/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ummul Mumin (Mother of the Believers)

sabr*
08-25-2010, 01:31 AM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

To keep the spirit of this thread intent to illuminate the names,positions and lifes of the Mother's of the Believers if you desire to include dalil (evidence), reference, quotes, etc provide the notation for those who review Quran and Sahih sources as cited below. Insha Allah

Surah Al Ahzab 33:6

6. The Prophet is closer to the believers than their ownselves, and his wives are their (believers') mothers (as regards respect and marriage). And blood relations among each other have closer personal ties in the Decree of Allâh (regarding inheritance) than (the brotherhood of) the believers and the Muhajirûn (emigrants from Makkah, etc.), except that you do kindness to those brothers (when the Prophet SAW joined them in brotherhood ties). This has been written in the (Allâh's Book of Divine) Decrees (Al­Lauh Al­Mahfûz)."
(Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan translation)

1. Khadijah bint Khuwaylid-Married Nabi Muhammad (SAWS) when she was 40 years old and he was 25 years old. She was a merchant and entrepreneur and he was employed by her. They had two sons that didn’t survive infancy- Qasim and Abdullah (nicknamed al Tahir and al Tayyib)She had four daughters – Zainab, Ruqaiya, Umm Kulthum and the well known Fatimah.

Sahih Al Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 165:
Narrated 'Aisha:
I did not feel jealous of any woman as much as I did of Khadija because Allah's Apostle used to mention her very often. He married me after three years of her death, and his Lord (or Gabriel) ordered him to give her the good news of having a palace of Qasab in Paradise.

Sahih Al Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 166:

Narrated 'Aisha:

I did not feel jealous of any of the wives of the Prophet as much as I did of Khadija though I did not see her, but the Prophet used to mention her very often, and when ever he slaughtered a sheep, he would cut its parts and send them to the women friends of Khadija. When I sometimes said to him, "(You treat Khadija in such a way) as if there is no woman on earth except Khadija," he would say, "Khadija was such-and-such, and from her I had children."

2. Sawda bint Zama- married Nabi Muhammad (SAWS) after the death of Khadijah

3. A’isha Siddiqa bint Abu Bakr-Daughter of Abu Bakr (RA)

4. Hafsa bint Umar-Daughter of Umar bin Al Khattab (RA)

5. Zaynab bint Khuzayma

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 84:

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet offered a wedding banquet on the occasion of his marriage to Zainab, and provided a good meal for the Muslims. Then he went out as was his custom on marrying, he came to the dwelling places of the mothers of the Believers (i.e. his wives) invoking good (on them), and they were invoking good (on him). Then he departed (and came back) and saw two men (still sitting there). So he left again. I do not remember whether I informed him or he was informed (by somebody else) of their departure)."

7. Zaynab bint Jahsh

8. Juwayriya bint al-Harith</SPAN>

9. Umm Habiba Ramla bint Abi Sufyan

10. Safiyah Bint Huyeiy Ibn Akhtab

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 59, Number 523:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet stayed with Safiya bint Huyai for three days on the way of Khaibar where he consummated his marriage with her. Safiya was amongst those who were ordered to use a veil.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 59, Number 524:

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet stayed for three rights between Khaibar and Medina and was married to Safiya. I invited the Muslim to h s marriage banquet and there wa neither meat nor bread in that banquet but the Prophet ordered Bilal to spread the leather mats on which dates, dried yogurt and butter were put. The Muslims said amongst themselves, "Will she (i.e. Safiya) be one of the mothers of the believers, (i.e. one of the wives of the Prophet ) or just (a lady captive) of what his right-hand possesses" Some of them said, "If the Prophet makes her observe the veil, then she will be one of the mothers of the believers (i.e. one of the Prophet's wives), and if he does not make her observe the veil, then she will be his lady slave." So when he departed, he made a place for her behind him (on his and made her observe the veil.

12. Maria al Qibtiyya (Egyptian Coptic Christian- Had a son who died in infancy Ibrahim ibn Muhammad

Source: Ibn Kathir
http://www.islamawareness.net/Muhamm...hir_wives.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!