View Full Version : Virtues of Fasting

Hajj2010
08-18-2010, 03:20 AM
Virtues of Fasting
by
Shaykh Abdul Azeez aal Shaykh حفظه الله
on Saturday, October 15, 2005

Brief Introduction to Lecturer by Moderator

Brothers and Sisters, it is indeed a great pleasure to have with us today one of our Senior Scholars, a scholar who spent his life seeking and teaching knowledge, an exemplary scholar, the Khaleefah of Imaam Abdul Azeez ibn Baaz رحمه الله تعالى. Our lecturer today is His Eminence Shaykh Abdul Azeez bin Abdullah Aal-Shaykh حفظه الله تعالى. He is the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Chairman of The Council of Senior Scholars, and Chairman of The Permanent Committee of Islamic Research and Fataawa. We thank him for making himself available to us once again and ask Allaah سبحانه و تعالى to bless him and to reward him tremendously.

Introduction

The Shaykh حفظه الله began in the Name of Allaah, The Merciful, The Compassionate then said: “I greet you with the greetings of (salaam) and I send salutations on the Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم who was entrusted with the revelation of Allaah سبحانه و تعالى, and I also send this on his family and his followers and those who follow his way until the end of time.
Brothers in Islaam, I ask Allaah to give us Tawfeeq and that we do that which is right in our words and our deeds. We praise Him and we thank Him for these modern methods of communication – these methods which have enabled us to have this meeting today and to spread Allaah's Words with Hikmah (wisdom) so that His evidence and His proof may be presented to His creation from those who hear it. We also ask Allaah that we take part in this blessed month and that we participate in it in a way that is good, and that we be of those who fast the month of Ramadan, in a state of Eemaan (belief) and hoping for the rewards that were promised.” He then proceeded:

The Universal Message of Tawheed

Allaah سبحانه و تعالى has made some acts compulsory upon us and He has made some things forbidden. One of the things Allaah has made binding on us is to worship Him Alone and that our hearts should be committed to Him in a state of fear and hope. Also, to recognize that He is our Lord and He is the Creator, and as a result of this recognition i.e. that He is our Lord, our Creator, the One Who sustains and nourishes us, that we should direct our hope, our fear and our supplications in times of difficulties to Him Alone, and (believe) that there is nothing worthy of worship other than Him, Allaah سبحانه و تعالى. We should also recognize that the purpose of our creation is as Allaah سبحانه و تعالى mentions in His Book “to worship Him Alone”. Allaah says:
وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْإِنسَ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُونِ {56} مَا أُرِيدُ مِنْهُم مِّن رِّزْقٍ وَمَا أُرِيدُ أَن يُطْعِمُونِ {57} إِنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الرَّزَّاقُ ذُو الْقُوَّةِ الْمَتِينُ

{And I (Allaah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone). I seek not any provision from them (i.e. provision for themselves or for My creatures) nor do I ask that they should feed Me (i.e. feed themselves or My creatures). Verily, Allaah is the All-Provider, Owner of Power, the Most Strong.} [Adh-Dhaariyaat 51:56-58]
So it is binding on us to single out Allaah for worship and for us to recognize that there is no safety and no security against Allaah except by going towards Allaah سبحانه و تعالى. Allaah mentions in the Qur'aan:
وَإِن يَمْسَسْكَ اللَّهُ بِضُرٍّ فَلاَ كَاشِفَ لَهُ إِلاَّ هُوَ وَإِن يَمْسَسْكَ بِخَيْرٍ فَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدُيرٌ

{And if Allaah touches you with harm, none can remove it but He, and if He touches you with good, then He is Able to do all things.} [al-An’aam 6:17]
He ordered that we should make our worship sincerely for Him Alone:
وَمَا أُمِرُوا إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُوا اللَّهَ مُخْلِصِينَ لَهُ الدِّينَ حُنَفَاءَ وَيُقِيمُوا الصَّلاةَ وَيُؤْتُوا الزَّكَاةَ وَذَلِكَ دِينُ الْقَيِّمَةِ

