/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some motivation

newtothis
06-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Asa-lam walaikum warahmutlah waba rakatuhu

First of all ill say that I don't have much knowledge in Islam.

The reason I write this is because of another incidence that occurred during a friday khutbah.
The khutbah was comparing Islam with other religions. The teacher (Imam) also compared the knowledge contributed by people of different religions. One thing I remember was that he compared different religions with the number of Noble Prizes people had won among them. He compared the population of Muslims to Jews ( a ratio of 117:1 Muslims-Jew). Then he compared them with their contribution (through knowledge/heroic act) in the world through the Nobel prizes. Jews, with a population of 12 Million have won 185 Nobel Prizes, whereas Muslims with a population of 1.4 Billion have won only NINE.
I know that Muslims in the beginning were far ahead of their times, and ahead of all others in the beginning until there was a war. But now, these kinds of statistics make me really sad, of how a few people can outsmart an entire army within minutes. I am not saying we are dumb, no. But we need to pick up, these guys are brave enough to kill innocent Muslims in front of us, even though there are more of us THAN THEM and all we can do is watch because they have more power AND they BELIEVE that Muslim countries will never join together again to fight back. Statistically, it is true, they ARE more powerful than any other Muslim country individually, and they have more powerful allies. This is why they go far below the line of human dignity and behave as savages when torturing innocent Muslims.

I don't want to be part of the crowd and watch this continue for years to come. It sickens me, but that doesn't mean I go and do the same thing, it will make me as bad as them. THAT IS NOT THE SOLUTION. God alone on one's side is the single greatest power. However, God is patient. Knowledge in this world is the one after (or if u can think of a better one). Therefore I decided, that inshallah, one day I will be one of the Nobel Prize winners. I highly encourage others to study hard with me, and win God on our side (through worship), for freedom, for the respect of the Islamic Nation, and to stop these kinds of massacres. The other reason that motivates me to study in depth is that, non-Muslims think violently of us, as if all we can bring to the world is violence. They think that we lack intelligence. People (terrorists [now days, they are mostly manipulated]) that call themselves Muslims and perform acts of violence, create a very wrong impression of Islam in the minds of non-Muslims, who in turn treat "real/true" Muslims negatively as if "they" were also as violent. I want to show the beauty of Islam so they don't continue to behave as the way the do now. But first a person must be recognized, for him/her to be heard around the world. This is where knowledge opens the door for many. I urge others to understand my point of view (because my English isn't that great, so you might have to read slowly to understand the meaning of each sentence) and seek knowledge.
I am not that smart as I used to be. Understanding simple contexts/ideas has been very difficult for me from the beginning, and the difficulty rises as I age. But, I still feel that I need to learn more, especially in the field of neuroscience, even though I have never taken it yet. I am the guy that stays up all night for a simple assignment, that others would complete in a matter of minutes, literally. My point is, you don't have to be very intelligent to pursue studying/knowledge. All you need is the right reason to seek knowledge. Inshallah as long as you have Allah on your side, you will do fine. Wining Allah is what I've been trying to do, and I will continue to do so until my last breath.
Inshallah, one day we may have a proud Muslim Nation once again. Aside from this, I suggest that all Muslim countries unite and run a a nation under the Islamic laws. The same laws that gave birth to a prosperous nation in history. The Muslim countries need to stand together and create a barrier to stop the crisis. A barrier that brings fear in its enemies.

A person seeking knowledge must still prioritize. Knowledge is precious, but God is almighty. (best one I could think of one right now).

If anyone thinks my reasons for learning is wrong, or if something else is wrong, please advise me, I apologize in advance, and Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!