/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ~ Help pls ~

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Sorry i dont know if this is the correct section to be posting this Q.

Well my problem is that i am trying to access my Usb stick/Hardrive or whatever they call it.
I try to access my files on my Usb stick thingy but it wont let me it comes up asking me "Format it", any advice/help?

And i know it will remove everything on my usb but i clicked "format it", but then it comes up saying "Windows was unable to format", what do i do to access my stuff/files etc on there?

This is sooo :phew:exhausted

InshaAllaah i made sense

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
08-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Salaam sis

sorry , no idea :(

We have a computer problems thread ; if u dont' get ans here , then post the problem there .

Hiroshi
08-27-2010, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Sorry i dont know if this is the correct section to be posting this Q.

Well my problem is that i am trying to access my Usb stick/Hardrive or whatever they call it.
I try to access my files on my Usb stick thingy but it wont let me it comes up asking me "Format it", any advice/help?

And i know it will remove everything on my usb but i clicked "format it", but then it comes up saying "Windows was unable to format", what do i do to access my stuff/files etc on there?

This is sooo :phew:exhausted

InshaAllaah i made sense

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam
Never had that happen to me. Try using it with a different computer perhaps?

أحمد
08-27-2010, 10:24 AM
:sl:

Have you tried it yet on Linux?

Usually the problem is on the operating system; the registry to be more precise. The easiest solution is to use a Linux Live CD.

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-27-2010, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam sis

sorry , no idea :(

We have a computer problems thread ; if u dont' get ans here , then post the problem there .
Jazakallahu Khaayr i will inshaAllaah.
format_quote Originally Posted by Hiroshi
Never had that happen to me. Try using it with a different computer perhaps?
Yeah, i tried it on another computer, but it wont come up at all on there.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Waheed

Have you tried it yet on Linux?

Usually the problem is on the operating system; the registry to be more precise. The easiest solution is to use a Linux Live CD.

InshaAllaah i will try that , Jazakallahu Khaayr all for your replies

Aslaamu alaaykum

'Abd Al-Maajid
08-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Long story cut short, you will not be able to use linux (I should not discourage you but try it) and your USB drive or portable hard drive or hard disk is probably damaged. If it is under warranty period, get a replacement and do not waste your time unnecessarily trying to repair it...as I used to do (long back, when I was not as geeky as I am now :p).

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-27-2010, 08:52 PM
I tried it, the download was 2 hours, i put it on a Cd ,but didnt work due to some error, maybe it was because i used 32 bit?
Its got stuff on there i need, how im i meant to get it back? so i wont be able to get it back? :-\

أحمد
08-27-2010, 08:53 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
Long story cut short, you will not be able to use linux (I should not discourage you but try it) and your USB drive or portable hard drive or hard disk is probably damaged. If it is under warranty period, get a replacement and do not waste your time unnecessarily trying to repair it...as I used to do (long back, when I was not as geeky as I am now :p).
I've seen this problem cropping up many times; usually its easily sorted out using a Linux Live CD. A dead USB drive "vanishes"; the circuit inside no longer functions at all. Until its reached that stage; its repairable.

أحمد
08-27-2010, 08:54 PM

I tried it, the download was 2 hours, i put it on a Cd ,but didnt work due to some error, maybe it was because i used 32 bit?
Its got stuff on there i need, how im i meant to get it back? so i wont be able to get it back? :-\
Did you boot-up Linux?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Its a new Usb btw, hasnt been soo long, maybe a couple of months :-\

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-27-2010, 08:56 PM

Did you boot-up Linux?

Yeah and then i put it on a Cd, when it finished it then said ,it has 1 error or something, but i still clicked ok and then it said the download is complete :-\

Im i making sense here? :-\

أحمد
08-27-2010, 09:00 PM

Yeah and then i put it on a Cd, when it finished it then said ,it has 1 error or something, but i still clicked ok and then it said the download is complete :-\

Im i making sense here? :-\
So you shutdown Windows, started up Linux and tried the USB disk?

What was the error?

