/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How much have you improved Islamically this Ramadan?

Vigno
08-28-2010, 03:51 AM
:sl:

Well, the topic says it, write what you are doing now that you weren't doing before Ramadan and whether you think you will stay doing it after Ramadan inshallah.

I ll start

1 - This Ramadan I got my hair cut, I was growing it in an improper way which made people think bad of me, my dad annoyed and most important it was a little girlish maybe so I didn't want to be cursed by Allah. So I was happy to let go of this burden and inshallah I ll never grow it that way again. Now am growing my beard instead.

2 - I started going to the mosque early and staying longer there.

3 - Am praying more

4 - Am eating just enough to survive

That's what I remember for now, inshallah I ll stay doing all after Ramadan as well.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Aleena
08-28-2010, 10:08 AM
1] I have started reading the Quran with translation and illustration

2] I m striving to make my salah perfect

3] making a habit of thanking Allah for anything and everything

4] reading islamic books instead of fiction novels

5] smiling as much as i can

syed_z
08-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Well i have to check whether how much i have kept away from my Bad deeds... as long as i have kept away from my bad deeds, then that is what i call improvement...

But really we would not find out until Ramadaan is over, whether how much have we improved, because Ramadaan comes once a year, to help us get rid of our bad habits which we have acquired throughout the year... and so once the Blessed Month is over is when we will find out how much we have improved and whether those bad deeds or habits have we quit or cut down or not and what we did during Ramadaan, like praying, and obeying God and trying to please Him, would last long in our lives...

'Abd Al-Maajid
08-28-2010, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
Well i have to check whether how much i have kept away from my Bad deeds... as long as i have kept away from my bad deeds, then that is what i call improvement...
Agreed.

I used to listen to music a lot...even just before the commencement of Ramadhan i.e. till the last day of Shaban I listened to music thinking that I have to keep away from music during Ramadhan and I will listen to it as much as I can. And Alhumdulillah till now (during Ramadhan) I just listened to 2 or 3 tracks in Ramadhan (and that's a great achievement for me, I used to listen to music for 6-8 hours a day :( )

I used to get myself involved in gossip and useless talk before Ramadhan. But now Alhumdulillah I keep away from those malicious talk and I keep quite unless there is a need to open my mouth (i.e. to speak something).

This Ramadhan, I am listening to Quran and reading it with meaning.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!