/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Jinn & Ghosts

anonymous
06-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Salaam All,

Please could someone tell me the difference between the mentioned above?

JazakAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
06-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Jinns exist, ghosts don't.
Reality <-> fictitious.

anonymous
06-30-2010, 12:53 PM
I heard ghosts do exist...i have heard stories of people saying their water taps etc have randomly been opened etc -

Alpha Dude
06-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Jinns are a species that live in another kind of dimension. They have freewill and will be held to account on the day of judgement. Iblis was of the jinn.

They can see us, we can't see them. They can cross over and cause reactions in our world (e.g. poltergeist activity, possession etc).

Basically, most if not all spooky/mysterious events that do not have a rational explanation can be assumed to be caused by the jinn. Hence a 'ghost' that haunts is nothing but a mischevious jinn playing a trick.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
06-30-2010, 06:02 PM
sister,brother if you were to believe ghosts exist then it means you believe dead people roam the earth, astagfirallah because the non muslims believe an actual ghost is a dead person.

of course it is the jinn, they have the ability to do a lot of things so it is the jinn you'd want to be cautious of not the dead people whom are in there graves. jinns roam, graveyards and old abandoned houses and buildings, they love dirty places too. also do not play music in your home they love music too. always play the Qur'an recitation especially surah Al baqarah.

Woodrow
06-30-2010, 06:50 PM
The above posts have pretty well covered the subject. I find Jinn to be quite fascinating. The existence of them was initially difficult for me to accept when I reverted. Prior to reverting I thought they were mythological creatures a concept fostered by translations of "Stories from Thousand and One Nights" and giving us the Western idea of Genies.

However, they are real creatures very similar to humans in that they have free will. I doubt if anybody actually understands their purpose, but the creation of them is very logical in their being a sapient creation that is somewhere between the realm of the angels and Humans.

The more I learn about them the more I see the wonder and wisdom of Allaah(swt)

Hamza Asadullah
06-30-2010, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salaam All,

Please could someone tell me the difference between the mentioned above?

JazakAllah
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, jazkallah khayran for your question. Ghosts and Jinns are essentially the same thing. Non believers see them as ghosts because they have no other explanation of them but we know them to be Jinns. Jinns live in another dimension kind of like a parrallel universe to us. We are created as dense whereas they are made from fire so our eyes are not able to see them unless they come into our vision by becoming more dense. They have the ability to shift forms also.

They were the first creations and roamed the earth a long time before humans did. They caused much blood shed and war and Allah banished them barren areas of the earth when he created man. Iblis is also a Jinn who from his high status made it to the company of angels. That is why he was able to disobey Allah because he has free will like us.

Jinns have a wierd kind of behaviour very different from ours but of course there are good and bad Jinn but many more bad. They are more easily led astray than man and also have a very fiery temperament. When you hear of Jinn who come in the form of dead people then they are most likely to be the qareen of those dead people. Qareens are shaythan which accompany every human until death. They whisper evils and try to lead astray.

Jinn are also the most likely cause of UFO's because they hover across the skys in very fast speeds in balls of light. Most of the wierd unexplained activity can be traced to Jinn. They can also be controlled by conducting certain practices but these practices are haraam and those who practice it will not taste Paradise.

We must seek refuge from the evil of man and jinn always and we should always pray Ayatul Kursi and the four Quls morning and evening to remain protected from their evil.

and Allah knows best in all matters

abu_musab461
07-03-2010, 04:37 AM
Sometimes we forget that jinns can have off springs- children just like humans, and they are small and young and mischievous.

So sometimes a small child jinn does mischief like make silly noises in the house and we get scared thinking its something sinister where in fact its a child jinn messing about having fun.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Subhaan`Allaah!

space
02-13-2018, 02:13 PM
all the ghosts are the Jinns, but not all the Jinns are the ghosts, but Allah Knows best.. however, Allah Created the worlds (read the first ayat of surah al-Fatiha). The Universe is extremely big with many many many other dimensions, so big that beyond human imagination (My Lord is Great), and there could be other unknown creatures Created by Allah swt. Only 0.00001% was discovered the new discoveries out of 100% by researchers and scientists. This is nothing. Just imagine!

Allah Can create anything He wishes

He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "BE!" - and he was. [Noble Quran 3:59]

azc
02-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Ghost exist only in stories but jinn are real

cinnamonrolls1
02-13-2018, 09:24 PM
Ghosts are a fictious creature based on jinns.
Jinns are very much real

Misbah-Abd
02-13-2018, 10:32 PM
Ghosts are derived from the false belief that they are the souls of people that haven't rested in peace or are tormented. But as Muslims, we know that the souls of people are taken at death and after their ascension to the first heaven, they descend back down into theirs graves to face their questioning. The paranormal things that go on in houses and such are the mischievous jinns. I also think that the UFO sightings are more likely to be jinns since they live on this earth with us and have preceded man for however long that Allah Willed them to be here and they are much more ahead technologically than us. Perhaps they taught the ancient Egyptians how to build the pyramids, or assisted in the building of Stonehenge and Easter Island relics than nobody can figure out how they got arranged like that. And Allah Knows Best.

tawheed.sayyid
02-13-2018, 10:47 PM
This post has been really interesting. I am glad that I am able to discuss these things with you all. This forum is 100% genuine with my experience.

Desert
02-14-2018, 05:51 PM
jinn are the ghosts...

space
02-14-2018, 06:36 PM
^

and fruit is an apple

Desert
02-14-2018, 06:43 PM
hey I have seen live cups and glass dishes being thrown on the ground without any human force like a jinn

when i was at my mother in laws house i became afraid and recited ayat al kursi and they stopped the jinn

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!