/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What did you Eat for Iftar 'Thread'

Abdul Wahid
08-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Post on this thread what you will eat during Iftaari.

I'll start off. Rice on the menu today.

I think there maybe pakores too.

Hour and a half to go InshaALLAH

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Vigno
08-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Asalamu Alekum

Well I ate a little macaroni and two small pieces of chicken with some salad and drank mango juice =)

Insecured soul
08-13-2010, 08:17 AM
i would only eat fruits and liquid, i can never eat rice in iftaar

Xx.Cherries.xX
08-13-2010, 12:10 PM
hmm... yesterday i had yellow dates, water,samosas, soup,chick pea salad,sweetcorn, and drank guava juice ;)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Masha`Allaah great thread

but i recommend those whom are fasting stay away from this geeky thread

I had this and that : D

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

syed_z
08-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Well i eat food in Aftar... and then im good , then i don't eat afterwards :)

Abdul Wahid
08-14-2010, 05:33 PM
About 2 hours to go.

No activity taking place in the kitchen.

Its a worrying development.

tango92
08-14-2010, 06:28 PM
^lool

luckily i have a sister and a mum to cook 4 me.

but it looks like its gonna be leftovers from yesterdays leftovers today :hmm:

Abdul Wahid
08-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Breaking News

Plenty of action in the kitchen now.

Mum and 2 sisters preparing kebabs. Plenty of fruit and salad on show.

Looks like roti and a chicken dish

more to follow

Xx.Cherries.xX
08-14-2010, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Wahid
Breaking News

Plenty of action in the kitchen now.

Mum and 2 sisters preparing kebabs. Plenty of fruit and salad on show.

Looks like roti and a chicken dish

more to follow
hmm thats worrying...shouldn't u be reading quran or something instead of watching your family make KEBABS???? somebodys hungry lol...;D

Snowflake
08-15-2010, 12:16 AM
I had iftari at my brother's house. We had kebabs, samosas, roast chicken, chicken pilaw and juice. Oh and fresh cream cake followed by tea. It sounds a lot but everything was tiny.

Hannah.
08-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Samosas, pakoras & chaat all the way :shade: Although I need to restrain on this as some of my jeans don't fit me anymore imsad

Woodrow
08-20-2010, 01:44 PM
:sl:

Iftar in our house looks very empty as there is just my wife and myself. Both older with health problems and very poor appetites along with diet limitations.

Iftar last night is fairly typical of what we have every Iftar. Three dates each (Wal-mart in Fargo had Medijool dates, we stocked up last week), a glass of water.

Aabidah had her can of Ensure, I made myself something small and light. Last night it was a salad made with greens I had picked with a yogurt cucumber dressing, A filet of Salmon we had in the freezer that I broiled in the stove, and kubz that I made. Followed by a cup of coffee each, mine black Aabidah's with a little milk and "Sweet & Low"

A little food to eat, good conversation and listening to a Quran recitation on the cd player is a very good Iftar for 2 older Muslims.

Life_Is_Short
08-20-2010, 01:49 PM

Pizza. :)

tango92
08-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Pancakes mm hmmm

actually they were horrible, i had to make it up at suhoor :exhausted

Cabdullahi
08-20-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm planning on making my world class chapati's

Vigno
08-20-2010, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Iftar in our house looks very empty as there is just my wife and myself. Both older with health problems and very poor appetites along with diet limitations.

Iftar last night is fairly typical of what we have every Iftar. Three dates each (Wal-mart in Fargo had Medijool dates, we stocked up last week), a glass of water.

Aabidah had her can of Ensure, I made myself something small and light. Last night it was a salad made with greens I had picked with a yogurt cucumber dressing, A filet of Salmon we had in the freezer that I broiled in the stove, and kubz that I made. Followed by a cup of coffee each, mine black Aabidah's with a little milk and "Sweet & Low"

A little food to eat, good conversation and listening to a Quran recitation on the cd player is a very good Iftar for 2 older Muslims.
Mashallah, so simple and wonderful, everyone should take it as an example

Vigno
08-20-2010, 02:23 PM
As for me, I usually break my fast with 3 dates and water in the Masjid and then when am home, I take a little of what my mother or sisters cooked and I make sure I don't eat till I am full, just enough to go on, then eat a little something sweet then am reading for Taraweeh =)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!