/* */

PDA

View Full Version : reading novels

'Aleena
08-21-2010, 10:57 AM
is reading novels allowed in islam?
i m a novel freak though now i dont read as much as i used to. should i completely stop it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Vigno
08-21-2010, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by k.aleena
i m a novel freak though now i dont read as much as i used to. should i completely stop it?
Asalamu Alekum

Well it depends on what you read, what type of novels do you read?

ardianto
08-21-2010, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by k.aleena
Assalamualaikum, sister.

Muslims are allowed to read novels, magazines, or other kinds of book. Also, there is no prohibition for Muslims to write books or articles. But of course, not every kind of book or article is halal. Example of haram novel is 'Adult novel'.
You don't need to stop reading novel completely, just select what kind of story that you read.
But if you love reading, I recommend you to read non-fictions, Stories of Sahabah. There are many good lesson in those stories.

'Aleena
08-21-2010, 04:02 PM
thank u brothers
i knw dat reading and writing articles is allowed bt is it k to read books novels involving a bit of romance coz u hardly find any books without it
at vigno: i like to read the types of to kill a mocking bird, the kite runner etc. i also enjoy reading suspense thrillers by dan brown

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!