أحمد
08-27-2010, 09:01 PM

Its a new Usb btw, hasnt been soo long, maybe a couple of months :-\
What's the make (company and model) of the disk?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-27-2010, 09:19 PM

So you shutdown Windows, started up Linux and tried the USB disk?

What was the error?

I put the Cd and i then clicked "Demo and full installation" then i reboot it, once my pc is back on it doesnt do anything :-\

if i click "Install inside windows" then it tells me "A previous installation was detected, it needs to be uninstalled before continuing", should i uninstall it? first im installing Linux btw.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-27-2010, 09:21 PM

What's the make (company and model) of the disk?

Its this : http://www.qct.nl/media/catalog/prod...file_62_55.jpg

أحمد
08-27-2010, 09:22 PM

Don't install it, just run it in Live CD mode; its the easiest way to run it from CD. It boots up within seconds.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Ok have i done something wrong? :-\

Erm what do i do next? How do i access my Usb?

أحمد
08-27-2010, 09:31 PM

Before accessing the USB disk; boot-up Linux.

Select "Try Ubuntu without any change to your computer" and press Enter.

Once Linux is "up and running"; insert the USB disk and wait.

Use Firefox to post here; give a screenshot of any errors.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Oh is that what it looks like? coz mine didnt look like that :-\

أحمد
08-27-2010, 09:38 PM

Oh is that what it looks like? coz mine didnt look like that :-\
The link I gave you was to a CD ISO file, which contains this operating system. Burn the ISO to CD and keep the CD in the drive, restart your PC and wait. When the screen as shown above appears; then you have successfully got to the boot stage.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-27-2010, 09:39 PM
^ i tried that, but nothing came up, i waited a while, i think theres something wrong with the installation, either its not been installed into the Cd properly, maybe i should do it again.

Sorry for wasting your time, im really confusing myself

Jazakallahu Khaayr for your help akhi really appreciate it.

أحمد
08-27-2010, 09:48 PM

OK, lets take another step back; to burning the ISO image to CD.

1. Insert a blank CD into the CD writer driver.

2. Open an ISO burner, e.g. Nero, ImgBurn, InfraRecorder, CD Burner XP, OR any other burning software.

3. Chose CD ISO mode for burning and select the ISO file.

4. Burn the disk; making sure to finalise the disk in disk at once setting. Chose half or less the disk speed of the CD for burning, if its a 52x CD; use 24x.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Ok Jazakallahu Khaayr

I did it, but when the installation into Cd ended it said "Bufferun underun error was avoided 3 times" what does that mean?
then it said "burn proccess completely successful"

أحمد
08-27-2010, 10:16 PM

Alternative solution is to take the USB disk to a local computer repair shop; they can use disk management software to treat the problem :inshallah

If you're in the UK; its not too difficult getting it repaired, or at least it shouldn't be.

~Raindrop~
08-27-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm going to spoil your thread, but this is a computer-part-related question and there's no point making a new thread...

If I need the fan replacing in my laptop, how much can I expect to pay?

أحمد
08-27-2010, 10:22 PM

Whenever burning disks; always enable buffer underun protection to prevent data corruption in burning.

أحمد
08-27-2010, 10:24 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
I'm going to spoil your thread, but this is a computer-part-related question and there's no point making a new thread...

If I need the fan replacing in my laptop, how much can I expect to pay?
That depends on the fan, the make and type. The prices could range between £20 and £70 depending on the factors mentioned.

~Raindrop~
08-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Wouldn't it also depend on which laptop it was? :><:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-27-2010, 10:28 PM

Whenever burning disks; always enable buffer underun protection to prevent data corruption in burning.

Ok Jazakallahu Khaayr for your help.

أحمد
08-27-2010, 10:30 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
Wouldn't it also depend on which laptop it was? :><:
I'm assuming this is about a CPU fan; different makes of laptops may take one make of CPU fan, OR may take different makes of CPU fan. Its also possible that different editions of the same model of laptop takes a different make of CPU fan. This is why its essential to check the fan specifically.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!