/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feeling unsure my prayer will be accepted

DaughterofIslam
07-18-2010, 05:26 AM
Assalamu alikum wa rahmatullilah

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I have been suffering with intrusive thoughts and whisperings for a while now and recently during my prayers, and its getting to the point where my chest feels burned up in anxiety when Salah time comes because I am scared of the thoughts that will come to my mind when prostrating before Allah, astaghhfullilah.

I make the intention before the prayer and feel happy, then I will be bowing and a terrible thought will cross my mind and I am so scared that Allah hu akbar will punish me for it I remain in that state of fear trying to shut the thoughts out, and obviously the harder I try the more insistent the thought is until I just cry or panic completely thinking I am doomed and have commited an unforgiveable sin.

I feel bad after every prayer now, and am in a constant state of anxiety and doubt about my worship. I try to think its all in my mind, but I doubt even that. I am so scared of Allah's punishment, and I hate feeling like this when I used to enjoy salah so much.

My question is, am I still in the folds of Islam having never made any intention but to follow Allah and the din and love Him, even with these terrible thoughts (which I really am not going to divulge as they are abominable and I pray for Allahs forgiveness for them). How can I make repentance, and how can I make the thoughts stop?

Alhamdulliah, and jazakallah if anyone can help me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!