/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doing ikhfaa with a ta in Tajweed...

Umm Amatullah
06-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Asalamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I have come across a real big dillema because I have 2 teachers, one who is specific for giving me ijaza in tajweed and another who is teaching me for hifdh with tajweed. One teacher says that when doing ikhfaa' with a ta (E.g. Kuntu) the tongue should be all the way down, as the ta is too close to the articulation point of noon. The other says it needs to be near. Both say there can't be another opinion...so what is right and what isn't?

JazakumAllahu khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
06-22-2010, 09:35 AM
A sheikh from Jordon (who issues ijaazah) told us that for the taa (and the other 2 letters in that makhraj) it is correct to say it whilst actually touching the tongue to the point of articulation or without touching (but still keeping the tongue very close to the makhraj).

Does your hifdh teacher have ijaazah?

w/s

Umm Amatullah
06-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Actually, my hifdh teacher says to do it the way you have mentioned but my tajweed teacher (who has received an ijaza from her husband, a prominent shaykh...especially in Qur'an- he used to be the imam for the Jordanian royal family or something similar) says to do it below (as in put the tongue completely down). That's the confusion because both teachers are very good and have ijazah (not sure about my hifdh teacher, but I strongly assume she does)

أحمد
12-19-2010, 02:45 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Amatullah
Actually, my hifdh teacher says to do it the way you have mentioned but my tajweed teacher (who has received an ijaza from her husband, a prominent shaykh...especially in Qur'an- he used to be the imam for the Jordanian royal family or something similar) says to do it below (as in put the tongue completely down). That's the confusion because both teachers are very good and have ijazah (not sure about my hifdh teacher, but I strongly assume she does)
They're both teaching you different tajweed laws, which fall under separate ahruf. The correct one for the recitation, of Hafs bin Sulaimaan- is to articulate it close to the succeeding makhraj. Ask your teacher, for details on which harf she's teaching you.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!