{And they were commanded not, but that they should worship Allaah, and worship none but Him Alone (abstaining from ascribing partners to Him), and perform As-Salaat(the prayers) and give Zakaat (obligatory charity), and that is the right religion.} [al-Bayyinah 98:5]
Allaah سبحانه و تعالى directs us that we should not legislate anything from ourselves and that we should ensure that Allaah's Deen is established in our lives. Allaah mentions in the Qur'aan:
شَرَعَ لَكُم مِّنَ الدِّينِ مَا وَصَّى بِهِ نُوحاً وَالَّذِي أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ وَمَا وَصَّيْنَا بِهِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَمُوسَى وَعِيسَى أَنْ أَقِيمُوا الدِّينَ وَلا تَتَفَرَّقُوا فِيهِ كَبُرَ عَلَى الْمُشْرِكِينَ مَا تَدْعُوهُمْ إِلَيْهِ

{He (Allaah) has ordained for you the same religion (Islaam) which He ordained for Nooh (Noah), and that which We have inspired in you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), and that which We ordained for Ibraaheem (Abraham), Moosa (Moses) and 'Eesaa (Jesus) saying you should establish religion (i.e. to do what it orders you to do practically), and make no divisions in it (religion) (i.e. various sects in religion). Intolerable for the Mushrikoon is that (Islaamic Monotheism) to which you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم) call them....} [Ash-Shooraa 42:13]
It is important then, that we actualize the statement of Tawheed – ‘Laa ilaaha illallaah’ (لا إله إلا الله) – this unity of worship, as well as all of the other areas of Tawheed in our lives. What is implied by Tawheed i.e. the things that are necessitated by it, is that Allaah سبحانه و تعالى is singled out for worship – this is very important; and to recognize that there is nothing – no deity or anything in existence, worthy of worship other than Allaah سبحانه و تعالى. In His Hands are life, death and sustenance. This word ‘Tawheed’ is the foundation of our Deen. Allaah سبحانه و تعالى mentions in the Qur'aan:
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِن قَبْلِكَ مِن رَّسُولٍ إِلاَّ نُوحِي إِلَيْهِ أَنَّهُ لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنَا فَاعْبُدُونِ

{ And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم) but We revealed to him (saying): Laa ilaaha illa Ana [none has the right to be worshipped but I (Allaah)], so worship Me (Alone and none else)."} [Al-Anbiya 21:25]
And Allaah mentions in the Qur'aan:
وَلَقَدْ بَعَثْنَا فِي كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ رَّسُولاً أَنِ اعْبُدُواْ اللَّهَ وَاجْتَنِبُواْ الطَّاغُوتَ

{And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): "Worship Allaah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taaghoot (all false deities i.e. do not worship anything besides Allaah)."…} [An-Nahl 16:36]
رُّسُلاً مُّبَشِّرِينَ وَمُنذِرِينَ لِئَلاَّ يَكُونَ لِلنَّاسِ عَلَى اللَّهِ حُجَّةٌ بَعْدَ الرُّسُلِ

{Messengers as bearers of good news as well as of warning in order that mankind should have no plea against Allaah after the (coming of) Messengers…} [an-Nisaa 4:165]
This particular expression of unity is to be said with the tongue and is also supposed to be an expression of the heart. The reality of this word is that it implies sincerity to Allaah alone i.e. that we recognize that no one deserves to be worshipped except Allaah سبحانه و تعالى. Anything which is worshipped other than Him is false. Allaah mentions in the Qur’aan:
ذَلِكَ بِأَنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْحَقُّ وَأَنَّ مَا يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِهِ هُوَ الْبَاطِلُ

{That is because Allaah He is the Truth (the only True God of all that exists, Who has no partners or rivals with Him), and what they (the polytheists) invoke besides Him, it is Baatil (falsehood)…} [Al-Hajj 22:62]
Thus Nuuh called to ‘Laa ilaaha illallaah’ (لا إله إلا الله) in his speech to his people:
يَا قَوْمِ اعْبُدُوا اللَّهَ مَا لَكُم مِّنْ إِلَهٍ غَيْرُهُ

