/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My dad hates me

lostconfusedsis
07-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi all,
My dad doesn't talk to me, he compares me to others in our family, always putting me and my husband down, I don't know if he does it on purpose or doesn't realise but many times I have got really upset as he treats me different to my other siblings!
I have spoken to him about it and he just laughs at me and says I'm stupid.
I love him to bits, but why does he hate me, everyday he upsets me, I don't know what to Do as I have tried talking to him. Any advice

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
buddy1
07-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Oh sweetheart, i dont think any parent could hate their child, no matter what they do. Maybe you could ask him if u could just go out for dinner spend some quality time together, i remember when i got married my dad felt like he had lost his little girl, we spent some time together and made him realise i would alway be his little girl and it made things better x

جوري
07-13-2010, 09:06 PM
agreed with Buddy.. how can a parent hate a child? it goes against the very nature of being a parent.. if he did he wouldn't have any semblance of a relationship with you, and would have abandoned you young.. sometimes people just come from different schools of thoughts.. believe me I not belittling what you are feeling and I think any number of us here can relate to it.. but we tend to see things from our own perspective using a monochromatic lens.. I'd say if you can't change your father, try to change the way you perceive the things that he does so that you can continue to love him to bits without resentment..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Alpha Dude
07-13-2010, 09:39 PM
says I'm stupid.
He says this in a playful way, right? If so, I think it's possible that you're being a tad bit oversensitive and reading into it things that aren't there. Just relax sister. Also take Lily's advice and change the way you view his actions. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rhubarb Tart
07-13-2010, 09:48 PM
I used to feel the same way about my father when I was a child. I used to think he loved my younger sister more than me. He used to praise her so much and levelled so much criticism at me. Trust me, your dad don’t hate you, in fact he probably acting that way because he wants more of you and doing out of love. I am the eldest of the girls and he wanted me to set an example...

Be patient with your dad sister..

Cabdullahi
07-13-2010, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
I used to feel the same way about my father when I was a child. I used to think he loved my younger sister more than me. He used to praise her so much and levelled so much criticism at me. Trust me, your dad don’t hate you, in fact he probably acting that way because he wants more of you and doing out of love. I am the eldest of the girls and he wanted me to set an example...

Be patient with your dad sister..
surprisingly a mild post on a male related thread from a staunch male hater wow

just kidding

__follower
07-18-2010, 04:01 AM
its sometimes what we think dats wrong, if u tend to think some1 hates u then u will automatically feel hatred feelings .
so try to change the way u think n everything will b fine

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!