/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is ramadan like in your family??

Xx.Cherries.xX
08-13-2010, 12:28 PM
:sl: what's
ramadhan like in your family?
ok, i'll start:
wake up for suhoor around 3:30 am and have something to eat, ten wait for subh prayer and go back to sleep. Get up around 12:00-1:00 and read some quran before praying dhuhr prayer, read a book/watch tv or go on li before preparing iftar. Pray asr. Talk with family-take a nap. Wake up just before maghrib and EAT!-then pray;D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd Al-Maajid
08-13-2010, 02:34 PM
You are sleeping a lot...It is not recommended to sleep that much...you are wasting your time... Wait, you are being sarcastic, right?

Xx.Cherries.xX
08-13-2010, 03:15 PM
yeah, i am, i actually pray, and read some more quran...;D

Xx.Cherries.xX
08-13-2010, 03:19 PM
no, seriously

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
08-13-2010, 04:00 PM
To be honest its not much different from other days.

We pray, read, spend time together.

The beautiful parts are iftar and sehri.

Assalamu Alaikum

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum^I agree

my day day starts geeky and ends geeky :-\
I dont sleep much, i just seem to wake up late :-\ Alhamdulilaah tho i get enuff sleep as prescribed inshaAllaah
Ramadhaan in my house is good ofcourse and fun i enjoy the feeling you have during the month of Ramadhaan which you usually dont have after Ramadhaan. When Ramadhaan leaves its like something or someone left its quite upsetting but what i dislike is when some people go back to their own ways.

So yeah

Wa`Alaaaykum Salaam

Xx.Cherries.xX
08-13-2010, 11:43 PM
hmm... you all have very exciting ramadhan days.. :exhausted jk...

Woodrow
08-14-2010, 12:28 AM
:sl:

I would say quiet, very quiet. A time of deep thought and to reflect back upon the sins of the past year and setting forth plans not to repeat them.

A time to think and pray,
looking out upon the blessings of each day.

Twenty eight days of self fasting,
To help make needed changes lasting.

A most blessed month of sacrifice,
That as payment for our sins will never suffice.

A time to use our past to guide us to go forward,
a time when what we gain is filled with reward.

Ramadan a time to give up indulgence and greed,
Ramadan a time we all need.

Vigno
08-14-2010, 04:05 AM
Asalamu Alekum

Unfortunately what happens in many homes including mine is laziness and waste of time...Ramadan is not an obstacle or a burden but rather Allah swt brought it to us for our sake, to give us a chance to get closer, ask for forgiveness and get more good deeds yet we spend it sleeping and eating, pity...
Lets change that shall we, from today, lets spend time praying and reading Quran and dhikr and sadaqat if possible and helping others and anything else useful inshallah. Of course we have to sleep also, but manage it and avoid sleeping at makruh times like after asr.
Increasing the saying of "la hawla wa la kuwata ila bilah" boosts our power like no other inshallah.
Forgive me if am getting a little off the question asked in the topic but I just want the best for all muslims so please let us make this Ramadan a start of what is better, for who knows, this might be our last Ramadan...

Jazakum Allah khiir

Maryan0
08-14-2010, 04:57 AM
^Nice post
In my house we're pretty good at the ibadah aspect. We attend tarweeh at the masjid everyday. I suppose we just need to tone down the food. I've made the observation that alot of the time we make richer foods during Ramadan than we do at other times.
Salam

Vigno
08-14-2010, 05:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
^Nice post
In my house we're pretty good at the ibadah aspect. We attend tarweeh at the masjid everyday. I suppose we just need to tone down the food. I've made the observation that alot of the time we make richer foods during Ramadan than we do at other times.
Salam
Asalamu Alekum

Alhamdulilah its quite nice to know your family is good at ibadah but yes decreasing food eaten would be better, also eating less before taraweeh helps make it more enjoyable inshallah ^. Last point of yours is quite true, in fact am getting to eat salad in Ramadan, I keep complaining all year about my family not preparing salad, perhaps thats coz hunger causes creativity.

Jazakum Allah khiir
Wa alekum as salam

Xx.Cherries.xX
08-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Brother Woodrow, that's a great poem...did u just make that up???:p

Xx.Cherries.xX
08-14-2010, 10:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vigno
Asalamu Alekum

Unfortunately what happens in many homes including mine is laziness and waste of time...Ramadan is not an obstacle or a burden but rather Allah swt brought it to us for our sake, to give us a chance to get closer, ask for forgiveness and get more good deeds yet we spend it sleeping and eating, pity...
Lets change that shall we, from today, lets spend time praying and reading Quran and dhikr and sadaqat if possible and helping others and anything else useful inshallah. Of course we have to sleep also, but manage it and avoid sleeping at makruh times like after asr.
Increasing the saying of "la hawla wa la kuwata ila bilah" boosts our power like no other inshallah.
Forgive me if am getting a little off the question asked in the topic but I just want the best for all muslims so please let us make this Ramadan a start of what is better, for who knows, this might be our last Ramadan...

Jazakum Allah khiir
yeah.. jazak alla khair brother, i think that was much needed... some people do just focus on what they eat after fasting,and don't 'have time' to pray and praise allah, i think thats a shame, really... :-{

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!