{…"O my people! Worship Allaah! You have no other ilaah (god) but Him (Islaamic Monotheism)."…} [al-Mu’minoon 23:23; Al-A'raf 7:59]
And likewise Huud [al-A’araaf 7:65, Huud 11:50], Saalih [al-A’araaf 7:73, Huud 11:61], Luut, Shu’aib [al-A’araaf 7:85, Huud 11:84] and all the Anbiyaa (prophets) called to singling out Allaah Alone with ‘Ibaadah (acts of worship). When Yoosuf [Joseph] عليه السلام was in the prison and he spoke to the inmates, he said to them:
يَا صَاحِبَيِ السِّجْنِ ءَأََرْبَابٌ مُّتَفَرِّقُونَ خَيْرٌ أَمِ اللَّهُ الْوَاحِدُ الْقَهَّارُ {39} مَا تَعْبُدُونَ مِن دُونِهِ إِلاَّ أَسْمَاءً سَمَّيْتُمُوهَا أَنتُمْ وَءَابَآؤُكُم مَّا أَنزَلَ اللَّهُ بِهَا مِن سُلْطَانٍ إِنِ الْحُكْمُ إِلاَّ لِلَّهِ أَمَرَ أَلاَّ تَعْبُدُواْ إِلاَّ إِيَّاهُ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَـكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لاَ يَعْلَمُونَ

{"O two companions of the prison! Are many different lords (gods) better or Allaah, the One, the Irresistible? "You do not worship besides Him but only names which you have named (forged) – you and your fathers – for which Allaah has sent down no authority. The command (or the judgement) is for none but Allaah. He has commanded that you worship none but Him (i.e. His Monotheism); that is the (true) straight religion, but most men know not.} [Yusuf 12:39-40]
His call was towards Tawheed – that there should be none deserving to be worshipped other than Allaah سبحانه و تعالى. Also, we know that this particular word, the word of Tawheed and Ikhlaas (sincerity), is not only for one specific being; it is for every being – mankind and jinn, all of them. This is something that the Anbiyaa started their call with. They started by calling and inviting the people to Tawheed – that they should worship none other than Allaah Alone.

This is what the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم did when he started his invitation to the Arabs. They were eloquent and they understood the language very well. They understood that when the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم gave this call, it meant that they had to free themselves from every aspect of Shirk, and that everything which was worshipped besides Allaah should be cast aside, and that there should be only One deity worthy of worship. When the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said this (to them) and taught them that their hope and fear should be directed to Allaah Alone, they refused and they said:
أَجَعَلَ الْآلِهَةَ إِلَهاً وَاحِداً إِنَّ هَذَا لَشَيْءٌ عُجَابٌ

{"Has he made the aalihah (gods) (all) into One Ilaah (God – Allaah). Verily, this is a curious thing!"} [Saad 38:5]
And when it was said to them “Say ‘Laa ilaaha illallaah’” they said:
أَئِنَّا لَتَارِكُوا آلِهَتِنَا لِشَاعِرٍ مَّجْنُونٍ

{… "Are we going to abandon our aalihah (gods) for the sake of a mad poet?"}. [as-Saafaat 37:36]
Allaah said:
بَلْ جَاءَ بِالْحَقِّ وَصَدَّقَ الْمُرْسَلِينَ

{Nay! he (Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم) has come with the truth (i.e. Allaah's religion – Islaamic Monotheism and this Qur'aan) and he confirms the Messengers (before him who brought Allaah's religion – Islaamic Monotheism).} [as-Saafaat 37:37]
It should be understood that once this Message of Tawheed is founded in your heart, then a person should feel secure that Allaah سبحانه و تعالى Alone is deserving of being worshipped. This is something that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم taught. He also taught and believed in all of the Prophets that preceded him and he respected them. However, this Book – the Qur’aan which was given to our Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, has authority over all of the books that were sent before it. Allaah سبحانه و تعالى mentions:
وَأَنزَلْنَا إِلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ بِالْحَقِّ مُصَدِّقاً لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَمُهَيْمِناً عَلَيْهِ

