/* */

PDA

View Full Version : حكم قول رمضان كريم

*Maysun
08-15-2010, 01:40 PM

سئل فضيلة الشيخ ابن عثيمين ـ رحمه الله تعالى ـ‏:‏

حينما يقع الصائم في معصية من المعاصي وينهى عنها يقول‏:‏ ‏‏رمضان كريم‏‏ فما حكم هذه الكلمة‏؟‏ وما حكم هذا التصرف‏؟‏
فأجاب فضيلته بقوله‏:‏

حكم ذلك أن هذه الكلمة ‏‏رمضان كريم‏‏ غير صحيحة

وإنما يقال‏:‏ ‏‏رمضان مبارك‏‏ وما أشبه ذلك، لأن رمضان ليس هو الذي يعطي

حتى يكون كريماً، وإنما الله تعالى هو الذي وضع فيه الفضل، وجعله شهراً

فاضلاً، ووقتاً لأداء ركن من أركان الإسلام، وكأن هذا القائل يظن أنه لشرف

الزمان يجوز فيه فعل المعاصي، وهذا خلاف ما قاله أهل العلم بأن السيئات تعظم

في الزمان والمكان الفاضل، عكس ما يتصوره هذا القائل، وقالوا‏:‏ يجب على

الإنسان أن يتقي الله عز وجل في كل وقت وفي كل مكان، لاسيما في الأوقات

الفاضلة والأماكن الفاضلة، وقد قال الله عز وجل‏:‏ ‏{‏ يا أيها الذين آمنوا كتب

عليكم الصيام كما كتب على الذين من قبلكم لعلكم تتقون ‏******‏ فالحكمة من

فرض الصوم تقوى الله عز وجل بفعل أوامره واجتناب نواهيه، وثبت عن النبي

صلى الله عليه وسلم أنه قال‏:‏ ‏‏من لم يدع قول الزور، والعمل به، والجهل،

فليس لله حاجة في أن يدع طعامه وشرابه‏‏ فالصيام عبادة لله، وتربية للنفس

وصيانة لها عن محارم الله، وليس كما قال هذا الجاهل‏:‏ إن هذا الشهر لشرفه

وبركته يسوغ فيه فعل المعاصي‏.‏

هذا والله اعلم

مجموع فتاوى الشيخ ابن عثيمين

( 20 / السؤال رقم 254 ) .

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
08-15-2010, 09:22 PM
جزاكي الله خيرا أختي الكريمة

نرى كثيرا من المسلمين يقعوت في هذا الخطأ نسأل الله العافية

و كل عام و أنتم بخير

Nájlá
08-15-2010, 09:39 PM
السلام عليكم

جزاكي الله خير أختي ميسون

أنا كنت واقعة في هذا الخطأ, لم يخبرني أحد ذلك. أعرف أني مخطئة

كل عام والمسلمون في كل خير

Soulja Girl
08-16-2010, 11:57 PM
:sl:

Is it tryna say we can't say "Ramadan Kareem"?? :?

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
08-17-2010, 12:40 AM
^ yeah

you have to say Ramadan Mubarak instead, because the Kareem is Allah who forgive the sins not Ramadan.

Soulja Girl
08-17-2010, 12:48 AM

^Yes but Kareem means "Generous" so when translated, it'd be "Generous Ramadan" :><: Now hows that bad eh?? Explain! :hiding:

Danah
08-17-2010, 12:59 AM
^ now think about it. how is Generous?
Allah or the month?

Who is the one who forgive generously? Allah or Ramadan?

got it dear?

Soulja Girl
08-17-2010, 01:55 AM

loll.. ;D I get it all right now hehe.. :p

manaal
08-17-2010, 02:09 AM
I can't believe this! Why is being taken so literally? It's a greeting like "good morning".

Ramadan Kareem means "Have a Blessed Ramadan" or "Have a Generous Ramadan".

Geez!

Danah
08-17-2010, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
I can't believe this! Why is being taken so literally? It's a greeting like "good morning".
Well, if you said:
"Have a Blessed Ramadan"
Then it means in English "Ramadan Mubarak"

while if you say:
"Have a Generous Ramadan".
Then it means in English "Ramadan Kareem"

The first is correct to say have a blessed Ramadan but the second is not.

manaal
08-17-2010, 10:27 PM
^^ It is being said in this thread that "Ramadan Kareem", means "Ramadan is Kareem" and it cannot be so because Allah is kareem.. therefore it is more proper to say "Ramadan Mubarak".

What I'm trying to say that Ramdan Kareem does not literally mean Ramadan is Kareem.

Moreover, Allah is not just Kareem (generous/bountiful). He is Al-Kareem (the generous/the bountiful).

