/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can I improve this Art piece?

Nájlá
07-22-2010, 03:42 PM
:sl:

Just did this today.... But theres something about it that doesn't look right. But i don't know what it is. Does it need improving? and how do I imporve it? =)

sorry about the big size :/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
07-22-2010, 04:04 PM
:sl:

It is actually quite lovely and most people will not see anything wrong with it. The only thing I see needed is a companion piece on the right hand side. The eye on yours are directed to the right edge after which there is nothing and that leaves a feeling of being incomplete. Do a similar piece but basically a mirro image diecting to the left. This would add the completion I believe you are noticing as missing.

When the eye of a painting is drawn to any point except the near center, It leaves a feeling that something needs to be added. This can be accomplished with doing a companion piece.

PouringRain
07-22-2010, 04:46 PM
I noticed the same thing about the eye being drawn to the right. I almost didn't notice the flower on the far left at all. There was another thing, though, and I don't know if this was your intention or not, but to me it seemed as though the flowers were bleeding and there is blood spatter on the background. If this was your intention, then the problem that I see is that blood from the flowers is too inauthentic looking. The blood spatter is quite good on the background. The bleeding flowers is too pale and flat. It needs maybe a deeper hue where it comes off the flowers. But if the blood was not you intention, then just ignore me. :)

Tony
07-22-2010, 04:50 PM
looks good to me

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
07-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback.... and thanks tony welcome back btw.

The only thing I see needed is a companion piece on the right hand side. The eye on yours are directed to the right edge after which there is nothing and that leaves a feeling of being incomplete. Do a similar piece but basically a mirro image diecting to the left. This would add the completion I believe you are noticing as missing.
Now that you've mentioned it, it does look incomplete. But I've ran out of wood so can't make another one to go with it.

But what if I bring the stems down like the other flowers for the right edge flower and the lift edge flower?

There was another thing, though, and I don't know if this was your intention or not, but to me it seemed as though the flowers were bleeding and there is blood spatter on the background. If this was your intention, then the problem that I see is that blood from the flowers is too inauthentic looking. The blood spatter is quite good on the background. The bleeding flowers is too pale and flat. It needs maybe a deeper hue where it comes off the flowers. But if the blood was not you intention, then just ignore me. :)
Yeh that was my intention, but its not blood but more like dripping flowers... (If the flowers were blue, i'd still would have done it this way) But your right the red dripping from the flowers is too pale and flat. Ok I'll fix that :)

Snowflake
07-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Ohhh mashaAllah it's beautifulll sis :)

I dont see anything wrong with it

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!