/* */

PDA

View Full Version : WiTricity : or Wireless Electricity

marwen
07-30-2010, 07:44 PM
See this video :
http://www.ted.com/talks/eric_giler_...ectricity.html

A very practical solution for mobility.
Theoretically, it's safe : no radiation (like mobile phone signals), it's just a power transfer using a magnetic field. But a number of potential dangers/disadvantages may be found in the future I think.

But I think it's a great Idea.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Ooh sounds geeky i dunno

I have wireless Internet :-\

lol it made me laugh when he said "Wires suck" :-\ geek

marwen
07-30-2010, 07:50 PM
^ yeah ;D, but I agree with him ; wires are annoying

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-30-2010, 07:52 PM
I agree they are annoying im just waiting for the part when he says that
He speaks too much SubhaanAllaah and i am listening i have no idea what hes saying its too Scientistological :-\ or big worded in my wording :-\

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Wow MashaAllaah thats kool, when he makes the small screen turn on wirelessly just by waving it around the Big Tv screen thingy
Jazakallahu Khaayr for sharing

أحمد
07-30-2010, 08:05 PM
:sl:

Its nothing new; toothbrushes and computers have been using this technology for at least 10 years.

:wa:

marwen
07-30-2010, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by {A}

Its nothing new; toothbrushes and computers have been using this technology for at least 10 years.

May be it's not new (i dunno), but I never saw it in computers or toothbrushes, can you give examples brother ?

أحمد
07-30-2010, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen

May be it's not new (i dunno), but I never saw it in computers or toothbrushes, can you give examples brother ?

Power transceivers in PSUs.

Dagless
07-30-2010, 09:17 PM

Those work at very close range. Real wireless power should be available anywhere in the home.

marwen
07-30-2010, 09:25 PM

Power transceivers in PSUs.

hmm ok. I never saw them before, I thought these automatic toothbrushes (i never used them) work only on batteries, but it seems they can be wireless, but there must be a transmitter somewhere plugged in the sector no?
concerning PCs, is that a component we can add to PCs ? because they don't exist in ordinary ones

Dagless
07-30-2010, 09:32 PM

hmm ok. I never saw them before, I thought these automatic toothbrushes (i never used them) work only on batteries, but it seems they can be wireless, but there must be a transmitter somewhere plugged in the sector no?
concerning PCs, is that a component we can add to PCs ? because they don't exist in ordinary ones
They do work on batteries, there is no such thing as a wireless power toothbrush commercially I am aware of. He means the actual charging process is via induction. This occurs in quite a few things and although it is 'like' wireless electricity, its not the same as the link you posted in terms of range, efficiency, and power.

marwen
07-30-2010, 09:42 PM
^ Ok, thx Bro Dagless for the clarification.

أحمد
07-30-2010, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
They do work on batteries, there is no such thing as a wireless power toothbrush commercially I am aware of. He means the actual charging process is via induction. This occurs in quite a few things and although it is 'like' wireless electricity, its not the same as the link you posted in terms of range, efficiency, and power.

Look for Oral B Vitality; cheaper £15 range charges on wireless charging technology and it doesn't take batteries.

marwen
07-30-2010, 09:49 PM

Look for Oral B Vitality; cheaper £15 range charges on wireless charging technology and it doesn't take batteries.

do you mean they have a built-in battery inside them ? (if not why do they need charging ?)

أحمد
07-30-2010, 09:59 PM

do you mean they have a built-in battery inside them ? (if not why do they need charging ?)

They work on capacitors, which cancel's out the need for batteries.

Many circuit boards work use capacitors instead of batteries.

marwen
07-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Ok, that makes sense. But the video talks about a little bit different method : you don't have to charge the device and then use it, you have a magnetic power field in the house and your devices will work continuously as if they were plugged in the power jack with wires.

Dagless
07-30-2010, 10:10 PM

They work on capacitors, which cancel's out the need for batteries.

Many circuit boards work use capacitors instead of batteries.

You're saying that the toothbrush works using only capacitors and contains no battery? I don't know how far capacitors have come but to my knowledge the capacitor would be bigger than the toothbrush if that's all it used.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!