See the difference?

Danah
08-18-2010, 12:04 AM
^ dear sis, even in Arabic daily language, saying Ramadan Kareem means Ramadan is Kareem because in English you have to add "is" to get the exact meaning while in Arabic its written like this رمضان كريم

And whether you are saying Ramadan Kareem or Mubarak you say them both in Arabic.

So its the same.

Soulja Girl
08-18-2010, 12:38 AM

Sis manaal, I get where you are comin from.. But meh..

manaal
08-18-2010, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

Sis manaal, I get where you are comin from.. But meh..

"But meh.."? - what does that mean?

------

I know this is the Arabic forum, but is it possible for anyone give me a good translation of the starting post?

Soulja Girl
08-18-2010, 12:42 AM

Edit...

Nájlá
08-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Aslamau Alaykum,

Question:
When the fasting person falls into a sin and he is prohibited from that sin he will say, “Ramadan Kareem”. So what is the ruling concerning this phrase and what is the ruling concerning this behavior?

Answer:
The ruling concerning this is, this phrase “Ramadan Kareem” is not correct, and the only phrase that should be said is “Ramadan Mubarak” or what resembles that. Because Ramadan is not the one that gives such that it can be called generous (Kareem), rather it is only ALLAH the Exalted that put virtue in it and made it a virtuous month and made the time period for performing (the fasting) a pillar from Islam. And it is as though the one who said this thinks that due to the nobility of this month it is permissible to commit sins. And that is in opposition to what the people of knowledge have said (for they have said) that the sins are multiplied if they are done during virtuous times or noble places so this is the opposite of what this person has pictured. And they have said that it is incumbent upon the person to have Taqwaa of ALLAH the Mighty and Majestic during every time and in every place especially during virtuous times and in noble places.

And ALLAH the Mighty and Majestic says “Oh you who believe fasting has been prescribed for you like it was prescribed for those before you that you may obtain Taqwaa.” So the wisdom behind the obligation of fasting is to gain Taqwaa of ALLAH the Mighty and Majestic by doing what He has ordered and avoiding what He has prohibited. And it has been established that the Prophet peace and blessing be upon him said “Whoever does not abandon falsehood in word and action, then Allah Mighty and Majestic has no need that he should leave his food and drink”. Therefore fasting is worship for ALLAH and cultivation for the soul and a safeguard for it from the prohibitions of ALLAH. And it is not like this one without knowledge has said that due to the nobility of this month and its blessing, sinning is allowed in it.

Sheikh Uthaymeen

breezes
08-18-2010, 05:27 PM
جزاك الله خير
ومبارك عليكم الشهر
وكل عام وأنتم إلى الله أقرب

brotherubaid
08-23-2010, 01:58 PM
manal sister did at teh end of one of your posts u just say "geez"

Isnt taht the way of kuffar and christinans and it refers to JESUS!! and you should know how and whne is it used and what it means.

I know u did not intend it , but subhanALLAH living in western lands , or if one is not living there and trying to be western sometimes we cross lines that we shouldnt,

Like i hear brothers n sisters always saying . "kEEP your FINGERS CROSSED" And u know exactly what that means and is reffering to , yet i hear it almost ALL the time living in the muslim land and by muslims. Its crazy how much influenced we are by the west and how westernised we are getting. Its shameful. Its crazy that we dont even know what that means , we just think its cool or something.

It is sad and we should fear Allah.

Saying geez and keep your fingers crossed does not suit a muslim.

Inna lillah wa inna ilayhi rajioun.

As far as geez goes here is something.
-It's a noun, a Semitic language of ancient Ethiopia, now used only as the liturgical language of the Ethiopian Church.

-or an interjection used to express mild surprise, delight, dissatisfaction, or annoyance. Shortening and alteration of Jesus.

-A word in the language of ancient Ethiopia; the language of the ancient Abyssinian empire (in Ethiopia), now used only in the Abyssinian church. It is of Semitic origin, and is also called Geez.

Insaanah
08-23-2010, 02:58 PM

In the Qur'an, the word noble, apart from the meaning of "generous or giving", has also been used for "noble", and "honourable":

An-Nisa [4:31]
إِن تَجْتَنِبُواْ كَبَآئِرَ مَا تُنْهَوْنَ عَنْهُ نُكَفِّرْ عَنكُمْ سَيِّئَاتِكُمْ وَنُدْخِلْكُم مُّدْخَلاً كَرِيمًا

4:31 If ye (but) eschew the most heinous of the things which ye are forbidden to do, We shall expel out of you all the evil in you, and admit you to a gate of great honour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Al-Isra [17:23]
وَقَضَى رَبُّكَ أَلاَّ تَعْبُدُواْ إِلاَّ إِيَّاهُ وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِندَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلاَهُمَا فَلاَ تَقُل لَّهُمَآ أُفٍّ وَلاَ تَنْهَرْهُمَا وَقُل لَّهُمَا قَوْلاً كَرِيمًا

17:23 Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Al-Mu'minun [23:116]
فَتَعَالَى اللَّهُ الْمَلِكُ الْحَقُّ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ رَبُّ الْعَرْشِ الْكَرِيمِ

23:116 Therefore exalted be Allah, the King, the Reality: there is no god but He, the Lord of the Throne of Honour!