{And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) the Book (this Qur'aan) in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and Mohayminan (trustworthy in highness and a witness) over it (old Scriptures)....}[Al-Maa’idah 5:48]
This is what the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم taught to those who were around him. We know that the Messengers who preceded the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم gave glad tidings of his coming, as Allaah سبحانه و تعالى mentions in His Book:
وَإِذْ أَخَذَ اللَّهُ مِيثَاقَ النَّبِيِّيْنَ لَمَا آتَيْتُكُم مِّن كِتَابٍ وَحِكْمَةٍ ثُمَّ جَاءَكُمْ رَسُولٌ مُّصَدِّقٌ لِّمَا مَعَكُمْ لَتُؤْمِنُنَّ بِهِ وَلَتَنصُرُنَّهُ

{And (remember) when Allaah took the covenant of the Prophets, saying: "Take whatever I gave you from the Book and Hikmah (understanding of the Laws of Allaah, etc.), and afterwards there will come to you a Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) confirming what is with you; you must, then, believe in him and help him."...} [Aali Imraan 3:81]
And also 'Eesa ibn Maryam when he said to the Children of Israa’eel:
وَإِذْ قَالَ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُم مُّصَدِّقاً لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيَّ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَمُبَشِّراً بِرَسُولٍ يَأْتِي مِن بَعْدِي اسْمُهُ أَحْمَدُ

{ And (remember) when 'Eesaa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allaah to you, confirming the Tauraat [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad."…} [As-Saff 61:6]
Also, we find in the Tauraat and Injeel the description of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم that he was the unlettered Prophet:
الَّذِينَ يَتَّبِعُونَ الرَّسُولَ النَّبِيَّ الأُمِّيَّ الَّذِي يَجِدُونَهُ مَكْتُوباً عِندَهُمْ فِي التَّوْرَاةِ وَالإِنْجِيلِ يَأْمُرُهُم بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَيَنْهَاهُمْ عَنِ الْمُنكَرِ وَيُحِلُّ لَهُمُ الطَّيِّبَاتِ وَيُحَرِّمُ عَلَيْهِمُ الْخَبَآئِثَ

{Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write (i.e. Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم) whom they find written with them in the Tauraat (Torah) (Deut, xviii 15) and the Injeel (Gospel) (John, xiv 16) with them, – he commands them for Al-Ma'ruuf (i.e. Islaamic Monotheism and all that Islaam has ordained); and forbids them from Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds, and all that Islaam has forbidden); he allows them as lawful At-Tayyibaat (i.e. all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods), and prohibits them as unlawful Al-Khabaa'ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods) ... }[Al-A'raf 7:157]
The Status of The Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم

Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم, the Seal of the Prophets and the Messengers recognized the position and status of all of the Prophets before him. However, he صلى الله عليه وسلم said, “I am the leader of the Children of 'Adam and this is no boast.”[1] This is because this was the actual authority and the status that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم had. It is an indication of his status over all human beings. Allaah described him صلى الله عليه وسلم when He said:
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا رَحْمَةً لِّلْعَالَمِينَ

{And We have sent you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم) not but as a mercy for the 'Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists).} [al-Anbiyaa 21:107]
قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُمْ جَمِيعاً

{Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allaah ...}[Al-A'raf 7:158]
Therefore, the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was not sent to any specific group of individuals. He was sent to all of them and this Sharee’ah that he was given which is filled with ease, removes all difficulties and includes all types of individuals in the Deen. As Allaah سبحانه و تعالى makes mention:
إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ إِخْوَةٌ

{The believers are nothing else than brothers (in Islaamic religion)…} [al-Hujuraat 49:10]
وَاذْكُرُواْ نِعْمَتَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ إِذْ كُنتُمْ أَعْدَاءً فَأَلَّفَ بَيْنَ قُلُوبِكُمْ فَأَصْبَحْتُم بِنِعْمَتِهِ إِخْوَاناً

{... and remember Allaah's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islaamic Faith)....} [Aali Imran 3:103]
Allaah سبحانه و تعالى also mentions the importance of adhering to the Deen and that those who adhere to it shall have total security. He said:
الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَلَمْ يَلْبِسُواْ إِيمَانَهُم بِظُلْمٍ أُوْلَـئِكَ لَهُمُ الأَمْنُ وَهُم مُّهْتَدُونَ

