/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suhur (Light pre-dawn meal)

sabr*
08-04-2010, 01:00 PM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

I didn't want to ruin the beautiful thread created by 'Abd-al Latif The Official Ramadan Thread. Ramadan 1431 A.H/August 2010 because this thread included a question and that thread provides more of a how to fast.

The Suhur is a light pre-dawn meal eaten no later than ten minutes before Fajr. (My lifetime practice)

That being understood is there anyone that has a different practice?

Has anyone experienced Muslims eating or drinking after fajr prayer? Now keep in mind what is in the Quran. I always understood that as a guide to the latest time frame to eat suhur as if someone woke up late, etc.

My practice is once the intention is made for fasting, eats suhur, performs fajr salat, the fast begins.

Surah Al Baqarah 2:187

187. It is made lawful for you to have sexual relations with your wives on the night of As-Saum (the fasts). They are Libas [i.e. body cover, or screen, or Sakan, (i.e. you enjoy the pleasure of living with her - as in Verse 7:189) Tafsir At-Tabari], for you and you are the same for them. Allah knows that you used to deceive yourselves, so He turned to you (accepted your repentance) and forgave you. So now have sexual relations with them and seek that which Allah has ordained for you (offspring), and eat and drink until the white thread (light) of dawn appears to you distinct from the black thread (darkness of night), then complete your Saum (fast) till the nightfall. And do not have sexual relations with them (your wives) while you are in I'tikaf (i.e. confining oneself in a mosque for prayers and invocations leaving the worldly activities) in the mosques. These are the limits (set) by Allah, so approach them not. Thus does Allah make clear His Ayat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, revelations, verses, laws, legal and illegal things, Allah's set limits, orders, etc.) to mankind that they may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2).

(Muhammad Muhsin Khan translation)

That is why I didn't include it in the official thread.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sabr*
08-04-2010, 07:53 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 10, Number 549:

Narrated Anas:

Zaid bin Thabit said, "We took the "Suhur" (the meal taken before dawn while fasting is observed) with the Prophet and then stood up for the (morning) prayer." I asked him how long the interval between the two (Suhur and prayer) was. He replied, 'The interval between the two was just sufficient to recite fifty to Sixth 'Ayat."
__________________________________________________ ________________
Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 10, Number 550:

Narrated Qatada:

Anas bin Malik said, "The Prophet and Zaid bin Thabit took the 'Suhur' together and after finishing the meal, the Prophet stood up and prayed (Fajr prayer)." I asked Anas, "How long was the interval between finishing their 'Suhur' and starting the prayer?" He replied, "The interval between the two was just sufficient to recite fifty 'Ayat." (Verses of the Quran)."
__________________________________________________ _________________
Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 10, Number 551:

Narrated Sahl bin Sa'd:

I used to take the "Suhur" meal with my family and hasten so as to catch the Fajr (morning prayer) with Allah's Apostle.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!