/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this Shirk?

Darth Ultor
07-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Suppose somebody put his bank account or success in his career before God to the point where he becomes obsessed with it;is that the same as setting up a partner with God?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
07-31-2010, 02:12 PM
no thats just getting your priorities wrong

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Well yes because nothing should come before your creator, he is your Creator why would you put anything before him , he created you and he will take your life!

If money comes first then it is sort of like saying God doesnt come first hope that makes sense inshaAllaah. However i am indeed in no possition to answer this as i think its best you ask someone who has more knowledge about this issue indeed.

But i quite dont get what you mean by putting your success and bank account before God? Do you mean as in you wil gain success by putting your account before God or are you saying you doing in favour that God will help you be successful? InshaAllaah i make sense and if not someone will give you better advice

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

Darth Ultor
07-31-2010, 04:57 PM
In my opinion, it kinda is. Even if they don't think it, they put their financial gain before God.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
07-31-2010, 06:52 PM
I think it is. You know, when you disobey Allah (missing prayer, doing haram) just to obey your desires to make more money, I think you're worshipping money in stead of Allah.

Everyone who puts following his own desires before obeying his Lord has gone beyond the bounds of ‘Uboodiyyah (enslavement to Allaah) and has deviated from the Straight Path. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Doomed is the slave of the dinar, doomed is the slave of the dirham, doomed is the slave of fine cloth and doomed is the slave of velvet. If he is given something he is pleased and if he is denied, he is angry. Doomed is he! If he is pierced by a thorn, may he never be able to remove it.”
source : islamQA

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!