/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Virgins in Afterlife

Scorpian
07-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Is it true that muslims believe that when you die,if you`ve been good you get 40 virgins?
I heard someone say it years ago and dunno wether it`s true or not.

Cheers

Scorp

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ruk
07-07-2010, 06:32 AM
In the Name of Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

In Heaven (Paradise) every individual will be married. In the past in Arabia, some men practiced polygymy, had more than one wife. It was also the case that in other societies throughout the world people may have practiced polygyny or also had concubines or slept with prostitutes, because most men desired to have relations with attractive women other than their wives as well. Sometimes the wife at home was unhappy, and you know sometimes she just goes on strike, perhaps not enough money, love, etc, so men looked for relations in other places. In the nature of a man, having more than one woman is desired. Even among those that practice monogamy, many of these people had relations with others before they finally married. How many of these marriages are really "monogamous," when an individual lives in a promiscuous society and was in the previous habit of changing partners, is an entirely different debate.

In Islam, there are chaste maidens that occupy Heaven. They are humans. They nurture the infants and children that pass from this life and will wed the men that entire Heaven. Men will be married in Heaven whether that is to one woman or more, what the heart desires as it is said in the Qur'an about the rewards or life in Heaven, and the number is not limited to 40 (which to my knowledge I have never read or heard) or what some people have said of 72 women from Paradise. It may be less or more, whatever the Almighty Wills. He may increase the reward for whomever He Wills.

PS: I find the best way to learn about Islam is to read a lot of books, starting with the Qur'an and biography of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and then progressing, by learning the major theology such as belief in Allah, Purpose of Life, Angels, Previous Prophets, Day of Judgment, and Heaven and Hell. Then learn the rules and other parts of the religion such as religious practices.

I find the following sites helpful:

1) islamreligion (dot) com
2) thedeenshow (dot) com
3) islamqa (dot) com

And Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.

Ramadhan
07-08-2010, 05:04 AM
These are some articles I found on Islamqa and islamonline related to your query:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503546914

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...ah%2FLSELayout

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...EAskTheScholar

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/10053/paradise

Yahya4D
07-18-2010, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scorpian
Is it true that muslims believe that when you die,if you`ve been good you get 40 virgins?
I heard someone say it years ago and dunno wether it`s true or not.

Cheers

Scorp
You must consider too that you can either keep your existing wife or marry a different one if too many wives is not your taste.

Know this, there is NO IMPURITY in Heaven. Even if one of the rivers is wine, you wont get intoxicated when you drink from it.

So, since there is no impurity, you dont have intercourse like you would down here. Having that many wives might be granted but its not needed because you feel such pleasures even when you walk! There is no need for lust in Heaven. So maybe thats why it is said that you can have as many wives as you want because God knows you dont really need them anymore.

Salam,

Yahya

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!