{It is those who believe (in the Oneness of Allaah and worship none but Him Alone) and confuse not their belief with Zulm (wrong i.e. by worshipping others besides Allaah), for them (only) there is security and they are the guided.}[Al-An'am 6:82]
Allaah سبحانه و تعالى obligated upon the inhabitants of the earth, obedience to this Prophet and following him:

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا كَافَّةً لِّلنَّاسِ بَشِيراً وَنَذِيراً وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لا يَعْلَمُونَ

{And We have not sent you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم) except as a giver of glad tidings and a warner to all mankind, but most of men know not.} [as-Saba 34:28]
This was expressed by the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم in the hadeeth where he mentioned that, “No Jews or Christians (in this time of mine) hears about me, and dies not believing in me, except that he shall be of the people of the Fire.”[2] His message was therefore for all of them. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم's message, his Sharee’ah, came with justice, truth, and honouring and respecting the people. He was a mercy for all humanity:
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا رَحْمَةً لِّلْعَالَمِينَ

{And We have sent you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم) not but as a mercy for the 'Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists).} [al-Anbiyaa 21:107]
This mercy is actualised in those who follow him – their wealth and everything else is considered sacred. This is an indication of the completeness and perfection of the Sharee’ah.

It is also binding upon the Muslim, in addition to having belief in Allaah's Deen and Tawheed and everything else, that he has to fulfil those things which Allaah سبحانه و تعالى has made binding upon him e.g. the five compulsory prayers in a day and night, and to perform wudhuu' properly and that when he prays he recognizes that he is standing before Allaah سبحانه و تعالى and that he should do it with humility – this is supposed to help and prevent him from doing sinful things as Allaah سبحانه و تعالى mentions in the Qur'aan:

وَأَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ إِنَّ الصَّلَاةَ تَنْهَى عَنِ الْفَحْشَاءِ وَالْمُنكَرِ وَلَذِكْرُ اللَّهِ أَكْبَرُ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مَا تَصْنَعُونَ
{…and perform As-Salaat (the prayers). Verily, As-Salaat (the prayer) prevents from Al-Fahshaa' (i.e. great sins of every kind, unlawful sexual intercourse) and Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism, and every kind of evil wicked deed) and the remembering (praising) of (you by) Allaah (in front of the angels) is greater indeed [than your remembering (praising) of Allaah in prayers]. And Allaah knows what you do. }[Al-'Ankabut 29:45]
The Blessed Month of Ramadaan

[This is what the Translator was able to get from this last part of the lecture]

The Muslims all over (the world) are fasting this blessed month in spite of their different localities and the different times when the moon appears. It is a blessed month which requires us to stay away from some of the things that are not prohibited (food, drink and relations with one’s spouse whilst fasting), and to be mindful of Allaah during this blessed month. Similarly, Allaah سبحانه و تعالى has legislated Hajj and it is a period of coming together for the Muslims – where they come together with the intention of worshipping Allaah سبحانه و تعالى.

All of this is an expression of this Deen of Islaam which is complete: a Deen of mercy; a Deen which has character; a Deen which is filled with truthfulness and trustworthiness. It is also a Deen which requires us to adhere to those things which are compulsory – those things which Allaah سبحانه و تعالى has legislated. The person who acts upon the Deen and fulfils it in his life, he shall receive happiness in this world and the Hereafter. As for the one who turns away from it, and does not put into practice those things which have been required of him, he shall have unhappiness in this world and the Hereafter. So adhere to this Deen, cooperate with one another upon Birr (righteousness) and Taqwaa (piety), stick to it; it is the Deen of Truth, it is the Deen that Allaah سبحانه و تعالى does not accept other than it.

Brothers, you all are living in a situation of strangeness; you are in a situation where you are looked upon as strangers. I ask Allaah سبحانه و تعالى to help us to be on the way that is correct and that we have success and may Allaah سبحانه و تعالى bless us all.

