/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Regarding "pairing"?

Dirt 101
07-01-2010, 08:07 PM
When mentioning God, why use (or, pair with) the masculine descriptor? Examples: He, His, etc.

Wouldn't that be an instance of pairing or joining and associating that exaulted, unique and one God with something definately of, or peculiar to, THIS world?

Attributes of God, such as: love, peace, compassion, wisdom... know no boundaries as far as gender is concerned; have nothing to do with characteristics of gender... are not a possibility or practice exclusive to either masculine or feminine gender.

Also, they are essentially and nearly exclusively, very human attributes... and not exclusive to God alone.

In any case, should not God stand alone, as it were? Neither of the East nor West, neither masculine nor feminine.

I would be interested to hear your replies...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
07-01-2010, 08:12 PM
It's just a way for us, as human beings, of referring to God in that particular tense; God is genderless.

جوري
07-01-2010, 08:40 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...about-god.html

Dirt 101
07-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Thank you for replies and especially the link.

Regarding what I wrote... Really, to think about it, I realize that God cannot "stand alone" (except as an abstract mental idea or dry conceptualization), because of... most essentially, God's living relationship with the living Human Being.

God may have some concern and some business with the entire universe, but it's me, in my life, who needs help the most!

The Human Heart longs for that Light, Peace and Fulfillment which is only possible and only given... firstly, through Grace, and subsequently... through one's consistent efforts to focus on God; to learn and to understand more and to experience
God in the only place of dwelling... within the living temple of this Human body. And, who can teach of this wonder? Who can teach of this mystery? It is definately not something I have invented or dreamed up!

Really, it is the Human Being who stands rather alone without Knowledge of God. Is this one reason for so many fortresses and defenses... and wars? Is this one reason for so many sects and conflicts and books and differing beliefs? Is this one reason for all the confusion? God didn't create our problems... we did.

The Sword of Wisdom cuts through all confusion... clouds part... the sun shines through.

And though the longing of the Heart is always present, until the longing Heart is set upon on the One Path leading to it's goal, Human Beings will automatically seek satisfaction through the pursuit of everything else, deriving only that limited satisfaction which finite means can provide.

Indeed, it is very possible to waste an entire life never listening to the small cry of one's Heart.

Most fortunately, One is listening. And that is why, again and again, He comes. I am not speaking of a time past.
I am only speaking of now. I am speaking of the eternal message and the true teaching.

Allow your steps to be guided so you may arrive in time because time is passing for us all...

First and foremost, remember the Supreme Miracle which is your Life... and remember Love. Have your door open... not to confusion, but to words of Wisdom... and go beyond words... His gift, so you may know Him. The message of Peace, at this time, all over the world. Every one of the six and a-half billion people need to hear it well... every single one of us, Brothers and Sisters.

To let you know a bit about it... this is my only reason for being here.

Seek him out in this world while you live. He will not be found in the grave...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Indeed we all seek the light of Allah swt, find our peace, purpose and fulfillment in his one and true religion Islam and guidance in his living inimitable word the Quran!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!