/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Violence in videogames?

Looking 4 Hope
07-13-2010, 06:09 AM
What is the stance Muslims have on violent video games. I am currently looking for faith in something because i know there is a god somewhere. I am a very big computer gamer and it is one of my favorite things to do i wanted to know what does the Koran say about it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
07-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the forum, Looking 4 Hope,

Have a read of this link: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/97681/video%20games

Scorpian
07-16-2010, 09:12 PM
I know that it`s supposed to be haram to listen to music and such like that has horrible lyrics in,e.g about sex, violence guns etc.But i`d imagine, i mean if i was you i`d just play the games so long as you don`t reinact them,and you stay religious,and perhaps if you repent in like once each month, i can`t see the harm.I know from previous expereince that if i ain`t playing games etc then i`m bored and this to me leads to depression.

haseeb4
07-17-2010, 03:50 PM
The Holy Quran obviously does not directly mention anything about videogames but the word ‘Islam’ literally means peace. God and His Holy Prophet (peace be upon Him) never liked violence so I would suggest that you try and leave it for your own betterment. Nevertheless, I know plenty of Muslims who love to play violent videogames and they are very nice people. Playing violent videogames does not make you a non-believer or a bad person according to Islam but you should try and gradually leave anything unnecessary that takes you away from the remembrance of God as the Quran says: “Verily, in God’s remembrance do the hearts of men find their peace”
However, if you are really looking for faith, then you shouldn’t let something like videogames have any influence on your search for the true faith. Do your research, play your videogames, but don’t let them stop you from finding God. I guarantee that once you find God (and I sincerely hope you do) that you won’t need anything else.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yahya4D
07-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Hello,

Well, video games didnt exist when the Quran descended to us. I love playing video games too as well as MAKING THEM but be weary on how it promotes violence. It often leads to do other things like cursing, music OST, indecent exposure such as nudity like God of War on the mini games of Kratos doing bed acts with two women. Also, most modern games has methods of female models exposing their anatomy in a lustful sense. How can you play a game not knowing some woman figure will pop up in the story line? Think that would be a strong dislike if not forbidden to see women in video games as such.

However, I too catch myself playing Call of Duty or Battle Field knowing there are no female heroin or plotted story line involving women displaying their private parts. I dont really see something like Call of Duty or Battle Field Haram as long as you dont commit or replicate those actions in real life. In fact I think it is entirely okay because I recently played Call of Duty with Muslim scholars a few weeks ago and they had no problem with the video game. In fact, it was a good thing because it gathered the men to one room while the women were in another and we all had fun. Again, I think it is fine playing FPS, Mario type games and other types as long as there are no surprises in lustful female exposure, foul language, and ideas that migrate to violent actions in real life scenarios.

I hope that helps. By the way, Islam is great! I came from Christian background and Islam has so much preserved truth. If you study earnestly, you will know the truth about God and the full process of this life to the next.

Peace be with you,

Yahya

hamid14
08-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Obviously video games are just made for self-enjoyment. THey weren't created to commit acts of killing people and performing adultery. Plus not all games have nudity you know. I havent played any games with those.

MIL0
08-09-2010, 11:01 PM
:sl:
thnx for all this information guys. it helped me take one step closer to Allah.
its now in my head xD :hiding: i was so close to buying one of those GTA games lol they look fun. good thing i read this :)
:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!