/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I be fasting with migraine?

Rhubarb Tart
08-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Salam

I have not started my Ramadan yet probably starting next week or this weekend. This year my migraine got worse. I can’t even stand up straight, can’t even make a cup of tea. These things were what I used to be able to do with my migraine. And the migraine is getting frequent. What should I do? Am I allowed to fast? What does Islam say about this, please provide evidence.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
08-13-2010, 09:22 PM
:sl:
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/38040/ramadan%20migraine

If the migraine makes it too difficult for her to fast, then it is permissible for her not to fast, and she should make up the days that she missed after Ramadaan.

If this migraine is continuous and she cannot make up the fasts, then she should feed one poor person for each day that she did not fast.

And Allaah knows best.

:wa:

جوري
08-13-2010, 10:06 PM
I tell you as a migraine sufferer since childhood, that all you need is but ask Allah swt sincerely to make your fast easy for you.. Every time I wonder how I'll make it through a particularly difficult day, I simply ask Allah swt to yi3eeni, ya Allah ya most3an get me through this day.. I find it difficult to eat/drink or work with a migraine, you have a few options, speak with your GP and get migraine prophylaxis if you get migraines more than 3x a month or simply take a 1000mg ASA as soon as you feel one coming on, that is if you have a 'classic migraine' with an aura which is a prelude for things to unfold, then take it right there and then.. I haven't had to break my fast yet because of a migraine wal7mdlillah..I think you can do it but you know best your body and their are allowances that Allah swt has made available if you feel the need to use them..

:w:

cat eyes
08-13-2010, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
I tell you as a migraine sufferer since childhood, that all you need is but ask Allah swt sincerely to make your fast easy for you.. Every time I wonder how I'll make it through a particularly difficult day, I simply ask Allah swt to yi3eeni, ya Allah ya most3an get me through this day.. I find it difficult to eat/drink or work with a migraine, you have a few options, speak with your GP and get migraine prophylaxis if you get migraines more than 3x a month or simply take a 1000mg ASA as soon as you feel one coming on, that is if you have a 'classic migraine' with an aura which is a prelude for things to unfold, then take it right there and then.. I haven't had to break my fast yet because of a migraine wal7mdlillah..I think you can do it but you know best your body and their are allowances that Allah swt has made available if you feel the need to use them..

mashallah your very strong sister. i admire it :)

May Allah reward you ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
08-13-2010, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes

mashallah your very strong sister. i admire it :)

May Allah reward you ameen.
wa eyakoum, jazaki Allah khyran.... but I am nothing to admire believe me..

Rhubarb Tart
08-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Salam

Thanks for the advices and the link. I am thinking of just fasting but I am going to see my GP this week Monday for further information and his advise.

Hamza Asadullah
08-19-2010, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
Salam

Thanks for the advices and the link. I am thinking of just fasting but I am going to see my GP this week Monday for further information and his advise.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb my sister i just thought i would ask how your fasting is going?

Snowflake
08-19-2010, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
Salam

Asslamu alaykum dear sis,

You can try taking a migraine pill just before closing your fast, but don't make it a habit. The migraines will disappear after a few days as your body adjusts to eating differently. Migraines can also be caused by suddenly reducing caffienated drinks (withdrawla symptoms). Also try to eat more protein at suhoor, as it doesn't cause your blood sugar to fluctuate and then dip like simple carbs do. Avoid too salty food at suhoor as you will feel thirsty after closing your fast. Don't drink too much water despite what scientists say, and cut down on tea/coffee and totally quit fizzy drinks. Fizzy drinks are poison. May Allah grant you good health and a speedy recovery. Ameen : )

Rhubarb Tart
08-20-2010, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb my sister i just thought i would ask how your fasting is going?
:sl:

The GP said it okay for me to start fasting. But he advise to break my fast once i felt it coming. But so far I fasted two days, and it hasn't come yet. The Gp also advise as usual about my diet.

Rhubarb Tart
08-20-2010, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Asslamu alaykum dear sis,

You can try taking a migraine pill just before closing your fast, but don't make it a habit. The migraines will disappear after a few days as your body adjusts to eating differently. Migraines can also be caused by suddenly reducing caffienated drinks (withdrawla symptoms). Also try to eat more protein at suhoor, as it doesn't cause your blood sugar to fluctuate and then dip like simple carbs do. Avoid too salty food at suhoor as you will feel thirsty after closing your fast. Don't drink too much water despite what scientists say, and cut down on tea/coffee and totally quit fizzy drinks. Fizzy drinks are poison. May Allah grant you good health and a speedy recovery. Ameen : )
Thanks I trying to avoid all those things. I mostly like soft drink like mango. :statisfie

Ameen

Snowflake
08-20-2010, 10:46 PM
^MashaAllah you fasted ukhti :statisfie Al hamdulillah.. may Allah reward you abundantly for struggles and hardships. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!