/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan End Countdown

Ummu Sufyaan
08-25-2010, 10:07 AM
:sl:
we have about 2 weeks left of Ramadan. i want this thread filled with reminders upon reminders and motivations upon motivations for us to get the best out of the remaining days.

i have to leave again soon so i cant continue so im entrusting you lot to keep this thread coming with ideas. dont be shy and dont think that your advise/help wont be helpful. just post and leave the rest to Allah.

ideas/inspirations, fire away.

one other thing, please keep me in your duas.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Aleena
08-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Prophet(S) said:"The son of Adam fills no worse vessel than his own stomach"
(Trimidhi,#2380)
Eat to live, not live to eat. Spend time in worshipping.

Strzelecki
08-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Subhan'Allah - I can't believe half of Ramadhan is gone.
Insha'Allah we can make the most of the last approx. 15 days we have!!

Muslimeen
08-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Taubah, Taubah and more Taubah.

There cannot be a better time to make sincere taubah for all your sins and making a firm resolve never to commit them again. Try your utmost best to refrain, and if perchance you happen to commit a sin, then resort to taubah again. Never despair and always continue making Taubah.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "One who weeps out of fear of Allah, will not enter the Hell till milk returns back in the udder; and the dust raised on account of fighting in the path of Allah and the smoke of Hell will never exist together".
[At-Tirmidhi].

Shaitaan may come to you and tell you, time and again you have sinned and made taubah, sinned and made taubah, sinned and made taubah, how many times are you going to do this?? maybe it is time you stop making taubah?
He will never tell you maybe it's time you stop sinning. He knows as long as you make taubah, you have a chance of being forgiven. It is that chance of being saved that he wants to snatch from you. Don't let him, it is your destruction that he is after, don't help him.

So make a sincere taubah in such a way that tears roll down your face and until you heart actually turns, if you find it difficult to cry then think about all the blessings of allah swt that he has given you and how you have repaid him, by living in his disobedience. I often find thinking about the sacrifices of our noble Nabi Sallalahu Allaihi Wassalam and how I have mistreated his sunnah often brings a tear to my eye. So try what ever is necessary, but make sure you cry. Allah swt loves two drops:

Abu Umamah Sudaiy bin `Ajlan Al-Bahili (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said: "Nothing is dearer to Allah than two drops and two marks: A drop of tears shed out of fear of Allah and a drop of blood shed in Allah's way. Regarding the two marks, they are: Marks left in the Cause of Allah and a mark left in observing one of the obligatory act of worship of Allah, the Exalted".
[At-Tirmidhi].

So remember these and make a sincere effort, may allah accept your taubah. Ameen.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Seven people Allah will give them His Shade on the Day when there would be no shade but the Shade of His Throne (i.e., on the Day of Resurrection): And they are: a just ruler; a youth who grew up with the worship of Allah; a person whose heart is attached to the mosques, two men who love and meet each other and depart from each other for the sake of Allah; a man whom an extremely beautiful woman seduces (for illicit relation), but he (rejects this offer and) says: `I fear Allah'; a man who gives in charity and conceals it (to such an extent) that the left hand does not know what the right has given; and a man who remembers Allah in solitude and his eyes become tearful".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Aleena
08-27-2010, 03:50 AM
Assalam allaikum
Want Allah(swt) to love you?
This Ramadhan, develop the following qualities...

-> ALLAH LOVES THE MUHSINEEN:
Those who do good deeds
[Al-Quran 2:195, 3:134, 3:148, 5:13, 5:93]

-> ALLAH LOVES THE MUTATAHHAREEN:
Those who keep themselves clean and pure
[Al-Quran 2:222, 9:108]

-> ALLAH LOVES THE MUTAWAKKILEEN:
Those who put their trust in Allah
[Al-Quran 3:159]

-> ALLAH LOVES THE MUQSITEEN;
Those who act equitably and justly
[Al-Quran 5:42, 49:9. 60:8]

-> ALLAH LOVES THE TAWWABEEN:
Those who repent often
[Al-Quran 2:222]

-> ALLAH LOVES THE SABIREEN:
Those who are patient
[Al-Quran 3:146]

