/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my Salat please

|Mo|
09-02-2010, 12:04 AM
I keep googling and want to make sure I do everything correct. Please correct me where I am wrong or need help

Fajr

4 Rakah total 2 separate sets of 2.
2 Sunnat
2 Farz

Dhuhr

10 Rakah total
4 Sunnat
2 Farz
4 Sunnat

Asr (same as fajr?)

4 Rakah total
2 Sunnat
2 Farz

Maghrib

5 Rakah total
2 Sunnat
3 Farz

Isha
9 Rakah total
4 Sunnat
2 Farz
3 Witr

Now if I miss a prayer and have to make Qaza, do I do only the Farz?

Brothers and sisters thank you for your help it is so greatly appreciated. May Allah bless you all for your help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
09-02-2010, 12:18 AM
:sl: According to Hanafi fiqh, the ones in red are mandatory:

Fajr: 4 total - 2 sunnah, 2 fardh
Dhuhr: 12 total - 4 sunnah, 4 fardh, 2 sunnah, 2 nafl
Asr: 8 total - 4 sunnah, 4 fardh
Maghrib: 7 total - 3 fardh, 2 sunnah, 2 nafl
Isha: 17 total - 4 sunnah, 4 fardh, 2 sunnah, 2 nafl, 3 witr, 2 nafl

The order laid out above is how you'd pray them too.

|Mo|
09-02-2010, 12:58 AM
thank you so much brother

do you or any one know of a video/audio of how to properly recite"attaya tul" (sorry I don't know the name or how to ask for it properly) but it is the first verse you recite after 2 rakah and you're sitting down after your sajda. I have found some youtube videos of how to recite them but its not clear and Im having a hard time saying the entire verse properly. I cannot read Arabic either.

|Mo|
09-02-2010, 01:03 AM
also when I go to friday prayer why is it when I'm behind Imam we do 2 rakah?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
|Mo|
09-02-2010, 01:06 AM
well I dont mean why I mean is the 2 rakah behind imam sunnah or fardh?

abdussattar
09-02-2010, 03:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
Dhuhr: 12 total - 4 sunnah, 4 fardh, 2 sunnah, 2 nafl

As stated above, Dhuhr has 12 rakaahs. In friday prayers too you have 12 rakaahs.But you offer 2 fardh and 4 rakaah sunnath after fardh.

So the total is :-
Jum'ah: 12 total - 4 sunnah, 2 fardh, 4 sunnah, 2 nafl

Allahu alim.

and maybe theres 2 more nafl in Jum'ah, but I'm not sure.

abdussattar
09-02-2010, 03:26 AM
One more thing. Whenever you pray behind the Imam, its fardh.

The only exception is in Ramdhan, where you pray the Sunnath-e-muakkidah taraweeh, and the Witr behind Imam after Isha.

ardianto
09-02-2010, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by |Mo|
thank you so much brother

do you or any one know of a video/audio of how to properly recite"attaya tul" (sorry I don't know the name or how to ask for it properly) but it is the first verse you recite after 2 rakah and you're sitting down after your sajda. I have found some youtube videos of how to recite them but its not clear and Im having a hard time saying the entire verse properly. I cannot read Arabic either.
:sl:

That's named Tashahud Du'a. http://transliteration.org/quran/tahET.htm

Alpha Dude
09-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Jum'ah: 12 total - 4 sunnah, 2 fardh, 4 sunnah, 2 nafl

and maybe theres 2 more nafl in Jum'ah, but I'm not sure.
Yeah, for jum'ah there is another 2 but not nafl, but rather 2 sunnah muakkadah. So we have: 4 sunnah, 2 fardh, 4 sunnah, 2 sunnah, 2 nafl

The red are obligatory.

|Mo|
09-02-2010, 03:53 PM
thank you so much for the help

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!