/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I still fast?

Rami88
08-12-2010, 03:44 AM
For the past few months I have been getting dehydrated easily. I would drink a glass of juice but 20 minutes later I will feel thirsty again. I also often wake up in the night to have a drink because my throat gets really dry.

I will fast today inshallah but if I feel desperate for a drink what should I do?

p.s. No I haven't seen a doctor. I don't trust them. :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Vigno
08-12-2010, 06:27 AM
Asalamu Alekum

Dear brother you can't break your fast unless you have a disease that really can cause a risk on your life if you fast and Allah knows best. So you SHOULD go to a doctor and a proper one to see if you are really having a disease. And you know, feeling more thirsty is a gift, you know why? Because you feel thirsty for Allah, so how beautiful and wonderful that is. Therefore, I advice you to NOT break your fast unless you really get proof of it being deadly to you, in that case you are not allowed to fast.

ابن آل مرة
08-12-2010, 06:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rami88
For the past few months I have been getting dehydrated easily. I would drink a glass of juice but 20 minutes later I will feel thirsty again. I also often wake up in the night to have a drink because my throat gets really dry.

I will fast today inshallah but if I feel desperate for a drink what should I do?

p.s. No I haven't seen a doctor. I don't trust them. :(
The only time you can break your fast is when you are travelling, or extremely ill. Be patient and ask Allah to grant you to strength.

Muslim Woman
08-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Salaam bro

as already advised , do fast . Break it if u feel really sick .

And Allah Knows Best.

BTW. as long as we don't have alternate for doc , do consult a Muslim doc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
أحمد
08-20-2010, 06:43 PM
:sl:

Drink plenty of water; avoid juices (or at least cut down on them), especially those with high sugar contents. Its possible the juices you drink contribute to dehydration, in fact its more than likely.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!