/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Love marriage

FollowerOfChrist
09-03-2010, 08:59 PM
What does Islam say about marrying someone your in love with? Can you marry someone your physically/sexually attracted to?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
09-04-2010, 12:25 PM
yes you can, infact a man and woman are recommended to view each other before marriage so they are satisfied with the others looks. as for two people liking each other, muhammed peace and blessing be upon him said:
We do not think that there is anything better for those who love one another than marriage
Ibn majah
having said that, that means marriage, not a pre marital relationship

manaal
09-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the question.

Yes of course they can. Love is not forbidden in Islam. A man can marry a women for love, her beauty, piety, intelligence, wealth...

But there are certain guidelines as to how he should get about proposing marriage. He can propose to a woman directly, but better to approach her guardian (wali). He is not allowed to have an affair with hear before marriage (no dating and stuff). He is allowed to meet with and talk to her as long as a close relative of the woman is present. These rules are there to prevent fornication which is strictly forbidden in Islam.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi Followerofthechrist

Well Love comes after Marriage in Islaam, and yes you can marry one who you are attracted to.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Neelofar
09-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Totally true, Muslimah 4 Life!.. i didn't know you could marry the person you were attracted to! :D

Beardo
09-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Yes, you can love and express it any way or form you want after marriage. Ya know what I'm sayin'? There's no other way I'd have it. Alhamdulillah!

AabiruSabeel
09-11-2010, 11:41 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
i had one my classfellow in univeristy from JORDAN..... he told me once that when the daughter of Shoaid (AS) said that this man (MOSA AS) is good bcz He is powerfull and trustworthy....Shoaib AS did her nikkah with Mosa AS...so if a man or either woman get attraction for someone on solid reasons ( i.e qualities not worldly things bcz there in no surety of worldly things), better is they should go for marriage. also totally agreed, islam blv in love after marriage.
We cannot say she fell in love with Musa (AS) or that he was attracted towards her. She just said to her father (Shu'aib AS):
"O my (dear) father! engage him on wages: truly the best of men for thee to employ is the (man) who is strong and trusty" [28:26]

Shu'ab (AS) sensed she admired his strength and nobility, therefore offered the proposal to him to prevent any unlawful admiration/attraction that may develop if he had simply hired him on wages.

Darth Ultor
09-11-2010, 11:45 AM
What if the woman's father doesn't approve the union? Does it have any bearing?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!