'Aleena
08-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Whoever gives iftar to one who is fasting will have a reward like his, without that detracting from fasting person's reward in the slightest
(Trimidhi807)

'Aleena
08-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Sahih Bukhari
Volume 3, Book 31, Number 123:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of the heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained."
THE DEVILS ARE CHAINED!!! u will be solely responsible if u indulge in any evil activities

Sahih Bukhari:
Volume 3, Book 31, Number 125:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Whoever established prayers on the night of Qadr out of sincere faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven; and whoever fasts in the month of Ramadan out of sincere faith, and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven."
Dont miss this opportunity... Repent as much as u can... dont waste your time in thinking that ur sin is too big to be forgiven coz ALLAH(SWT) is all loving and all forgiving. HE is the most gracious and the most mercifull...

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Ramadhaan going fast : (, before Ramadhaan everyone was counting the dayz till Ramadhaan, but now counting dayz till ending : (

Aah SubhaanAllaah, well a good reminder (or whatever you should call it) from myself is to remain steadfast during Ramadhaan and also once Ramadhaan has left us! For example if we dont listen to Music during Ramadhaan we shouldnt listen when its over for indeed we will be accountable for our actions.

Like Shiekh Yasir Qadhi said once in his leccies "Allaah SWT looks at the quality of your Duaa/Prayer not the quantity!" i love that quote Subhaan`Allaah

So yeah

Wa Alaaykum Salaam

sully
08-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Someone told me that the major devils are chained but his minions are still wandering around. Plus are the devils in the loo also chained coz we seek refuge from them too don't we?:confused:

'Aleena
08-29-2010, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sully
Someone told me that the major devils are chained but his minions are still wandering around. Plus are the devils in the loo also chained coz we seek refuge from them too don't we?:confused:
Although devils are chained during Ramadan, it is no wonder to see people committing sins in broad daylight because not all sins are committed as a result of Satanic whispers, but one’s evil soul or nafs may drive one to sin and even commit crimes.

In his response to the question, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states the following:

Abu Hurairah, (may Allah be pleased with him) quoted the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as saying: “When the month of Ramadan comes, the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of the Hellfire are closed, and the devils are chained.” (Reported by al-Bukhari)

It is clear from the aforementioned Hadith that putting devils in chains during the month of Ramadan does not mean that they cannot influence people who are not abiding by the laws of Allah.

The statement only means that as far as the believers who are observing the rules of Allah are concerned, Satan’s control over them is diminished. This month, with all of its many blessings and spiritual incentives, puts pressure on Satan, and therefore it acts as a kind of a barrier between them and it.

Moreover, Sheikh `Atiyyah Saqr, former head of Al-Azhar Fatwa committee, adds:

I would like to state that there is no contradiction between the Prophetic Hadith which states that devils are chained during the month of Ramadan and the reality that some fasting Muslims do commit crimes during the blessed month. The commentators of the aforementioned Hadith of Abu Hurairah state that ‘the devils that are put in chains during Ramadan’ are those who can’t approach those who sincerely fast for Allah’s Sake and who commit themselves to the high morals of fasting such as lowering the gaze and refraining from doing any harm to others.

bn Khuzaymah also states that ‘putting the devils in chains’ means that their activity during the blessed month is (only) reduced, and that is why some Muslims sin during the month of Ramadan.

Another possible interpretation of the Hadith states that sins that are committed through Satanic whispers are halted, as the devils are chained and they no longer tempt people to sin during Ramadan. As to the sins that are committed by some Muslims during the blessed month, some commentators state that they are due to the evil souls that tempt some to sin and transgress Allah’s limits.
source: islamonline.net

Periwinkle18
08-29-2010, 11:27 AM
don't want ramadan to end :(

ابن آل مرة
08-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Ah! The guest is almost gone, what a shame, I wish Ramadan was year long! may Allah forgive our sayyiyat,accept our qiyaam,siyaam wa all the rigtheous 3maal! Ameen! I cant wait for qiyaam in the last ten days. Dont forget to say "Allahomma innaka afuwwun tuhibbul afwa fa'fu anni" often.

ابن آل مرة
08-29-2010, 12:49 PM
اللهم انك عفو تحب العفو فاعفو عنا

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!