I’m reciting. So there was like this great scholar who highlighted the importance of learning Arabic for good understanding of the Quran.

So from that moment onwards, I set a goal for me to learn Arabic no matter how hard it gets.

So do you people know of any short courses, or anything which might be helpful in this regard? ... Any beginner’s course, which is easy enough that even a primary level kid can understand?”…:hiding:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jazakamullahu Khair! May Allah bless you all!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mohamed_Sadiq
06-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Manshallah its good that you want to learn arabic the key thing is 'motivation'.

If u really want to learn arabic the best thing to do is to live in a arab speaking country such as egypt or syria. Its hard to do this as it is unusual to move to a country just to learn the language atleast go on holidays to those countries it will help you a lot.

Right now just look for arabic lesson in your area the internet is good but i think going to classes is much more better.

also look for arabic speakers so that u can befriend them and interact with them that will help.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-19-2010, 02:05 PM
MashaAllaah, i really would love to learn Arabic. .
As i only know very little, but yeah would be awesome to know the language itself and i agree , motivation is defo needed!

So yeah

Masuma
06-19-2010, 02:13 PM
^^ Hmmm...so are there any online courses or that sort? It would really help! And Jazakamullahu Kahir for the replies! :D

Plus sis "muslimah 4 lyf",
You know Arabic too? :ooh:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mohamed_Sadiq
06-19-2010, 02:21 PM
I think this website is useful:

http://www.madinaharabic.com/

also try to watch arabic channels such as iqraa, mbc, al-jazeera, saudi channel etc. try to listen carefully and guees wat they are talking about.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-19-2010, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Plus sis "muslimah 4 lyf",
You know Arabic too? :ooh:
Err i can speak very little sis :-\ lol when i say "little!" i mean little :-\
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
Jazakallahu Khaayr for the list

also try to watch arabic channels such as iqraa, mbc, al-jazeera, saudi channel etc. try to listen carefully and guees wat they are talking about.
Jazakallahu Khaayr

marwen
06-19-2010, 02:52 PM
you can find online courses easily.

In general, it's not hard to learn arabic (like every language) : there should be some easy steps to do by yourself :
1) you know the arabic letters and how to pronounce them. If you know this, then it's a first great step.
2) you know how to pronounce arabic words (even if you don't understand them) : that's a great job.
3) you try to learn the meaning of a list of arabic basic words : try to get this type of booklets, kind of : "learn a language in 7 days" or something like that. So you will memorise some useful words to help you in your reading.
4) learn some basic arabic grammar (nahw) : verb, noun, phrase construction, etc.
5) start reading some little texts or short stories : 1 page per day. And use a dictionary to explain the difficult words (use a notebook to note the new words).

may Allah help you and make it easy for you.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-19-2010, 03:11 PM
^Ameen
Awesome advice that is Jazakallahu Khaayr

Masuma
06-19-2010, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq

Jazakamullahu Khair! :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
Err i can speak very little sis :-\ lol when i say "little!" i mean little :-\

Jazakallahu Khaayr
Meow! :D

Masuma
06-19-2010, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
you can find online courses easily.

In general, it's not hard to learn arabic (like every language) : there should be some easy steps to do by yourself :
1) you know the arabic letters and how to pronounce them. If you know this, then it's a first great step.
No. I don't know Arabic letters! :( I only know urdu letters which are very similar to Arabic letters.
2) you know how to pronounce arabic words (even if you don't understand them) : that's a great job.
Heheehe! :D Thanku!

3) you try to learn the meaning of a list of arabic basic words : try to get this type of booklets, kind of : "learn a language in 7 days" or something like that. So you will memorise some useful words to help you in your reading.
4) learn some basic arabic grammar (nahw) : verb, noun, phrase construction, etc.
5) start reading some little texts or short stories : 1 page per day. And use a dictionary to explain the difficult words (use a notebook to note the new words).

may Allah help you and make it easy for you.
SubhanAllah! :statisfie

Jazakamullahu Khair dear brother! May Allah make you a true Muslim and grant you Jannah!

marwen
06-19-2010, 04:23 PM
No. I don't know Arabic letters! :( I only know urdu letters which are very similar to Arabic letters.
yes they're like urdu letters.

here is the list of arabic letters : 28 letters :

these sites will help you learn the arabic alphabet and it's proununciation :
arabic alphabet
Funny tour about arabic alphabet
audio prounuciation of arabic letters

Masuma
06-19-2010, 04:26 PM
:awesome:YeAAAY!!!

Thanku thanku THANKU brother! :D

May Allah bless you so much!

Jazakamullahu Khair! :statisfie

Masuma
06-19-2010, 04:27 PM
And nobody better not be laughing at me!!! K?:raging:

:D

Masuma
06-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Brother, this one is like as if it's teaching a child with all colours and goodies and flying letters! Heehehe! But I actually loved it. :embarrass

But its all so difficult! :laugh: Why?!!! :yawn:

But still has to try! :(

oh, rhyming words...:D and yeah i'm getting insane ^o)

marwen
06-19-2010, 05:41 PM
^ lol from the first time, things may seem complicated : too much data at the same time lol ;D. But take your time and start things slowly and one by one, and you'll realise how easy arabic is.
Anytime you need help about understanding arabic I'll be happy to help, as well as many arabic speaking brothers and sisters here.

marwen
06-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Brother, this one is like as if it's teaching a child with all colours and goodies and flying letters! Heehehe! But I actually loved it. :embarrass
lol, yeah it's too childish, but it's useful, as a first start.

