/* */

PDA

View Full Version : women leadership

Ummu Sufyaan
07-23-2010, 01:53 AM
:sl:
i have been contemplating something about (non-Muslim) women leadership in the past. like in the 1800's/Victorian era i would like to know why and how women becuase leaders (queens, Governoress ) considering that those eras women used to be treated not like they are today and i doubt they were allowed to work except what was traditionally known for a female to do, such as sewing, maids, etc.

to me a woman being in leader back then is a huge contradiction which seems out of place?

an ideas?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
07-23-2010, 02:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
to me a woman being in leader back then is a huge contradiction which seems out of place?
an ideas?
hmm.. I can see the contradiction too. In that period women were treated in a bad way. But in that period of time, there were also something called "Social Classes". Maybe inside the same social class, a women is considered inferior to a man. But a women from a higher class is considered better than a man from a lower class. If a king has no sons, and has only daughters, then his daughter (a women) is more likely to be a leader instead of a man from a lower class. This is only my personal reasoning, may be there is other reasons, I may be wrong.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!