/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cgpa?

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-01-2010, 10:30 AM
:sl:
I have separate GPA for each of the seven semesters. Now how do I calculate CGPA from those GPA? Is it (sum of the GPAs)/(number of semesters)?

I am confused because we do not have GPA system here. Also what GPA is considered good, average and below average?:phew

Please...reply...anyone...soon...:><:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
09-01-2010, 10:37 AM
:sl:

As far as I know, our percentage marks cannot be simply converted to the GPA format. Even if you have 75% aggregate, and you think that would be 3 out of 4 GPA, then that is not 'Good' (for lack of a better term).
As per International standards, Indian 60% should be considered as 3 out of 4 GPA, but that is not the case. They just don't understand how Indian system works.

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-01-2010, 10:44 AM
In my university, 60% aggregate is considered as GOOD. But other educational boards consider it to be AVERAGE.

format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
As per International standards, Indian 60% should be considered as 3 out of 4 GPA, but that is not the case. They just don't understand how Indian system works.
Can you tell me where I can get more information on this and I want to convert my aggregate %ge into GPA equivalent...

AabiruSabeel
09-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Check this link and scroll down: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_grading_in_India
You will see a table comparing different grading systems

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!