Masuma
06-19-2010, 06:02 PM
^ eeennn! oookay! :(

need prayers!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-19-2010, 06:49 PM
And nobody better not be laughing at me!!! K?:raging:

*Laughs at the sistah ;D* :p *Runns off before she grabs me* :-\

*Quickly comes back panting to say something*

So Yeah

*runs of again* :-\

Masuma
06-20-2010, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
*Laughs at the sistah ;D* :p *Runns off before she grabs me* :-\

*Quickly comes back panting to say something*

So Yeah

*runs of again* :-\

Oooooh! come here you!!! :raging:

CHAPATI! :D heheehe! Seriously I didn't know that till your post drew my attention towards it. LOL!

Yeah but no laughing business anymore... the whole Arabic thing is killing me. You know I found one course on peace tv urdu's website. It is also proving to be very helpful but I think this whole process gonna take me zillion years! :(

And mum has banned my any such Arabic courses! She says that if I'll insist on joining any Arabic classes, she gonna teach me a real unforgettable lesson...:scared: (didn't do that well in my exams, you see! :( )

But please sis, do pray for me. K?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Oh no you caught me :( you geek :( noo fair :(

lol anyways bak to planet earth lol :-\

Sure sis Alhamdulilaah sis will make dua for you.

So yeah

seek-paradise
06-20-2010, 07:44 PM
I think sisters I can help
If you can be togethered in a group and make a voice room in skype or something like that I can help you till you can read well and may write:statisfie (sure it is free)
may be one time a week if some sisters are interested I'll be happy to help anytime

seek-paradise
06-20-2010, 07:46 PM
wow very large font :hmm:

Masuma
06-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Annnn...! I really appreciate that but the thing is that my medical entry tests are near and mum says that I will have to leave the world aside and just focus on my studies! :(

seek-paradise
06-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Good luck An33za In shaa Allah ,whenever sisters need that can group and whenever I still have time I'll be happy to help

yahia12
06-20-2010, 09:39 PM
maybe find arab friends is good idea to, learn quickly :P

CosmicPathos
06-20-2010, 10:02 PM
live in an Arab country. Or join madrassah in Pakistan. That is the easiest way to learn Arabic.

Keep in mind though that most Arabs do not speak Fusha in their daily language. Fusha is classical Arabic which is used in the Quran.

Learning Arabic can be tough. It is one of the most complex languages grammatically. But it is also very beautiful. Good luck.

My Pakistani school made it compulsory to learn Arabic till grade 10 so I do know some. Another downside of going to British/foreign schools (A levels etc) in Pakistan! :P

Masuma
06-21-2010, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
live in an Arab country. Or join madrassah in Pakistan. That is the easiest way to learn Arabic.

Keep in mind though that most Arabs do not speak Fusha in their daily language. Fusha is classical Arabic which is used in the Quran.

Learning Arabic can be tough. It is one of the most complex languages grammatically. But it is also very beautiful. Good luck.

My Pakistani school made it compulsory to learn Arabic till grade 10 so I do know some.
Jazakamullahu Khair brother!

Thanks for the help!

jayrag123
06-28-2010, 05:05 PM
in my limitednuse of Arabic I woulf say the best way to learn is get a mp3 player and download hundreds of arabic conversations fror
arabicpod.net. this site has 100 of mp3 downloads for free.

I also use another audi cd course from Pimseleur east Arabic . What I try to do is listen to spoken Arabic for 4 hrs a day, iI have been avoiding msa classical grammer cause I don't feel new students need grammar

Hannah.
06-28-2010, 05:37 PM
During my father's stay for Hajj, he bought me an Arabic learning package.
The learning package consisted of 5 books/CDs and each of them constituted of 5 different levels:
Level 1 - For Beginners
Level 2 - Adjectives
Level 3 - Conversation
Level 4 - Grammar
Level 5 - Advanced (& Proverbs)

This package has been really useful for me; it may look displeasing and hard at first but if you learn a little bit day by day, you could grasp the whole language very quickly.

If you know anyone who is going to Saudi or perhaps any other Arabic-speaking country, you could ask them to get something similiar to what I have. You could also visit Islamic stores or certain expeditions near your location.. I'm sure they'll be able to provide you with some useful resources.

jayrag123
06-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Arabic is only difficult if you try to learn FuSHa which is classical arabic.
I believe the best way to learn arabic is to learn a popular dialect such as Syrian or Jordanian or even the Gulf dialect.
Most Arabics speak in a dialect anyway and don't understand fuSHA unless they are college educated. The average arab speaks in much simpler forms of arabic. If you just want to be able to travel and talk to Arabs then learn a dialect but if you want to read arab books and qur'an then you need to learn classical.

Masuma
06-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Asalamu Alikum Wr Wb!

Brother jayrag123 and brother/sister Believe.x!

Jazakamullahu Khair for responding and for the helpful advice! Really appreciate it all! :statisfie

My only purpose for learning Arabic was to understand Quran in a better way but as you people have pointed out, Quranic dialect (?) is Fusha, and it is really tough! imsad

But I'll still inshAllah try my best. Need your prayers! :)

Again thank you so much!

jayrag123
07-10-2010, 01:15 AM
The most important thing to do when learning arabic is to learn the ALPHABET in Arabic script.
Do not try to learn from teaching materials that use only transliterated arabic. All transliterated script is pure garbage.

On youtube they have many teaching videos just type in "learn arabic" or "learn arabic alphabet".

Learn to vocalize all the alphabets and learn to read the alphabet and learn what all the marks are for over the letters.

The great thing about arabic is that the sounds of the letters stays the same in all the positions in a word.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!