/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jihad of the eyes during hot summer months.

Hannah.
06-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Assalamo'Alaikum everyone,
This post has been written from Dr. Hesham Hassaballa, and encourages those to fight his/her own desires during hot summer months.

' As temperatures soar and sweat pours down our faces this summer, it is essential to remember this: protect your eyes, and I am not talking about wearing sunglasses.

I'm talking about lowering our gazes.

It is in this instance, sourrounded by half-naked people, that we must have the courage to follow the command of Allah and His Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him) and lower our gazes.

Allah wishes for us not to commit this ugly sin, and thus He commands us to lower our gazes:

"Tell the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that will make for greater purity for them; And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do."

"And tell the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty…" (Quran 24:30-31).

Lowering the gaze does not mean keeping our eyes constantly on the ground and not looking up at all....It is turning our faces away when we see a less-than-decently dressed woman or man walking on the street in the middle of July.

A Muslim is decent and pure. This means all of his or her body must be decent and pure. A natural consequence of this is lowering the gaze.

Allah tells us: "O you who believe! Do not follow Satan’s footsteps: if any will follow the footsteps of Satan, he will command what is shameful and wrong..." (Quran 24:21).

Looking at another man or woman in an indecent manner is following in Satan’s footsteps. It all begins with a lustful glance. Such a glance leads to lustful talk and flirting, then meeting…and we are all aware of what comes next.
Let us stop Satan in his tracks and lower our gaze. Let us start today, during these hot summer months. Yes, it is very difficult and it takes discipline and faith. Yet, whenever we struggle to please Allah, He will reward us several times over in this life and the next.
It is truly a Jihad. But, it is a Jihad worth undertaking, and we will be all the better for it. '

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslimeen
06-23-2010, 07:23 AM
One of the most difficult of challenges I must say. Just about everywhere you go there is haraam taking place. I mean you can't open a magazine or newspaper or look at a billboard or go to a shopping mall, or just about any place without falling victim to Zina. Immorality is everywhere. It would be easier to live in the mountains in seclusion than amongst people.

yahia12
06-23-2010, 09:14 PM
i have seen close friends of mine infront of my eyes falling into this dirty act , and chaning into something i wasnt able to recognize, subhanAllah. be careful :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum. . .

SubhaanAllaah true@ sistah "Muslimeen".
To be honest living in the mountains is much more peaceful and the scenery is just truly amazing, rather than walking in this lame streets and seeying "Fake people"!
SubhaanAllaah living in the mountains would be truly awesome!

Jazakallahu Khaayr for this thread, a Good reminder and may individuals learn from this! Indeed

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!