Questions & Answers

1. Question: Is it permissible for a single sister to go to the masjid at the time of iftaar (breaking the fast), and then stay there until Salaatut-Taraaweeh and to make ‘itikaaf for the last ten days in the masjid?
Answer: The principle in respect to the Salaah of the lady is that it is better for her to pray at home. However, it is permissible for her to go to the masjid if there is no fitnah involved in her doing so.
The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم mentioned that “If the wife of any one of you asks permission (to go to the mosque) do not forbid her.”[3] Also, ‘Aaisha رضى الله عنها said that: “Allaah's Apostle used to offer the Fajr prayer when it was still dark and the believing women used to return (after finishing their prayer) and nobody could recognize them owing to darkness, or they could not recognize one another.”[4]
So the condition stipulated in that is that there should be no fitnah involved in her doing so, and there should be no mixing with the men. This is the same regulation for the ‘itikaaf – as long as there is no fitnah involved and no mixing, this is permissible.
2. Question: A person was killed, so the doctors removed the brain from the body for medical tests. So what is better: to bury the body immediately without the brain or to wait a period of up to six weeks, until the tests are complete and the brain is returned to the body and then to bury the body? And if the person is buried without the brain, what is then the correct way to bury the brain separately?
Answer: If the doctors mention that the person is dead and his heart has stopped and there is no life in him, then the body should be buried and it should not be waited on because the sunnah is that the body should be buried. As soon as they get through with the brain of the deceased, then that should also be buried.
3. Question: A person masturbated during the daytime in Ramadaan and he was saddened and wants to know how to make amends for this.
Answer: The Shaykh حفظه الله said that what he did was not lawful and he (the person) has to make it up. In a hadith, it says ‘the fasting person gives up his food, his drink and his desires.’[5] So he should make up that day and he should not repeat this act which he committed.
4. Question: Is it better for a woman to pray Taraaweeh in the masjid or to pray at home? We have a musalla for prayer, but one of the sisters says it is better to go to pray in a masjid instead of a musalla and that masjid is not upon the Sunnah. So what is your advice?
Answer:The Shaykh حفظه الله said it is better for her to pray at home and if she prays in a masjid where they are upon the Sunnah, then it is okay.
5. Question: Is it permissible to decorate the home with lights and balloons for Ramadaan and/or ‘Eed?
Answer: The Shaykh حفظه الله said that this is not actually zeenah (زينة – adornment/decoration). Righteous deeds are zeenah. What we should be concerned about regarding zeenah is that Ramadaan affects our character and our way of living in this life. This is what we should be concerned about.
Conclusion

The Moderator thanked the brothers and sisters and asked Allaah سبحانه و تعالى to give them the Tawfeeq to take advantage of the blessed month (Ramadaan) and asked Allaah to allow us to make the Qiyaam and the Siyaam during these blessed days and nights.

References and Notes

[1] Reported in Sunan ibn Maajah, 2/1440. Shaykh al-Albaanee رحمه الله said ‘with a Saheeh sanad.’
أنا سيد ولد آدم ولا فخر

[2] The following wording was classified as a Saheeh hadeeth by Shaykh al-Albaanee رحمه الله in Takhreej at-Tahaawiyyah.
لا يسمع بي رجل من هذه الأمة يهودي ولا نصراني ثم لا يؤمن بي إلا دخل النار
Also reported with the following wording in Saheeh Muslim, Kitaab al-Eemaan (#153).
والذي نفسي محمد بيده! لا يسمع بي أحد من هذه الأمة يهودي ولا نصراني، ثم يموت ولم يؤمن بالذي أرسلت به، إلا كان من أصحاب النار

[3] Reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaaree, Kitaab an-Nikaah (#4940) and in Saheeh Muslim, Kitaab as-Salaah (#442).
إذا استأذنت امرأة أحدكم إلى المسجد فلا يمنعها

[4] Reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaaree with the following wording in Kitaab Mawaaqeetis-Salaah (#553).
كنا نساء المؤمنات، يشهدن مع رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم صلاة الفجر، متلفعات بمروطهن، ثم ينقلبن إلى بيوتهن حين يقضين الصلاة، لا يعرفهن أحد من الغلس

[5] Reported as part of a hadeeth in Saheeh al-Bukhaaree with the following wording in Kitaab as-Sawm (#1795).
يترك طعامه وشرابه وشهوته من أجلي

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!