/* */

PDA

View Full Version : seperation and witness to discussions

lost---
09-06-2010, 09:36 AM
My wife and I have separated but not divorced. I am not sure of what will happen going forward. The wife suggested to have a meeting, I am happy to do that. However she wants her brother there as a witness. He is not trustworthy, and unlikely to be honest if needed in the future.

My wifes's father died a few years ago. She has younger brother who is 21 and an elder one who is older then me and her, he is not aware of Islam. She also has a brother in-law who is into his deem.

Am I right to say I am not happy to have a meeting if her older brother is present? She will not have a meeting without him.

I have a 5 month old son who I have not had access to since leaving.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Wahid
09-16-2010, 07:48 AM
:sl: brother

Sorry for the late reply. You haven't divorced so that is good. Yes agree to the meeting. See what your wife has to say and what your concerns/problems are. Be patient and do dua that ALLAH(SWT) makes it easier for all for you.

You say your not comfortable with her brother being there so tell her to bring her mum and you can also bring your mum. Or you can take your sister and your wife can bring her sister.

You have a young son so work things out InshaALLAH and be there for him.

If you fear a breach between them twain (the man and his wife), appoint (two) arbitrators, one from his family and the other from her's; if they both wish for peace, Allah will cause their reconciliation. Indeed Allah is Ever All-Knower, Well-Acquainted with all things. Surat An-Nisā' (The Women) - (4:35) - سورة النساء

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!