/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where is your Masjid in Taraweeh?

Beardo
08-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Most Masajid do at least one Khatam of the Quran in Taraweeh. How long does it take your Masajid? Do you guys do 8 or 20 rakaats? How much is recited per day?

My Masjid:
20 Rakaats
1 1/4 Juz for first 12 days, 15 juz in the last 15 days.
27 days for Khatam
Takes us an hour and 45 minutes including Witr and Isha.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ابن آل مرة
08-26-2010, 04:44 AM
We do 8 ra'kats. We finished Sura Taha tonight(16th Juz). Also, in the last 10 days, we start again in tahajjud, and finish it off. So 2 khatms, one in taraweeh and one in tahajjud.

Vigno
08-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Asalamu Alekum wa Rahmatul Allahi wa Barakatu

Well in my mosque we pray 8 rakahs of taraweeh, an hour each day and now tahajjud started as well but am not sure we ll finish the Quran, we are a bit late. I hope we do one khatma inshallah.

BlackMamba
08-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Wow rashad your masjid is like a machine, everything planned perfectly. You must have some experienced huffaz with you. That's how it was for me last year leading with my teacher. For Thursday night were on 22nd juz inshallah. It takes about 1:30 including Witr and Isha.(we don't have any talks or extended breaks b/w rakats. )

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
08-27-2010, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Wow rashad your masjid is like a machine, everything planned perfectly. You must have some experienced huffaz with you. That's how it was for me last year leading with my teacher. For Thursday night were on 22nd juz inshallah. It takes about 1:30 including Witr and Isha.(we don't have any talks or extended breaks b/w rakats. )
Ya Allah!! 1:30 AM?! Subhanallah... That's LATE! o_o

Alhamdulillah, we have this one Hafiz whose been leading for the past 10 days. Small community, and I love it Alhamdulillah.

ابن آل مرة
08-27-2010, 04:48 AM
I think he means 1 hr 30 mins...

BlackMamba
08-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Ya lol my bad I meant 1hr 30 min.

Beardo
09-01-2010, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed M.
I think he means 1 hr 30 mins...
Ya lol my bad I meant 1hr 30 min.
I was about to say...

Btw, Bro Shakoor, don't stress inshallah. I'm seeing your mood right now. Insha-Allah, Allah Ta'ala will make it easy for you.

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-01-2010, 03:56 PM
You must have some experienced huffaz with you.
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Alhamdulillah, we have this one Hafiz whose been leading for the past 10 days. Small community, and I love it Alhamdulillah.
Masha Allah, very experienced haafidh indeed....;D;D;D

Well, my masjid, 1.25 juzz, khatam by 27th Ramadhan, takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes,

ابن آل مرة
09-01-2010, 05:57 PM
my friend was leading with few other huffaz in this small mosque, they finished on 22nd night:omg:..they did 1.5 juz per day.

abdussattar
09-02-2010, 04:03 AM
Theres 1.25 juz in my mosque and inshallah they will finish on 27th ramdhan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!