Ash-Shu'ara [26:58]
وَكُنُوزٍ وَمَقَامٍ كَرِيمٍ

26:58 Treasures, and every kind of honourable position;

Ash-Shu'ara [26:7]
أَوَلَمْ يَرَوْا إِلَى الْأَرْضِ كَمْ أَنبَتْنَا فِيهَا مِن كُلِّ زَوْجٍ كَرِيمٍ

26:7 Do they not look at the earth,- how many noble things of all kinds We have produced therein?

An-Naml [27:29]
قَالَتْ يَا أَيُّهَا المَلَأُ إِنِّي أُلْقِيَ إِلَيَّ كِتَابٌ كَرِيمٌ

27:29 (The queen) said: "Ye chiefs! here is delivered to me - a letter worthy of respect.

Luqman [31:10]
خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ بِغَيْرِ عَمَدٍ تَرَوْنَهَا وَأَلْقَى فِي الْأَرْضِ رَوَاسِيَ أَن تَمِيدَ بِكُمْ وَبَثَّ فِيهَا مِن كُلِّ دَابَّةٍ وَأَنزَلْنَا مِنَ السَّمَاء مَاء فَأَنبَتْنَا فِيهَا مِن كُلِّ زَوْجٍ كَرِيمٍ

31:10 He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs.

Ad-Dukhan [44:26]
وَزُرُوعٍ وَمَقَامٍ كَرِيمٍ

44:26 And corn-fields and noble buildings,

Ad-Dukhan [44:17]
وَلَقَدْ فَتَنَّا قَبْلَهُمْ قَوْمَ فِرْعَوْنَ وَجَاءهُمْ رَسُولٌ كَرِيمٌ

44:17 We did, before them, try the people of Pharaoh: there came to them an apostle most honourable,

Ad-Dukhan [44:49]
ذُقْ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْعَزِيزُ الْكَرِيمُ

44:49 "Taste thou (this)! Truly wast thou mighty, full of honour!

Al-Waqi'a [56:77]
إِنَّهُ لَقُرْآنٌ كَرِيمٌ

56:77 That this is indeed a qur'an Most Honourable,

Al-Waqi'a [56:44]
لَّا بَارِدٍ وَلَا كَرِيمٍ

56:44 Nothing (will there be) to refresh, nor to please:

Al-Haqqah [69:40]
إِنَّهُ لَقَوْلُ رَسُولٍ كَرِيمٍ

69:40 That this is verily the word of an honoured apostle;

At-Takwir [81:19]
إِنَّهُ لَقَوْلُ رَسُولٍ كَرِيمٍ

81:19 Verily this is the word of a most honourable Messenger,

The above are from the Islamicity website.

So if you used Kareem to mean noble or honourable, not believing Ramadan to be the giver, would that be wrong also? Or would it imply that if you say Ramadan is noble, honourable, that the other months aren't?

Personally I always say Ramadan Mubarak, but I am wondering if you used kareem in the sense that most people do, not believing that Ramdan literally is Kareem (generous or giving) but using the word as also used in the Qur'an to mean noble and honourable as descriptions for Ramadan, is that haraam?

Jazaakumullah khayr.

Danah
08-23-2010, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brotherubaid
As far as geez goes here is something.
-It's a noun, a Semitic language of ancient Ethiopia, now used only as the liturgical language of the Ethiopian Church.

-or an interjection used to express mild surprise, delight, dissatisfaction, or annoyance. Shortening and alteration of Jesus.

-A word in the language of ancient Ethiopia; the language of the ancient Abyssinian empire (in Ethiopia), now used only in the Abyssinian church. It is of Semitic origin, and is also called Geez.
That is scary!!! I never knew about it!
I don't use that word anyways, but I know many people online use it.

JazakAllah khair for sharing this benefit

I got those too:

- Short for Jesus. Used by Christians who don't want to "use the Lord's name in vain" even though it's just as bad.
Geez I'm hungry. Better go to the potluck.

- Describing a big expression. Such as pain or joy.
Danniel runs across the hallway and hits a plant,he screams out "geez that hurts".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!