/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Milestone

Scorpian
07-10-2010, 10:14 PM
;D:p:shade::D
I just past 100 pages in the Quran *scorp hears some sighs*;D.It may not sound like much to the muslims on here but to me it`s quite abig achievement.This is the furthest i`ve got with any religious book.I only read like 10 pages max of the bible;D then thought "what aload of rubbish" but the Quran is a joy to read,i agree with most of it.Though i must admit i do forget about the chapter before hehe,but my minds be busy lately.
Anyways thought i`d just share.

P.S I preyed again just now to Allah.:nervous:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
I didn't notice this post til now...

I hope you will keep reading and that Allah guides you and opens your heart to Islam. Ameen.

Rhubarb Tart
07-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Salam

well done bro

100 pages in old English or Arabic whatever which is an achievement. Sorry I just noticed it now too.

Ameen to dua.

Scorpian
07-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Thank you both i`m now on 227 pages and surah 4 :-D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
07-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Well done Carl, and good to see you back!

I hope you are finding guidance.

Peace.

Abdul Wahid
07-16-2010, 09:27 PM
:sl:

Well done. I'm glad you enjoy reading the Quran. Indeed it is the truth.

Keep it going and InshaALLAH you join the ummah.

kite runner
07-16-2010, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scorpian
;D:p:shade::D
I just past 100 pages in the Quran *scorp hears some sighs*;D.It may not sound like much to the muslims on here but to me it`s quite abig achievement.This is the furthest i`ve got with any religious book.I only read like 10 pages max of the bible;D then thought "what aload of rubbish" but the Quran is a joy to read,i agree with most of it.Though i must admit i do forget about the chapter before hehe,but my minds be busy lately.
Anyways thought i`d just share.

P.S I preyed again just now to Allah.:nervous:
mashallah i knw how u feel if felt great to say "i have read the whole quran" when i didnt even read 1/5th of the bible. Well done and keep seekng of knowledge :d

Scorpian
07-16-2010, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan
Well done Carl, and good to see you back!

I hope you are finding guidance.

Peace.
Hey II
I don`t know if i`m back for good yet.

tw009
07-17-2010, 05:45 AM
I pray to Allah that He guides you to Islam. InshAllah

Misz_Muslimah
07-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Well done Scorpian,
May Allah guide you to Islam and make you amongst the believers..

ayesha.ansari
12-22-2010, 08:17 AM
Quran is a Holy book. it has words of ALLAH, its true and a complete guide for each and every aspects of life.

Rafeeq
12-22-2010, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayesha.ansari
Quran is a Holy book. it has words of ALLAH, its true and a complete guide for each and every aspects of life
Agreed, but sis it was very late you posted here. She might have finished reading Quran by now :omg:

Salafi1407
12-22-2010, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
Agreed, but sis it was very late you posted here. She might have finished reading Quran by now :omg:
That shouldn't make a difference brother, what she said is still true.

younib
12-22-2010, 12:26 PM
congrats mate. inshallah u'll finish the Quran completely & feel more happy about it. May Allah accept ur du'a.just wanted to let u knw I think it's kinda bad to call the bible rubbish not b/c it's got mistakes but simply b/c it's got the name of prophet Isa [pbuh] in it & there are a few parts which are consistent wid the Quran. but anyways keep reading the Quran & also act upon it !

Woodrow
12-22-2010, 02:01 PM
I wish I had seen this thread earlier.

Yes, that is very much a milestone and I hope you come back to it with an update.

Aishath
12-22-2010, 03:14 PM
I only just noticed this myself. Well done! Keep it up and may Allah make things easy for you. Ameen.

Ramadhan
12-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Scorpian, i hope by now you have completed your reading of the Quran translation (I suspect it is qur'an translation, and not the Qur'an text itself).

I hope you find guidance, and if you do, I hope you learn to read/recite al Qur'an (in arabic).
You will find how beautiful, satisfying, and mesmerising when you do so, and it will give you much peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!