/* */

PDA

View Full Version : For new Muslims…be careful!!

waleedsss
07-03-2010, 02:34 AM
I am originally Muslim living in Egypt, and I want to clarify some things that may confuse new Muslims or non-Muslims who have a desire to embrace Islamic religion.
Islam should be taken from the original sources: Quran and the right Sunna, not by drawing a picture for it by looking to some contemporary Muslims.
We say that because we see some new Muslims who loss a good Model or example and really confused "who is the right man we should imitate him? This scholar or that??
Our great and real model is the prophet Mohammed peace be upon him far away the disagreements and paradox of our time. So observing Quran and Sunna is our choice in the light of prophet's companions understanding and good followers of them especially the first 3 centuries after the beginning of the prophecy.
We should dismay the creed of any people who pretend that they love Islam and in fact, they insult it like some sects: Ahmadia, shiaa and Qadiani .All are in the hell except one in the paradise…, which comprises of Prophet Mohammed peace be upon him and his companion and true followers to the Day of Judgment.
Also bad manners of some Muslims don't express anyway of Islamic manners.
A lot of new converter to Islam said:" thanks to Allah because we embraced to Islam, before we see bad behavior of some Muslims!"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
07-03-2010, 03:04 AM
jazakAllah for the reminder.

Indeed, those who follow Allah and his prophet pbuh with sincerity are the saved ones, by the will of Allah.

Raziah
07-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Alsalam alikum,

It is really good advice.
jazakAllah for sharing.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Jazakallahu Khaayr MashaAllaah

I.n.d.e.e.d

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibrahim_K
07-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Salam aleykum,

There's a reason why others hate ummah and islam: fundamentalism. Islaam needs to be reborned and become a part of the world community. Muslims in my country live segregated from swedish people, like christians, jews and atheists and start masjids in basements where they insult the west and propagate that it's the duty of every muslim to be shaheed. There's no question where the REAL problem is, namely those who distort islaam by secterian violence, suicide attacks, Hamas, al-Fatah, Hezbollah and the rest. Salaam should be the leading word for a real muslim. Itjihad is the duty of every muslim, and dogmatism should never take over, then it's not a way of life but fanaticism which always lead to destruction and war.

Rhubarb Tart
07-03-2010, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by waleedsss
I am originally Muslim living in Egypt, and I want to clarify some things that may confuse new Muslims or non-Muslims who have a desire to embrace Islamic religion.
Islam should be taken from the original sources: Quran and the right Sunna, not by drawing a picture for it by looking to some contemporary Muslims.
We say that because we see some new Muslims who loss a good Model or example and really confused "who is the right man we should imitate him? This scholar or that??
Our great and real model is the prophet Mohammed peace be upon him far away the disagreements and paradox of our time. So observing Quran and Sunna is our choice in the light of prophet's companions understanding and good followers of them especially the first 3 centuries after the beginning of the prophecy.
We should dismay the creed of any people who pretend that they love Islam and in fact, they insult it like some sects: Ahmadia, shiaa and Qadiani .All are in the hell except one in the paradise…, which comprises of Prophet Mohammed peace be upon him and his companion and true followers to the Day of Judgment.
A lot of new converter to Islam said:" thanks to Allah because we embraced to Islam, before we see bad behavior of some Muslims!"
Salam brother

Great advise

I feel as though your advise is also helpful towards "born" muslims in both muslims and non muslim country.

marwen
07-03-2010, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
I feel as though your advise is also helpful towards "born" muslims in both muslims and non muslim country.
Yes, indirectly. Hope we born muslims correct ourselves to reflect the correct image of Islam.

CosmicPathos
07-03-2010, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Azrael
Salam aleykum,

There's a reason why others hate ummah and islam: fundamentalism. Islaam needs to be reborned and become a part of the world community. Muslims in my country live segregated from swedish people, like christians, jews and atheists and start masjids in basements where they insult the west and propagate that it's the duty of every muslim to be shaheed. There's no question where the REAL problem is, namely those who distort islaam by secterian violence, suicide attacks, Hamas, al-Fatah, Hezbollah and the rest. Salaam should be the leading word for a real muslim. Itjihad is the duty of every muslim, and dogmatism should never take over, then it's not a way of life but fanaticism which always lead to destruction and war.
i love to be segregated from heathens.

Ibrahim_K
07-04-2010, 06:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
i love to be segregated from heathens.
Wa'salam aleykum,

Odd, I was borned up with a swedish culture and I am a swedish muslim, but I interact with the "heathens" and they respect my religion and its boundaries. It's best to work together, not against each others.

FS123
07-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Wa'salam aleykum,

Odd, I was borned up with a swedish culture and I am a swedish muslim, but I interact with the "heathens" and they respect my religion and its boundaries. It's best to work together, not against each others.
Yup!

FS123
07-04-2010, 08:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by waleedsss
That is true but text is not normally enough, real life role models are important too, because it is difficult to know what to do in current situation which living role models makes it easier to do. But the problem is finding the right one. For me Yusuf Islam is a very good role model to look up to.

syed_z
07-04-2010, 08:59 AM
the best way to follow a Muslim Role Model is ... compare his Life with the Seerah (Biography) of Muhammad (Saw)... take whatever is good in his life, and leave whatever seems against Islam or which if you would adopt, might make you disobey Allah (swt)...

Muslom
07-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Alsalamu Alaykum wa Rahmat Allah
Jazakum Allah khair and may Allah protect you and every Muslim in the world,
note to self and others: when you help the poor and weak feel better, surely Allah will help you feel better because the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him teaches us that ALLAH will take care of His slave as long as His slave take cares of his brother
كان الله في عون العبد ما كان العبد في عون اخيه )

kite runner
07-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Good advice it is confusing when you revert and hear so many stories about sects, scholars etc. but I would advise to buy a good biography of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and read the stories of his wives and companions, then you will get a good idea of a muslim character and not following some random person

CosmicPathos
07-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Wa'salam aleykum,

I am not sure if that is how Allah (swt) expects us to live life. Being segregated does not mean that I dont interact with them out of necessity. If you feel it is necessary for you to interact with them in order to live, I think that is your choice.

wsalam

kite runner
08-10-2010, 04:13 PM
mashallah good post

abuahmed
08-17-2017, 06:43 PM
Jazzak Allah Kheyr for the post,
So as you said it, the first step to be taken by either a born muslim who wants to repent and restart a new life based on islam, or a new revert muslim or anyone interested in islam, is to seek guidance from QURAN and Sunnah. And then What?
You know that QURAN and Sunnah should be understood , rightly understood, and you know very well that all these deviated sects or individuals refer, somehow, to some AYATES and some HADEETHs, so what is the next step that should be taken to righly understand QURAN and SUNNAH?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!